How to generate lip files in Skyrim SE CK?

Prometheus

I have followed all tutorials and they end up where you have to press to generate lip files, I have all correct settings and files but the option is always grayed out ... Why?

Bug ? Or else?

Maybe the new SE CK doesn't support it (it was the case for FO4 CK, that is shipped with a 32 bits version alongside dedicated only to this task), even after installing the proper fonixdata.cdf file from Oldrim or FO4 CK. Anyway, as the SE CK doesn't support utf-8 characters and displays them fubared, any eventual resulting lip file would probably not match your expectations. That's why it's probably safe to design mods for Oldrim, in Oldrim CK, then finally port them to SE. Not a real big issue imo, the annoying thing is rather the number of lip files to generate for big mods. And in Oldrim you could do it in almost 1 mouse click by batch, as described here.

You need to use the old CK to generate lip. The function is disabled in the new one.

But how can I do that ? If I pick all the files of my mod and drop back into a skyrim old folder and try to load it will crash ck normal version I suppose , because I use a different esp no?

Indeed, that becomes a huge problem that can only be solved by developing the mod in the original CK to start with and porting up to SSE when it's ready.

IMO, that's not a sustainable way to do things long term.

Wonder why it's disabled?

Else are we all reduced to zombie/draugr-like "static" lip animations for mods. Might work well with the eyes in a "Village of the Damned" mash-up. :P

Village%203_zpsfgdqzod3.jpg

Make a backup of your SE mod and keep it safe somewhere.

Load your mod in SSEEdit and delete everything but Dialog Topic and Dialog Branch categories, save it, close SSEEdit. Open your file with an hex editor (maybe wordpad can do it), at offset 0x14 you'll find a 2C hex value. Change it to 2B and save.

Oldrim%20Form%20Version.png

This value is the 'Form version' that you can view in the header with xEdit, and changing it sets it back to the one for Oldrim. You should now be able to load this modified plugin in Oldrim CK, or generate lip files by batch with Oldrim CK (I did not test this very last step, though), provided that you also copied all your wav source files in Oldrim proper folder tree.

Once it's done you only have to cut-paste the generated lip files in SSE proper folder tree. You can then trash your 'only for lip generation' esp.

This script can update Form Version in xEdit, no need to hex edit values :imp:

unit UpdateFormVersion;

function Process(e: IInterface): integer;
begin
  SetFormVersion(e, 43);
end;

end.

This script can update Form Version in xEdit, no need to hex edit values :imp:

unit UpdateFormVersion;

function Process(e: IInterface): integer;
begin
  SetFormVersion(e, 43);
end;

end.

Sorry , I am lost, btw , all that lip generation can be added to xEdit?

No, only changing the Form version of your plugin can be achieved in xEdit with the help of the script Zilav provided you.

(Back up the original mod first.) 

Nico said:

Load your mod in SSEEdit and delete everything but Dialog Topic and Dialog Branch categories, save it,

Copy it over to the Data directory in Oldrim and run TES5Edit. Right click to select Apply Scripts- right at the top of the listbox is <New Script>.

Click it and replace everything with Zilav's code above.

Save it to a file name like FormVer and press okay- it will appear in the Edit Scripts folder and the script will run.

med_gallery_2044_77_94934.jpg

Tried this on the entire Skyrim.esm in Oldrim. Works well!

• 3 weeks later...

​I found the CK was updated but I can't find any log explaining what was fixed and what not , do we have any informations ? Any idea if the lip file generation issues were fixed?