[RELz] Helarchen Creek

Arthmoor

helarchen-creek-logo.jpg

A village in the mountains southeast of the city of Dawnstar.

Tamriel has had many villages on maps for as far back as anyone can remember. What happened to them all? Nobody really knows. This mod is simply my take on bringing one back from Elder Scrolls: Arena. Helarchen Creek was a small village in the game somewhere in the mountains near Dawnstar. Originally it appears as though Bethesda planned to put this around the Nightgate Inn, but then changed the name on that and cut the content. Some further research using old Arena maps placed the village further north anyway, so here it is.

* Two of the NPCs can be married and will optionally share their homes with you.
* All added houses are radiant quest enabled, so you may get Companions missions and anything else that's properly configured to use NPC homes for quests.

Download Locations

AFK Mods
Bethesda.net - PC + XB1

Installation Requirements

Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130 or greater.
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 4.3.0 or greater.

DO NOT extract the contents of the BSA file into your Data folder as loose files, or let your mod manager perform an equivalent function on the contents of the file. Doing so will cause things to load in the wrong order and break the game. Skyrim is intended to load a BSA alongside it's ESM/ESP file. Circumventing this causes issues which I will not provide support for. If you insist on going against this advice, you will receive no support for the problems you generate as a result of this.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Helarchen Creek.esp, Helarchen Creek.bsa, and Helarchen Creek - Textures.bsa files into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Due to the nature of Skyrim mods, especially those adding scripts, it is strongly discouraged to attempt uninstalling a mod from your active game. Any mod that is more than pure mesh or texture replacements has the possibility to leave behind permanent changes to your save that you may not want. This is not something modders can correct for. It is how the game was designed by Bethesda. No support will be provided for anyone who uninstalls this mod from an active game and continues on with that save.

To remove the mod: Delete the Helarchen Creek.esp, Helarchen Creek.bsa, and Helarchen Creek - Textures.bsa from your Data folder. Then reload your game as usual.

Load Order

LOOT should be used for optimal placement.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

Your name in the mod description please! If it wasn't for me checking this forum I would have never found it via searching on console. Or pick a crazy word insert it in your mod descriptions and tell us to search by it. Thanks for yet again another great lore friendly mod.

You can track an author on nexusmods.com. Click on their name on a mod page to go to their profile, then click on "track author." You will get a notification on the site whenever they upload something. You can then go look for it on Bethesda.net.

Sure but it's easier if he just sticks his name in the description and not all console players know or have the smarts to get on computers and use another 3rd party site to hunt down an authors mods. They just use the Bethesda search feature. It is not an unreasonable request. I have seen plenty of console mods tell people to search a keyword to find all their other mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Arthmoor, I downloaded this as soon as it was out and its been in my core load order ever since. Just wondering, I have been to the two several times during test runs of other mods. No one in the town has any real dialog options other than the woman in the store. I can ask her what she has for sale and that's it. All other NPCs just respond with one of a few standard vanilla responses if I try to talk to them. I know you mentioned one or two are marriageable. I haven't tried that yet nor have I done the quest requirements to be able to yet. Just wondering if the limited dialog I have experienced should be expected. For example, the man running the Smith doesn't give any options to buy anything etc...

• 2 weeks later...

Version 2.0.1

Fixed faction settings for the blacksmith so his shop would be functional.

Version 2.0.1Fixed faction settings for the blacksmith so his shop would be functional.

The update deleted my file within the mods menu. Went to redownload and gave error.

Then looked in file location and only a .bsa file - now, manually deleted

Hope it helps

On what platform, and downloaded from where?

PC - Bethesda.net in-game mod downloader.

To fix this, I deleted the .bsa file left over - and then it downloaded.

Version 2.0.1

Fixed faction settings for the blacksmith so his shop would be functional.

Nice update!! Thanks, esp given the holidays around the corner. So was my experience expected then? I mean was it just that you were planning on adding more dialog/functionality to the NPCs?

• 1 year later...

Version 2.0.3

Added a smelter at the blacksmith and extended his AI radius so he'll use it on occasion.

• 6 months later...
On 4/14/2018 at 11:23 PM, Arthmoor said:

Version 2.0.3

Added a smelter at the blacksmith and extended his AI radius so he'll use it on occasion.

That's great.  Thanks for adding a smelter there. :dancing:

1 hour ago, Arthmoor said:

Version 2.0.4

Navmesh cleaning with new versions of xEdit.

Thanks for the update mate. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Version 2.0.7

Shopkeeper investment dialogue is not checking the proper gold amount. This is a fix being applied which is detailed in USSEP Bug #29335.
USSEP 4.2.3 or greater is now a requirement for this mod.

• 1 year later...

Version 2.0.8

Added the investor perks for the shops to the formlist used by USSEP to clean up perk resets when reading Black Book: Waking Dreams.

• 9 months later...