Purple textures?

szale9001

On XB1 here, using the Unofficial patch. Since updating to 4.0.4, I am seeing weird purple textures around certain areas. I wasn't able to play that long, but so far I have seen them in Warmaiden's in Whiterun (the chimney stone was purple) and the  sarcophagi in Windhelm's graveyard (all but one around the priestess were purple). Is anyone else seeing this/can confirm?

I do run a couple of other mods like Optimized Vanilla Textures and Insignificant Inconsistencies Fix, but disabling them had no effect. 

We know about the one in Windhelm, not the one in Warmaidens. It's the result of some files that had invalid texture paths that didn't show up in any sort of testing or validation because the game, the CK, and all the tools we all use simply accepted it. Now that they've been run through an SSE conversion, the affected files show up with purple parts. At least that makes them east to spot now :P

Confirmed on PC in The Warmaiden by members of the french community.

La_Guerri_re_texture_manquante.jpg?dl=1&

I checked myself without any texture mod and I have it too. :D

We know about the one in Windhelm, not the one in Warmaidens. It's the result of some files that had invalid texture paths that didn't show up in any sort of testing or validation because the game, the CK, and all the tools we all use simply accepted it. Now that they've been run through an SSE conversion, the affected files show up with purple parts. At least that makes them east to spot now :P

That sounds... difficult to track down. Is that something you can fix without having to visually confirm each instance? Or should we get to exploring  :P

At the moment visual confirmation is about all that'll work. None of the tools have visibility on this. It's not something that should ever have worked though, that's the thing.

I audited USSEP meshes. Looks like the chimney and Windhelm tombstones are the only meshes containing bad textures paths.