Unselectable object in CK?

Prometheus

Grabbing objects in the CK relies on the objects collision. In this case, it has a circle on the bottom of the mesh only, so that's where it would be able to be grabbed from, underneath the mesh.

Grabbing objects in the CK relies on the objects collision. In this case, it has a circle on the bottom of the mesh only, so that's where it would be able to be grabbed from, underneath the mesh.

Not exactly.

Objects can be selectable in CK if there is at least one BSFadeNode node in nif file even if doesn't have any collision object.

The problem I usually have is that everything is surrounded by mist effects, and I can't avoid grabbing them instead.

Select the mist and press 1 twice. This hides the mist effects.

To show again the hidden objects press alt-1

• 1 month later...

The biggest issue is not that meshes are difficult (though outdoor objects are miserably difficult now in SSE due to tree bound being all over the place) but that objects with directional material (shaders) attached can't be selected once dragged into the CK.  Cave pieces with snow, rocks with ice, etc.  There is no way to select in the CK once dragged into the CK.  I posted this over at Beth.net, but so far no word as to when this may be fixed.  This is a mod breaker IMO if you are building just about anything.

Now I have been able to take the nif's non directional material version, then add ice, etc., to it and it works.  But if the piece come with it, then out of luck.

If anyone has any update on this issue, I'd appreciate knowing.