Rain under roofs: Vanilla - Riverwood [Solved]

Dhaylen

If I understand it correctly, 'rain under roofs' used to be patched with USLEP?

However, due to Skyrim SE having this problem 'fixed' by Bethesda, it was taken out.

From my experience, Rain still pours under roofs, at least in Riverwood.

(Details here.)

https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/7619/rain-under-roofs-vanilla-riverwood-screenshots

1: Uninstalled/Reinstalled Skyrim SE, including all mods.

2: Took an old save backup, never modded, and...

* It never rained in Riverwood - I 'waited' through the month of 'Rains Hand' (irony), and some part of 'Second Seed' - only to get thick fog, no rain.

note: This is from a fresh save. I could get 'vanilla rain' in Riverwood after turning mods off of a file that had previously used the weather mod - screenshots in link above.

3: Installed True Storms, thinking Vivid Weathers may have corrupted the original file I was testing, and... same issue as with Vivid Weathers - rain through roof.

note: Only turned on USSEP and True Storms for this test, with a file that had never been used with any mods.

Conclusion:

Im at a loss - either this is a bug affecting everyone/some, or a glitch on my end - though from a fresh install, with an old save, and only two mods - not sure what to do.

Thank you for your time.

USKP never touched rain occlusion, so you must be mistaken.

Now i understand for you in the SSE the new occlusion doesn't work ib riverwood. Theoretically, this could be a big now, if maybe a mesh or weather setting or whatever is wrong.

But for that, you would need to reproduce the issue ob a purely vanilla setup with a purely vanilla save (or including USSEP).

Sadly from your description i couldn't even deceiver whether you did this or not?!

USKP never touched rain occlusion, so you must be mistaken.

Now i understand for you in the SSE the new occlusion doesn't work ib riverwood. Theoretically, this could be a big now, if maybe a mesh or weather setting or whatever is wrong.

But for that, you would need to reproduce the issue ob a purely vanilla setup with a purely vanilla save (or including USSEP).

Sadly from your description i couldn't even deceiver whether you did this or not?!

First, thank you for your reply.

Secondly, I went pure vanilla - sorry I over complicated what I said.

The issue is resolved... It was Nvidia.

In short, like most people, my default settings went to the integrated graphics card - this, was not the issue, but close.

See, I had set my Nvidia driver, in the Nvidia control panel, to override this... which turned everything to 'ultra'.

However, I primarily use Nvidias GeForce Experience for my games, and I had it set up Skyrim SE.

* Problem is two fold

1: It resets and is always 'greyed' out ever since the last driver update.

2: The settings, when it does optimize it, turns off - you guessed it, Precipitation Occlusion!

Doh! Aggr... I have spent 69hrs. Testing 100+ mods with load orders! But have had great help reading these forums and Bethesda's.

*** When I was testing the rain, only using True Storms & USSEP, clean save, something strange happened.

- A thief showed up, the NPCs killed him, I looted him - and he still had clothes? Is this part of USSEP, or a glitch?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So just a note here. Playing on Xbox One. Only climate/weather mod is True Storms. Also running USSEP. With Alternate Start, if I do the shipwreck start, and it happens to be raining when the new game starts, the rain appears in the water inside the ship. I am running other mods. If this needs to be tested with USSEP and Alt Start only with no other mods, be glad to give it a shot.