Promises to keep, NPC missing

grimmwhiskey

I hope they do it soon. It's practically unplayable. Honestly, I have no idea how a remaster could produce a bug that didn't exist in the original.

I don't think any of us know that either, especially one that doesn't show up on PC which makes it that much harder to help them validate during patch betas.

I don't think any of us know that either, especially one that doesn't show up on PC which makes it that much harder to help them validate during patch betas.

Yeah i've tried to reproduce the NPC disappearing bug on my PC... i just can't... i've tried my best to get any NPC to disappear, by doing the weirdest shit ever. but nothing, nada, noppes.

Yeah i've tried to reproduce the NPC disappearing bug on my PC... i just can't... i've tried my best to get any NPC to disappear, by doing the weirdest shit ever. but nothing, nada, noppes.

It was mentioned more as a console issue, and Bethesda released an official patch for it. It was previously in beta testing on PC

I hope they do it soon. It's practically unplayable. Honestly, I have no idea how a remaster could produce a bug that didn't exist in the original.

Let me tell you one thing.  Skyrim SE is at least playable, if you're not doing quests, and if you compare SSE with the release of Rome 2 TW then you can imagine what reactions people had in Sep-2013.

Rome 2 TW was a complete disaster, people who had high-end computers couldn't play the game at all and it took Creatvie Assembly (CA) more than 20 patches before the game become playable for most people, but I think there are still bugs to fix in the official modding tool (I don't remember what it's called).

Bethesda claims that they fixed it (and other missing NPC issues) in the 1.1 official patch. As far as I know, none of us on the patch project team have been able to verify that it was fixed since we haven't encountered it or received a save file from someone with the issue. It's entirely possible the fix doesn't work on an existing save which is something else I don't think any of us know for certain at the moment.

My guess is that if you start a new game with Patch 1.1 or later it won't be an issue anymore. Anything prior to that and it's likely to either take a very long time to work itself out, or the damage is done.