Compatibility or Merge Patch

aogara

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a mod that adds factions and radiants tags (and icons) on quests, and asking myself a few questions about the best way to provide compatibility with changes mades in UFO4P (which I use too).
Here is the mod : Factions and radiants quests tags (made with Beth.'s CK)

I actually have non clue how ( or if possible ) to make a merge patch in the Creation Kit ... but have a few hours using FO4Edit ... so I started from there.
I've spotted 4 quests I changed that are also patched in UFO4P :

Min02, Taking independance
> a `CNAME - Log Entry` moved from stage 40 to stage 45            

BoSM01, The Lost Patrol
> removed  Properties  `BoSM01DanseStage150CMPFinalReport0` from script managements

RRR10, A clean equation    &    RRR11, High ground
> Few conditions changes and additions

My game didn't crash so far with the merge patch ... but I haven't stressed it enough so I'll have to push alpha tests further.

Anyway, what I would like to ask is :
1. would you mind if I release the merge patch packed in my mod ( that would replace my esp depending of the choice of the user ) ?
2. could you confirm that the FO4Edit is a smart way to do it ... or not ... or if there is a better way ( like the CK ) ?
3. give me any tips or resources to go further (beside the classic CK Tutorials) ?

I wouldn't find out ( or worse, that an user of my mod ) figured out that I didn't spotted and forgot changes,forms, ... anything.

Regards,
Aogara