Custom weapon advice

Kelsenellenelvian

I have some custom weapons that are great but they will not show when dropped. Is there a tut for fixing this or a volunteer that would help me out please?

If it's for original Skyrim, if you want to share the files, I'll take a look at them. Can't think of anything off the top of my head that wouldn't let them show when dropped. Assuming you have a 1stperson model and a world model even though they're typically exactly the same.

If it's for SSE, sorry, can't help.

7 hours ago, Kelsenellenelvian said:

but they will not show when dropped

If you've (or someone who did them) made these Meshes have forgotten (or did not know about it) to turn off (uncheck) option "Auto Sanitize before Save" is in Nifskope menu (Files->Auto Sanitize before Save) and restart NifSkope (I have always turned off this option)

It is this option in my case, cause the disappearance of my edited and custom weapons when I drop them on the ground.

The only way I managed to fix it (avoid this problem) it was to re-export again NIF from 3d max and using NifSkope with disabled above described option.

Ok, so, being Crossbows, InsanePlumber is correct - turn off AutoSanitize on Save option (although I thought it was off by default in the latest version of Nifskope). The main problem here is some of your meshes are out of order, along with a few other issues.

Stahlrim crossbow - out of order. The NiNode of the CrossbowRoot needs to come before the NiTriShape branch. So move the NiTriShape (and all its blocks) down below the NiNode. Highlight the NiTriShape line, use CTRL + down arrow, you'll see the block number change. Keep going until the number won't change any more. Now expand the NiTriShape block and do the same for each branch in that block so its all in order.

Horker crossbow (love this btw!) - the two NiTriShapes are named the same, thats a no no. Rename the second one to crossbow:1 or something. Otherwise it appears to be in order.

Wooden crossbow1 - this is a mess. Are you sure this even works? You have all the NiTriShapes bundled up under a BSFadeNode - you can't have two BSFadeNodes in a mesh. It needs to be a NiNode (use the convert option). I'm not even sure that'll work anyway, just leave the NiTriShapes as children under the root BSFadeNode. Besides that, it's out of order, the CrossbowRoot NiNode needs to be above the NiTriShapes, so do as above. Also, none of the NiTriShapes have names, they need a string name and each unique from each other.

Wooden crossbow2 - same as wooden crossbow 1.

Wooden crossbow3 - while this one doesn't have the extra BSFadeNode, the NiTriShapes are still out of order and have no string names.

So, a little bit of cleaning up to do. Even then, I'm not sure if any of these with multiple NiTriShapes are rigged properly. Also, every NiTriShapeData Consistency Flag should be CT_Static.