[Skyrim Special Edition] Official Patch 1.6.1170

Arthmoor

just make the ini read only

It's really not a good idea.

EDIT

Apart from that, this method does not work for Fallout 4 for example.

Fallout 4 Launcher can reset INI files that are as read only.

Wait, I thought this all "load order bug" comes down to one thing - "user made ESM files load before the official DLC", but now I realize this also affect DLC files themselves and they load in wrong order. Does this affect USSEP for example or all bug fixes still intact? Does affect anything at all or it's fine to play that way? Cause now I start thinking it might be a good idea to wait for a couple months before starting a new game for a long run..

[snip] but now I realize this also affect DLC files themselves and they load in wrong order. [snip]

Changing the DLC timestamps fixes the issue, as seen when hex-editing a save to check the plugins order.

Timestamps have no relevance to the game. Fixing those only gets the CK back in shape.

The game's load order needs to be set using your mod manager or LOOT and then you need to NEVER touch the in-game mods menu for any reason. As soon as you do, everything will get scrambled.

You can do in custom anything you can do in all the others ini, 

Wait... I always assumed it was only working for "regular" (Skyrim.ini) but Not *Prefs (SkyrimPrefs.ini) ? Long-time mistake on my part, or you just posted too quickly ?

Wait... I always assumed it was only working for "regular" (Skyrim.ini) but Not *Prefs (SkyrimPrefs.ini) ? Long-time mistake on my part, or you just posted too quickly ?

hlp is wrong In this case.

Overwrite settings added in SkyrimCustom.ini which originate from SkyrimPrefs.ini

A simple test:

In SkyrimPrefs.ini

[Display]
bFull Screen=0
bBorderless=1
iSize H=900
iSize W=1600

In SkyrimCustom.ini

[Display]
bFull Screen=1
bBorderless=0
iSize H=720
iSize W=1280

And the game starts in borderless window mode in 1600x900.

Skyrim Special Edition 1.1 Update (All Platforms Unless Otherwise Noted) 

Fixes 

• General performance and optimization improvements 
  • Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations 
  • Fixed an issue with interface elements not appearing correctly on certain
  • displays (Xbox One and PS4) 
  • Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active 
  • Updated some sound files to not use compression

<Shudders> Tentatively allows the update to begin  :whistle:

Enjoy the reduced performance and broken CK until they decide to get around to fixing those.

The CK also got an update (at least it reverted the INIs and re-unpacked Scripts.rar, so there should be one). Old bugs are still here from what I experienced though (particles...). Didn't test the render window yet.

Enjoy the reduced performance and broken CK until they decide to get around to fixing those.

Reset my INI's in the launcher options, it did a redetect and setup again at Ultra .. Continued Game - Its as smooth as butter as usual.

I dont know if there were any refinements to the ini setups after doing this reset of settings, but its always best to after an official patch for those undocumented "General Performance and Optimization improvements"

<Bethesda> "Oops guys, fubar, we better tweak those ini settings and estimated memory budgets" - I think they are embarrassing mistakes, thats why they are never documented, original Skyrim had a few tweaks to its INI's throughout the official patch period.

My trepidation about updating was because I had seen the performance problems mentioned for people who did beta testing of the update .. Pleasantly surprised to see thats not the case in my setup for the release. ( I did not participate in the beta ), although I dont know if there would have been a less than excellent performance if I did not do the reset of INI's .. And there is always the possibility it could still hit me .. Fingers crossed and hope it does not.

I really do like this Special Edition, its been awesome so far

No problems with the render window for me after updating the CK (1.1.51).

NQOph8Sl.png

Potential hotfix from the new version:

Remember what Alternity and myself mentioned about sometimes LOD starting to force themselves to show atop of the loaded cells ?

Well, not completely gone, however, unlike in the previous version, when it completely borked the game until you exited and restarted, it managed to fix itself quickly after a few seconds. Not sure if that's related, but this is the very first time it fixed itself, in about 6 or 7 occurences with the previous version where I had to systematically restart.

Other than that, no noticeable performances issues to complain about from my side with this new update. Just as Alt, I'm really enjoying SSE. Finally decided to install a few mods for my actual playthrough (USSEP and my own implementation of Auto Unequip Ammo, 1 medium texture pack, and the 2 UI hotfixes for dialogue and messageboxes, plus the thing to keep getting achievements), and it's really enjoyable.

