[Skyrim Special Edition] Official Patch 1.6.1170

Arthmoor

Do we know how to get something promoted to CC?

Touring Carriages is based upon vanilla content. All the voicing and dialogue is original. But only the main cities and settlements have destination numbers assigned, in original plus HF. There's no support for the embassy carriage in the original game (although that would be relatively easy to do, I've never bothered as you only ride it once). They didn't assign destinations (or record voicing) in HF for the houses themselves, although they created carriage locations. Also it doesn't quite work on VR, so we'd need something there, too. Seems like the kind of thing that would be better with a modicum of official support.

Likewise, CRF. It's based on extrapolations of vanilla content. Many of us contributed a little bit, and finished what was there already. A perfect candidate for CC.

CC explicitly disallows any mod that already exists to be imported into the system. Someone would have to apply and then pitch them the idea to reimplement it. Something I strongly suspect would not go over well with the fans, although I suppose you never know given the success of Survival.

On 9/5/2018 at 7:52 PM, Arthmoor said:

No, I don't think they see modding as a cash grab. That's a terribly cynical attitude to take for a company that has gone so far out of its way to make modding easy for us to do in the first place. They did not need to do this and certainly could have gone the EA way and DLC'd us to death over the years but they didn't.

Paid mods were precisely what they said they were before Gabe unilaterally pulled the plug on that. A way to reward modders for their efforts. Which the supposed community quickly revealed is worth NOTHING to them other than freebies for life. If there is a rift at all now, it's not BGS who caused it. It was the modding community.

And for the record, no, "the rest of us" don't hate it. That's only a tiny minority who hate it and they can't even articulate WHY they hate it. Which should tell you something.

I feel this will lead to a confrontation which I do not want. It's also apparent that I'm in a lions den which contains a large pride, with the dominate male ready to attack the unwelcome. So I'll use a more diplomatic approach.

You mention this person named Gabe like I'm supposed to know who that is.

Cynical? Indeed I am, but that doesn't mean I am irrational with my thoughts. Gaming for 30 years, most of that spent buying games from companies known to give 0 fucks about their fanbase. And all the ones that were worth their salt, either split up from their parent company, or are simply no more. Either way they all follow the same patterns, and I'm sorry to say Zenimax/BGS is not infallible and not excluded from this. Indeed they have made modding easy for us, and that is what worries me more and more as each game comes out, as they make more and more changes to modding.

CC: Bad idea, period. I'm not gonna offer an tiring monologue about this. I think it's great that is doesn't encroach on modding as a whole. For now..

Your last statement: Obviously neither of us can speak for the millions of players that are fans of the games. Anger, frustration, bewilderment, total let down, does indeed rob you the ability to explain your feelings in a way where it sounds justified, or rather in a way where the opposition can't fry them on a forum.

What baffles me is the 180 turn you took. At one point you were very vocal against the company, especially during the paid mods steam "incident". I'm sure your own reasons for thinking differently is justified in your own right, but don't go on nailing people for feeling let down by the company.

Gabe is Gabe Newell, CEO of Valve.

No, the CC is not a bad idea. There is nothing to justify concluding that. All initiatives can benefit from improvements, but just because that's the case that doesn't make them inherently bad.

Not sure what your statement about being fried on a forum is supposed to mean, but given the fact that there are indeed millions of fans out there buying the stuff and not screeching in protest at doing so, I think it's reasonable to assume that no, most people don't hate the CC as you asserted.

I haven't taken a 180. Not sure where you concluded that from given that I directly participated in the paid mods system of 2015 and benefited directly from having done so. My sole point of anger about that is directed at Gabe Newell for having pulled the plug on the whole thing without consulting Bethesda or even his own project team about it. Just yanked it and left everyone baffled as to what was going on until hours later when PR scrambled into damage control mode to make Valve look like the good guys.

In any case, trying to paint Bethesda as being just another EA is totally unjustified. There's no evidence to support that.

• 2 weeks later...

Erk... New wild update tonight. Game was updated to v1.5.53.0 without warning.

Yep, I got that too.  Although, I wonder what this update is about, but I guess that Bethesda wanted to update the available content in the CC as it turns out to be in the last update.

I just downloaded the latest SKSE64, so everything should be okay to play.  Thanks to the SKSE64 team.

The update is probably just support for a few new CC mods again. Wild Horses perhaps, and maybe even the Gray Cowl. The Gray Cowl will interest me.

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

I just downloaded the latest SKSE64, so everything should be okay to play.  Thanks to the SKSE64 team.

Wow, SKSE update at the speed of light ! Good job !

Silverlock don't have a newer SKSE64 than 2.00.08 on their website front page.  Is the one for 1.5.53.x the 2.00.09 in the archives?  Looks a bit fishy as it has the same timestamp as the 2.00.08...

Edit:  Silverlock's website updated and indeed the 2.00.09 is good to go.

Edited by croc123
new information...

Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.5.53

No official changelog was provided.

Unofficially we know it added needed support for new Creation Club DLCs.

Yep, pretty much. If they don't provide a log it's adding support of some sort for CC stuff. Probably additional scripts.

The 'Skyrim - Patch.bsa' archive contains new assets for horse animations and saddles.

On 10/3/2018 at 10:28 PM, croc123 said:

However, this time around they have 85 .pex files, but only 61 .psc files. Very fast update, but a bit of a packaging problem.

On 10/5/2018 at 6:15 PM, DayDreamer said:

However, this time around they have 85 .pex files, but only 61 .psc files. Very fast update, but a bit of a packaging problem.

Curious about this as well. Is it new stuff to play with? or is it packaging error?

Easiest way to find out is to report the finding to the team and see what they say about it.

Tried the team email, and got a reply from Ian Patterson:

It looks like the build script I usually use only outputs .pex files for scripts we've modified, but the newer script that does a multithreaded build also includes .pex dependencies. They should be identical to Bethesda's other than the metadata. I'll modify the new script so it doesn't generate the extra files, but it shouldn't be causing problems.

22 hours ago, DayDreamer said:

Tried the team email, and got a reply from Ian Patterson:

Thanks DayDreamer - I'm going to copy paste that info to the Nexus thread here

Edited by Jebbalon
linked to post

On 10/4/2018 at 4:28 AM, croc123 said:

Correction.  I just downloaded SKSE64 2.0.10 for SSE 1.5.53.

• 1 month later...

Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.5.62

Support for new CC content was added.
Thieves Guild Hood will no longer disappear if player is a vampire.
Fixed specular with "Mourner's Hat" and "Hat" on male Argonians.
Fixed skinning and restored bridles on Imperial Saddle.

4 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.5.62

Support for new CC content was added.
Thieves Guild Hood will no longer disappear if player is a vampire.
Fixed specular with "Mourner's Hat" and "Hat" on male Argonians.
Fixed skinning and restored bridles on Imperial Saddle.

Sounds mighty trivial. Even more so than usual. When is the last time an official changelog was provided?

Trivial or not, it's something. An official changelog would be nice though. I plucked the details here from a Reddit post but I don't know where they got it.