Help with LOD for a building

Kelsenellenelvian

I have added a building to the worldspace and would like to have LOD files included for it. I cannot, for the life of me figure it out though. Can someone help me or give me a hand?

3 hours ago, Sheson said:

What game? Did you create a new 3D model or used a vanilla model that already has a LOD model?

LOL oops. Skyrim and I used vanilla assets (Farmhouse06) so afaik there should be a vanilla LOD model.

If you didn't change the base record for the farmhouse, then the easiest way to generate vanilla like object LOD, is to use TES5LODGen.exe and follow its instruction to generate static object LOD.

If you get a recent xEdit and rename it to TES5LODGen.exe you can limit generation to specific LOD levels and areas.

However, enthusiast mod users hopefully generate the LOD for their entire load order anyways. Hopefully with DynDOLOD :) 

47 minutes ago, Sheson said:

If you didn't change the base record for the farmhouse, then the easiest way to generate vanilla like object LOD, is to use TES5LODGen.exe and follow its instruction to generate static object LOD.

If you get a recent xEdit and rename it to TES5LODGen.exe you can limit generation to specific LOD levels and areas.

However, enthusiast mod users hopefully generate the LOD for their entire load order anyways. Hopefully with DynDOLOD :) 

PK I did that and it just gives me the option for tamriel. Not my esp. Will it generate LOD files for all of tamriel or just my mod?

The process for achieving this in the CK is described in the archive readme that you can download here. Yes, whatever app you choose to generate it (CK or xEdit/xLODGen) you'll get a bunch of bto files for the entire worldspace. In order to grab only the files you need, you have to manually filter them by using the naming rules/conventions described here.