[Skyrim Special Edition] Official Patch 1.6.1170

Arthmoor

SKSE64 has been updated to 2.0.11 and this time around it doesn't have all the extra .pex, although you have to remove the old extras by hand. Easy enough by date. There's one more to remove/replace in Data/Scripts/Source, Light.psc, that didn't actually have any changes in it other than a comment line (so it doesn't hurt anything). You should have a copy of the original in Data/Source/Scripts.

8 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

SKSE64 has been updated to 2.0.11

Nope.  I just checked that and SKSE64 are still 2.0.10.

10 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

SKSE64 has been updated to 2.0.11 and this time around it doesn't have all the extra .pex, although you have to remove the old extras by hand. Easy enough by date. There's one more to remove/replace in Data/Scripts/Source, Light.psc, that didn't actually have any changes in it other than a comment line (so it doesn't hurt anything). You should have a copy of the original in Data/Source/Scripts.

It has all of the files I'd expect it to have on my end. Not sure what you downloaded.

F4SE on the other hand did not update any of the included .psc or .pex files and I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the case.

4 hours ago, hlp said:

Refresh the web page. :)

My bad, why didn't I thought of that. :blush:

Anyway, time to update SSE then install it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 2:19 PM, Arthmoor said:

It has all of the files I'd expect it to have on my end. Not sure what you downloaded.

The .9 had extra files, with no changes to the source other than adding a SKSE comment line. The later ones removed those non-changed scripts, but you have to revert one-by-one by hand (from your Source/Scripts folder to Scripts/Source). Anyway, LOOT just told me we are up to .12 now (apparently released on the 10th).

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, lmstearn said:

SKSE has been busy as well!

What are you talking about? :unsure:

I just checked and SKSE64 is still 2.0.12, so I don't understand what you mean.

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

What are you talking about? :unsure:

I just checked and SKSE64 is still 2.0.12, so I don't understand what you mean.

From there:

Note: The update on this machine may have updated an older version of SE and CK than the most recent.

It's been a while. :)

• 1 month later...

Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.5.73

No official changelog was provided.

Support for new CC content was added.
Thieves Guild Hood will no longer disappear if player is a vampire (second variant fixed now).
Vegetable Soup and Venison Stew now properly restore health (FoodRestoreHealthDuration fixed).
Transparency issues with the Blue Palace entry way and door have been fixed.

SSE CK Update 1.5.73

It includes a few back end tweaks, particularly to script support.

There is one new feature. The Skyrim CK now supports quick-swapping, similar to the FO4 CK.

In other words - be careful when updating your vanilla scripts in case you've made edits of your own. You'll need to reapply them to the new ones.

• 2 months later...

I don't know when it rolled out, but we are now on 1.5.80.0.8.

No changelog AFAIK and, as expected, SKSE64 needs an upgrade once more.

Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.5.80

A shader bug that involved specular lighting on skin not displaying properly when the player wasn't facing north has been fixed.

@Nico coiN The update dropped sometime this morning.

Something new: 1.5.80 sometimes affects carriage horses somehow. Places (canyons?) where something takes over the horse's actions to make it run. If already running, then turns around to run back the way it came....

Boy oh boy was that tricky to debug. Fortunately, I already have a pathing technique to slow down the carriage, originally for towns, and am adding path markers around the problems.

Is there some newish CC that involves horses?

@DayDreamer : No new CC content related to horses AFAIK, but the latest "Skyrim - Patch.bsa" archive has new/updated horse animation files in it, and an "imperial saddle" mesh.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, Nico coiN said:

@DayDreamer : No new CC content related to horses AFAIK, but the latest "Skyrim - Patch.bsa" archive has new/updated horse animation files in it, and an "imperial saddle" mesh.

Thanks. Knowing nothing about animation, is there somewhere that I could learn about decoding and understanding the changes?

Also, the unexpected behavior is to run off the road, leaving the preferred navmesh, dodging behind a signpost, and eventually stopping in any place where the navmesh has a dark blue cover edge "hiding place". (I've tested/watched this many dozens of times now.) This seems more like a prey/predator behaviour. Is that in the animation? Or is there somewhere else I need to understand, too?

@DayDreamer : I don't really know, but I wouldn't be surprised if all the animations and AI related to horses was updated for an upcoming CC content still to be announced. Something like new mounts (other than actual 'regular' horses) that would share the same assets, and/or that would be able to hide/move for advanced features (attack, ambush ?)...

18 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Wild Horses

That's from last year, and I've never seen this new behavior until now (running without any CC). I'd started a runthough on Nov 11, and have tested many/most of the carriage routes along the way, often several times at different levels. (I'm now at Level 28 after a couple of hundred hours, but strict role playing goes slowly.)

Still, hopefully related somehow. Does anybody know who at Bethesda might be able to help?

Right now I am downloading an update on Steam and I think this time it's an official update for SSE.

I've already installed the latest SKSE64 and launched SSE, so it cannot be new CC stuff instead it seems to be something else.  I dunno what though.

Note, I couldn't follow the downloading process via the downloads on Steam.

Leo, that's last week's SSE update you're getting. So yes, uh, it was an official update. There are no other kinds :P

On 6/20/2019 at 6:48 AM, DayDreamer said:

That's from last year, and I've never seen this new behavior until now (running without any CC). I'd started a runthough on Nov 11, and have tested many/most of the carriage routes along the way, often several times at different levels. (I'm now at Level 28 after a couple of hundred hours, but strict role playing goes slowly.)

Still, hopefully related somehow. Does anybody know who at Bethesda might be able to help?

Maybe so, but that was the last update of any sort that had anything to do with horses in SSE.

My guess is I'd simply never hit the circumstances for the new "wild" horse behaviors, as they didn't kick in until the wilderness spawn increased with my level.

After futzing with several methods of fudging things, none of which were foolproof, I've settled on making the horse Foolhardy. (Vanilla is Cautious.) That seems to work most of the time, even with a leveled Forsworn standing near the road in my tests.

It's always been a problem that even a skeever standing directly in the road can bring the horse to a stop. But that's a long-standing game engine navmesh processing issue, not a new predator/prey issue. Sometimes an occupied tiny navmesh slice will block everything, when there's no path around it. The game engine will often "jump" the NPC over the sticking place to catch up with the player. That cannot happen for the horse, as the player is by definition in the cart behind the horse.

I've decided not to use the Prisoner Faction. That makes just about everything a friend. But the vanilla design seems to deliberately prevent creatures and bandits from attacking the horse and driver, but allow wizards and others. I've even found a place where wizards won't attack the first time you pass, then attack the second time, forcing you to get out and fight. And of course you have to stop and fight dragons. I'm trying to stick as closely as possible to the vanilla design intent.

Thanks for all the advice!

• 4 months later...

Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.5.97

Wolves will now howl properly when idle.
Additional art resources centering around content for Shivering Isles has been included with the base game as modders' resources.