Game mechanics question?

Sah

Hello every one this ones name is Sah  :wave: 

Sorry if this post is in the wrong section & if this question has been asked before?.......my first day 

This one has spent many years developing her combat Technic like every good Skyrim player dose

Would like to ask a a question about combat mechanics because there is something that is driving me crazy 

Why cant I jump of a mountain? Why do I have to die half way down?

Because as I am falling the same thought always crosses my mind "Heck I'm Sah :blink:  just do a Ethereal shout & problem solved"

So the question is "Why do the combat mechanics of the game STOP once you are in mid air?

Logic would sagest that I have all the time in the world to execute the shout so why is it disabled? 

This is even more evident if you try to swing a sword after you jump into the air, YOU CANT DO IT, you can not even keep your blocking stance once you jump.

Its been like this as long as I can remember Skyrim, is this something that was not ever considered or is it bug?, because when it comes to IMMERSION it really kills combat

Any information on this subject would be dearly appreciated, and if there is any available fix for this problem? 

Yours Sah 

My guess is, because you can't do two animations at once.

When you jump from a high place you're in a jumpfall animation until you hit something, so can't call/play the shout animation or any combat animation at the same time. I assume it's the same with swimming and why they removed underwater combat.

My guess is, because you can't do two animations at once.

When you jump from a high place you're in a jumpfall animation until you hit something, so can't call/play the shout animation or any combat animation at the same time. I assume it's the same with swimming and why they removed underwater combat.

thank you so much for the feed back Hana it makes seance what your saying

Question "so if its a animations issue, it could be fixed by some one with a mod that allows 2 animations at the same time?

Query ............if I reverse the process ....execute a Ethereal shout (thats one animation) and then start jumping around (second animation) there is no issue whats so ever? so why cant the proces be reversed

this one invented a Sport that demonstrates her query of using 2 animations at once, it never caught on but thats another issue https://youtu.be/OLNgFkiJw8M

again thanks

Technically, yes, but I'm not sure if the current havok animation system could ever allow 2 animations at the same time.

Interesting video. What your doing there is the shout animation first and that animation stops after the shout. Then you can go into moving/jumping animations. The reverse would not work because once you jump you're in a series of animations made to work together when jumping from heights.

* jump animation (start of a jump)

* jumpfall animation (idle anim when you're hanging in midair)

* jumpland animation (end when you're once again on ground (or water))

What you're proposing is to do some animation while in the jumpfall animation without jumpfall stopping. As I said, this is a guess, but I doubt the engine is equipped to handle that.

Even if you could create new animations the engine still would not know when to start a normal jump animation or a new combo jump/shout/swing sword animation.

Technically, yes, but I'm not sure if the current havok animation system could ever allow 2 animations at the same time.

Interesting video. What your doing there is the shout animation first and that animation stops after the shout. Then you can go into moving/jumping animations. The reverse would not work because once you jump you're in a series of animations made to work together when jumping from heights.

* jump animation (start of a jump)

* jumpfall animation (idle anim when you're hanging in midair)

* jumpland animation (end when you're once again on ground (or water))

What you're proposing is to do some animation while in the jumpfall animation without jumpfall stopping. As I said, this is a guess, but I doubt the engine is equipped to handle that.

Even if you could create new animations the engine still would not know when to start a normal jump animation or a new combo jump/shout/swing sword animation.

this one thank you so much for you time & help, this was just a desperate attempt to take my combat to the next level ..

my head is full of so many combat ideas that it was worth a try,

I am at a point that I choreograph entire combat sequences in legendary, but after you do something like this you start running out of ideas https://youtu.be/vIhIszSa5yc?list=PLxfqb6Acnpjzr_q_P5-ioYuNmdNlZNFgd

again thank you so much Hana for the information usually I get ignored with questions like these ......but you did help......thanks again will go and play now