I havent  had the LOD issue since the update.

As for performance I played for a few hours after updating then fell asleep leaving it running, so the game was running for about 10 hours. I woke up 3 hours ago and continued on running around everywhere .. Still not even a hint of micro stutter after 13 hours

So the 1.1 update, for consoles in particular, finally fix the black screen in the SSE-CK.  The loadorder bug still exist or am I mistaken.

Is a person able to avoid the load order bug with a mod manager and or loot?

EDIT:

For instance, can a mod packaged with an esm be used properly if you are using WB or NMM?

Load order bug still exists.

Yes, if you're on PC you can avoid it by using a mod manager along with LOOT. Just stay out of the in-game mods menu entirely.

Load order bug still exists.

Yes, if you're on PC you can avoid it by using a mod manager along with LOOT. Just stay out of the in-game mods menu entirely.

Damn, apparently I need to wait for another update, whenever that's gonna to be released.

I just can't focus when working on another update for my mod when the loadorder bug still exist since I need test in-game the new map markers I've added.

This one has just lost inspiration to mod due to the bugs that both existed and still exist in SSE.

Is a person able to avoid the load order bug with a mod manager and or loot?

EDIT:

For instance, can a mod packaged with an esm be used properly if you are using WB or NMM?

You can also use traditional manual installation of mods, and edit plugins.txt

C: \ Users \ Username \ Appdata \ Local \ Skyrim Special Edition \ plugins.txt

Add the plugin name to the list in the desired load order, with a star symbol in front of it * to make the plugin active

.. And avoid clicking the in game Mods and Addons options which f things up currently.

I think thats correct anyway, its worked for me so far ( but then I only have USSEP installed and nothing else to juggle in the load order )

Skyrim Special Edition 1.2.36

Fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • Fixed issue related to using alt-tab while playing the game (PC)
  • Fixed issue with water flow not rendering properly
  • Fixed crash related to changing from werewolf back to human form
  • Fixed crash related to reloading after changing Load Order of mods
  • General bug fixing and improvements with browsing Mods

SKSE team reports the compiler optimizations are in place. So that's good. I checked, no more stuttering for me.

Bad news: Load order bug is STILL present so no esm flag for USSEP yet.

Some on reddit are claiming triple fps increases in Riften with this latest beta.

Here

EDIT:

I just did some testing for myself, and didn't see these increases. I gained at most 5 fps in the various places checked. One thing I did notice was that fps above 60 don't seem to make the physics freak out anymore. Perhaps my GTX 960 is the bottleneck on my system and people seeing gains are cpu bound

I don't know about triple, but it sure as hell eliminated the problem I was having with the previous patch. Those compiler optimizations the SKSE team talked about before got done and damn do they make a difference.

SKSE team reports the compiler optimizations are in place. So that's good. I checked, no more stuttering for me.

Fairly good optimization, the size of the executable file decreased drastically in 1.2.36

5jNCs3A.png

EDIT

Patch 1.2.36 adds a new setting to SkyrimPrefs.ini in [Display] section.

iNumSplits=2

Skyrim.ini

[Bethesda.net]
bEnablePlatform=0

[General]
sTestFile1=Skyrim.esm
sTestFile2=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile3=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile4=Dragonborn.esm

Do not use Bethesda Net, do not use ADD-ONS and MODS in the main menu and load order bug does not occur.

Im just curious .. Was the order of the dlc's in the default SSE Skyrim.ini ever in the 'wrong order'

For example did it used to be ..

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sTestFile1=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile2=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm

I wonder because I did a reset of my ini's after the first official update to SSE and it now reads ..

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sTestFile1=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile2=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm

I have not done any manual editing of the file to make that the case, and prior to the first update and me resetting the ini's via the game Launcher, I had not checked what the state of the vanilla first release ini was

( I have never since SSE was launched touched either of the in-game Mods and Addons menus either, not even clicked to look inside out of curiosity - I kind of had a feeling messing with Bethesda's idea of managing mods would prove to be flawed in the early stages so just avoided clicking them )

I'm not sure, but I think it was this at least in SSE and as for the classic Skyrim I dunno.

[General]
sLanguage=ENGLISH
sTestFile1=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile2=Dragonborn.esm
sTestFile3=Dawnguard.esm