.nif blender assistance needed

Kelsenellenelvian

I really need someone that knows blender enough to swap out the meshes on a stack of crossbow .nifs.

There's like ten and I need the usleep crossbow nif base with the mesh from the custom crossbow nifs to fix the snapback bug on them and the animations speed up.

Please let me know if your capable and willing to do this.

I've never had any success working with bows in Blender, and the crossbow would probably be just as difficult.

However, an easier way to do this, if you just want to swap the 'mesh' part is in Nifskope. This will only work if the custom crossbow is rigged the exact same way as the original crossbow (same bones).

1. Open two Nifskope windows, one with the USLEEP crossbow nif, one with your custom crossbow nif.

2. In the custom crossbow, find the NiTriShape for the mesh object and expand it. Right click on the NiTriShapeData block. Go to Block > Copy. (NOT copy branch)

3. In the usleep crossbow, expand the NiTriShape for the mesh object, right click on the NiTriShapeData block. Go to Block > Paste Over.

This will change the mesh from one to the other without affecting the rigging and animations.

There's also the dwarven crossbow that USLEEP updated, and it is rigged differently than the normal one. Perhaps your custom crossbows are based on that?

Yeah these nifs are totally different they are a bunch of pieces not one single mesh so for now I am just going to have to suffer. Thank you though.