Cutting Room Floor bug

Sprankton

Some npc like frea that are introduced by this mod have the fruity pebble face bug. I don't know if this is where this thread should go or if this is where this needs to be reported, but i hope Arthmoor sees this and updates the mod if he can. Thank You for everything.

I've used the mod for years and haven't seen this issue. Check to make sure you don't have a mod interfering with NPC's. CRF doesn't touch the NPC textures or faces.

For my own curiosity, just what the heck is the "fruity pebble face bug"? I've never heard of that one.

Some npc like frea that are introduced by this mod have the fruity pebble face bug. I don't know if this is where this thread should go or if this is where this needs to be reported, but i hope Arthmoor sees this and updates the mod if he can. Thank You for everything.

And how do you think he can *fix* this odd bug, if it's a bug that is, without seeing a picture and a posted loadorder.

It's a facegen issue for sure, but not necessarily in the mesh. This multi-colours mask looks like the textures\actors\character\male\malehead_msn.dds or the textures\actors\character\female\femalehead_msn.dds texture :

t6fBcP0.png

I can't tell for sure but this NPC face morphology doesn't look 100% vanilla... Are you using any mod supposed to make "better faces" ? :huh: (or maybe an Oldrim mod not properly ported to SSE) Finally, it might also be a bad rendering issue relying in hardware (CG card) or outdated drivers.

I've never seen that issue before on either of those NPCs, and as I said before, until you'd mentioned this bug I'd never even heard of it from anyone before. I think Nico has the right of it. You've got something else installed that's not playing nice or hasn't been properly ported from Classic.

I DID have something similar happen to Heimskr's robes once and that turned out to be due to a corrupt vanilla BSA file. Validating through Steam fixed that. You might want to try that first.

Damn, well i downloaded CRF from bethesda.net for the xbone and i don't use any mods that alter the textures on npc's (UNP or whatever else does something like that) so i really have no idea what could cause this. I will attach my current load order in a word doc with hopes that it will point out something that is causing this issue. I don't know if this helps, but this issue also affects one vanilla npc, Angi. I have only one mod that alters a specific npc race and changes it from a nord to a bosmer. This mod is called the Bosmer Armor Pack. As i was testing to determine what mods was causing this i decided to disable CRF and the "fruity pebble bug" fixed itself for Angi. After that i re-enabled CRF and disabled the Bosmer Armor Pack and Angi face had the "fruity pebble bug". Other than Angi, Frea and Herbane no other npc's seem to have this bug. Hope this can help narrow the issue and thanks for taking the time to help.

Current Load Order.docx

So apparently from what I've been told this glitch occurs at random when a mod adds NPC's to the vanilla game and it cannot be fixed my changing your load order. So the more NPC's added to the game the higher the chance of this happening. Additionally someone else told me that this bug is caused by the base game programming and that there is no current work around known. If this information is true hopefully it will help others find the cause and fix this issue. I would like to apologize to @Arthmoor as this is not CRF fault and i would like to thank everyone that suggested a work around. 

Do you have a link to where people told you this? Cause it isn't something that's ever been reported that I can find in any of the common places people post about Skyrim.

@Arthmoor Unfortunately i don't have a link, but apparently it has something to do with facegen data. Bethnet is littered with these threads if you search for "pixelated face glitch/bug". I will post the link to a thread where they were discussing the issue. Hopefully you can come up with something. https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/9726/followers-lose-face-textures-when-placed-in-game/10