[Skyrim SE] BethINI - The most researched INI tweaking tool now for SE

alt3rn1ty

I am not the author, but highly recommend this tool, which is now uploaded and adapted to Skyrim SE

BethINI by DoubleYou ( AKA VUUD on Nexus )

STEP topic for feedback

I used it for Skyrim prior to Skyrim SE coming out, and its Ultra setting managed to squeeze out a bit more quality than the games Ultra setting with no performance impact

DoubleYou has done an excellent job of methodically confirming every ini setting, and in the process debunked many which were bogus but many people still recommended as part of custom setups

It also does not change UGrids by default, in other words its recommending the Bethesda setting, as it should do.

( No-one can stop people from setting it so hiding a valid setting would be inappropriate for this tool )

I am happy to endorse this as a tool that everyone should use, and adopt it instead of following "guides" which invariably have a heap of settings from one users machine which are probably causing havoc on another persons machine taking the advice blindly.

I agree that he did a lot on investigating settings in INI files, but...

Application (BethINI) still leaves much to be desired.

ny85v7Y.png

I would add that this is the first time when I have such problems with the application In the past ~20 years using M$ Windows. (Windows 7 x64)
And I use dozens of different kinds of applications.

I do not write this maliciously, just wrote how it is.

I dont see whats wrong - Did you choose the BethINI equivalent of what the game launcher usually sets ?

See those Poor / Low / Medium / High / Ultra / Default buttons, what they set also depends upon whether you choose Vanilla Presets or BethINI Presets.

( For my machine, the game launcher usually sets Ultra, so I choose Ultra BethINI Preset settings )

Recommended usage:
1. Please do not delete your INI files prior to running this!
2. Run BethINI 
3. Mod Organizer users should go to the Setup tab and select the profile they wish to use via the ''INI Path'' setting. Your profiles should be autodetected. It is highly recommended to close Mod Organizer if open.
4. Click Default. This will refresh your INI files to the default state.
5. Original Skyrim ENB users should tick the ''ENB Mode'' checkbox . This does not apply to users who ONLY use the ENBoost portion of ENB. This should be autodetected, so if you are unsure, leave this alone!
6. Click your desired preset.
7. Tick the ''Recommended Tweaks'' checkbox to apply tweaks recommended for all users.
8. Click the Save and Exit button.

Edit : Oh wait I get it, the background colour of the boxes ( I thought you had blanked them out for some reason :) ) .. I think DoubleYou would appreciate feedback on that

Edit 2 : Ah, Win 7 and disabling Aero.