Permanent Combat Face

revilo13

All my characters in SSE have the angry/sad combat facial expression (scowl, clenched teeth, squinted eyes) permanently rather than when they are just in combat. At first my characters facial expressions reverted back to normal after combat, however they all eventually got stuck with this angry/sad face even after combat had ended (no red enemy icons on the HUD, combat music had stopped, I can face travel again, etc). Using the console command "showracemenu" does remove this facial expression and their face is back to normal but having to switch to the race menu after every combat encounter is getting tiresome. Also when loading a save the character begins with a normal facial expression even if their facial expression was angry/sad as I previously saved.

This has been an issue reported before for the original Skyrim on forums and has been acknowledged as a bug on unofficial wiki sites like UESPWiki but no real fix has been found. I'm not quite sure what is causing the issue and don't really know what to do apart from now just ignore it/continue going into race menu after every combat encounter.