Brexit - Now a reality and today it is official

Leonardo

Earlier today I heard on the news that Brexit now have been activated by Theresa May's official letter to EU's chairman Donald Tusk.

I remember Gary Lineker. When told that it might take a decade until all contracts are final, he said: ... but that's unfair, considering that most of the people who voted for the exit are already dead by then.

Quite a shame. And with the likelihood of subsequent Scottish independence and Irish unification, Cameron's legacy will be that of destroying the United Kingdom. :-(

Good on May for following through on the vote. I think in the end history will prove this decision correct. Yes, it'll hurt in the short term, but long term I have little doubt it'll be fine.

Recovering sovereignty and auto-determination is a sweet dream for some others, too. And I'm not trolling... :whistle:

• 3 weeks later...

My mom is British, she hasn't lived in the UK in over 30 years though but still she had a strong opinion on this. Her sister who lives in the UK has a business that was hit hard by this so that whole side of my family has been up in arms over it.

I personally don't have an opinion myself, but it's interesting to see how it affects people.