Mod Home not showing up in game hints?

Badwolflabs

Hm, well, sorry to say there's so much wrong here I don't know where to start...

* First off, you do not need your mod to have all the DLC's as masters, unless you plan to use assets from them.

* You haven't put your meshes and textures in proper folder structure, therefore they are not created as proper statics in the CK and they will never show up.

* You built your home in WhiterunWorld, you'll never see it. WhiterunWorld is only for the city of Whiterun, inside the walls. Everything outside the walls, where you placed your home, is not playable area and just for LOD purposes. You need to build in Tamriel, like you did the landscape edits.

I highly suggest you start with and go through the Creation Kit wiki tutorial to get the basics of using the CK and how to plan your mod.

Hm, well, sorry to say there's so much wrong here I don't know where to start...

* First off, you do not need your mod to have all the DLC's as masters, unless you plan to use assets from them.

* You haven't put your meshes and textures in proper folder structure, therefore they are not created as proper statics in the CK and they will never show up.

* You built your home in WhiterunWorld, you'll never see it. WhiterunWorld is only for the city of Whiterun, inside the walls. Everything outside the walls, where you placed your home, is not playable area and just for LOD purposes. You need to build in Tamriel, like you did the landscape edits.

okay so i buggered my restart

1 i will be using assets from all the DLCS (crafting stations to begin with) which is why that bit

2 correct setup is nifs in meshes and dds files in textures right??

3 [voice type=HomerSimpson] DOH! [/voice]

Looked at the tutorials at this point i need somebody that can prevent MEGO moments so i don't miss things like wrong worldspace issues

Looked at the tutorials at this point i need somebody that can prevent MEGO moments so i don't miss things like wrong worldspace issues

Hana is a well known and an experienced modder, a veteran modder in my book that's for sure, and I would definitely listen to her advice about not to build a home in the WhiterunWorld (having built a home inside the city walls is probably incompatible with Open Cities Skyrim) then trust her, but also trust her when she tells you that the meshes and textures doesn't have the required folder structure and you don't need all DLC as masters. 

You can always extend your mod later based on the feedback you get from other people e.g beta testing, bug reports, comments/suggestions etc.

Also, read my post here about what I said to another member on GHF what anyone need to do when it comes to modding.  Here I said basically the same thing, although a little shorter than I did on GHF.

Hana is a well known and an experienced modder, a veteran modder in my book that's for sure, and I would definitely listen to her advice about not to build a home in the WhiterunWorld (having built a home inside the city walls is probably incompatible with Open Cities Skyrim) then trust her, but also trust her when she tells you that the meshes and textures doesn't have the required folder structure and you don't need all DLC as masters. 

My Mod is actually behind Whiterun (in the 3,1 area) so that was a total brain fade. I need somebody to A remind me when i have missed something in a tutorial B tell me When you read %tutorial% slow down at this point.  I did kind of do a rip up on the assets (they actually are in the correct folders i grabbed them out to not include a couple hundred megs of other assets). Any suggested things to look at for a night/heat vision only visible glph on a tile??