Let's say hello to an old friend ...

Sclerocephalus

If you have played Skyrim, you certainly know the bug that may cause actors to perform animations out of place, e.g. sitting on thin air some distance away from the chair they just activated, swimming on thin air well above the water plane, etc., etc.

I have never seen this happening in FO4 so far (so I assumed that they fixed it) - until recently:

Msplaced 1

Msplaced 2

Apparently, they re-introduced this bug with one of the patches in september-october, as this is around the time when it started happening.

Gotta love it. They've regressed so much stuff in the last 2 patches and it's making work on the UFO4P into a nightmare again. I hate to see what else will be broken again if there's another patch coming.

Worst part of this is we can't do a thing about the issue, yet people will blame us for it happening. Used to come up all the time in Skyrim.

There's a low chance that they may be looking into it If there are enough people complaining - and if they do, the chances for finding out what's going wrong are probably better than ever before: it never happened so far, so there must have been an inadvertent edit in a recent patch that unlocked it.

If they really fix it, there's also a small chance that they also fix it in Skyrim (given that they know by then what's causing it).

Very low chance, I know, but hope dies last ....

Another one: not really an old friend, but apparently still a friend since this is also happening in another Beth game.

When I was reading this post by MannyGT, there was ringing a bell:

http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4731-bosses-and-dungeons-some-technical-infos-you-may-need-to-know-about-non-unique-npcs/

The Nuka World DLC added those radiant quests that send you to collar enemies in Commonwealth locations, and the target NPCs are usually bosses. Guess what happens when all enemies are dead ? Yep, the location will not show up as cleared, since your target cannot die. Moreover, with the boss removed, it will probably never ever be clearable, so I expect that it won't ever respawn either.

Just bad quest design ?

[Note to self: open a ticket on the tracker]