[Skyrim Special Edition] Official Patch 1.6.1170

Arthmoor

The game's load order needs to be set using your mod manager or LOOT and then you need to NEVER touch the in-game mods menu for any reason. As soon as you do, everything will get scrambled.

After latest beta that seems doesn't work for me. In plugins.txt I have listed all official esm's in right order, but game still load dawnguard as 04, hearthfire as 02, and dragonborn is 03 (if looking in console I mean). On 1.1.51 it was working fine and I didnt touch in-game mod menu or addons menu.

@alt3rn1ty
@Leonardo

Here is how it looks in SkyrimSE.exe (Patch 1.2.36)

[General]
sTestFile1=Skyrim.esm
sTestFile2=
sTestFile3=
sTestFile4=
sTestFile5=

Here is how it looks in orginal Skyrim.ini aka Skyrim_Default.ini (Patch 1.2.36)

[General]
sTestFile1=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile2=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm

Here's what I have in my Skyrim.ini (And I do not use ADD-ONS and MODS in game main Menu)

[General]
sTestFile1=Skyrim.esm
sTestFile2=Update.esm
sTestFile3=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile4=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile5=Dragonborn.esm

Here's how save looks with my settings. (Patch 1.2.36)

Eb7gQQVl.png

Yeah, by default Skyrim SE I meant the very first version before any official patches were released

So has it changed since then for Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51, and possibly stayed the same for 1.2.36 ( I dont have 1.2.36 beta )

My point being, if people have not reset their INI's after the very first release of Skyrim SE, and the order of the DLC plugins was wrong at that time, then they still have that order now and need to Reset INI's aswell which does not automatically happen.

Yeah, by default Skyrim SE I meant the very first version before any official patches were released

So has it changed since then for Skyrim Special Edition 1.1.51, and possibly stayed the same for 1.2.36 ( I dont have 1.2.36 beta )

My point being, if people have not reset their INI's after the very first release of Skyrim SE, and the order of the DLC plugins was wrong at that time, then they still have that order now and need to Reset INI's aswell which does not automatically happen.

It was the same as now, I have backed up Skyrim_Default.ini from release day and it's

sTestFile1=Dawnguard.esm
sTestFile2=HearthFires.esm
sTestFile3=Dragonborn.esm
That's why I was surprised when finally realize that this load order bugs affects even official esm's (before that I thought it was only users made esm's thing).

Godz, why do they repeat mistakes.

Sounds like the code optimisation which slowed down Arthmoors ( and other peoples machines too ) was a repeat mistake.

In Original Skyrim when it was first released they never used to use a code optimisation flag when compiling the exe - The reason for that was that for Oblivion ( the previous Elder Scrolls game in the series ) they could not switch it on due to people using that game could still be using older hardware ( Central Processing Unit ) which did not support the code optimisations https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2

Since then, when Skyrim was released that legacy support was not re-considered

But the minimum specifications for Skyrim excluded older CPUs which did not support the instruction set anyway .. So they could safely turn on the optimisations

It was after a few of our more in depth coders looked at that who were doing their own game optimisation patches at the time with a .dll, it was pointed out to Bethesda .. And the next official recompile of the exe had the code optimisation flag set.

The same needs to be done for Skyrim SE, but they obviously forgot for the 1.1.51 update  :facepalm:

Ah well, good to see progress is being made again in the more recent beta instead of backward steps. I reckon this issue would fall under one of those embarrassing "General performance and optimization improvements" they do not like to explain in detail :P

@ Bethesda - When time runs out, and you produce the final official update patch, please remind the guy who sets the compiling in motion to use the optimisation flag.

Still haven't installed the 1.2 beta myself, but just noticed that my frame rate took a really big hit after 1.1 like most others are reporting. I'm constantly getting numbers below 30 in certain areas instead of in the 50-60 range basically everywhere before. Going to assume 1.2 will fix the issue for me like it did for Arthmoor since my PC specifications are very similar.

Can't say it surprises me that Bethesda repeated the same mistake in another game. Very annoying but it sounds like Todd being Todd. :toddtroll:

Bethesda is still insisting the load order is correct with 1.2.36 but I have yet to be able to validate that claim while actually in the game.

Regarding the compiler optimizations, those are back in 1.2.36. So no more need to worry. SKSE team has verified that.

Ok, it looks like they have in fact fixed the load order bug, at least internally. Even with a scrambled plugins.txt file the game is correctly shifting things into their proper places. It's still scrambling the plugins.txt file though which is going to give mod managers fits. Console side they'll never know the difference so it seems like it'll be safe for us to turn the ESM flag back on once this beta is over assuming the act of going live doesn't mess something up again.

Fallout 4 does not scramble the file so I'm still asking to get that addressed so there's no more confusion about this later.

After latest beta that seems doesn't work for me. In plugins.txt I have listed all official esm's in right order, but game still load dawnguard as 04, hearthfire as 02, and dragonborn is 03 (if looking in console I mean). On 1.1.51 it was working fine and I didnt touch in-game mod menu or addons menu.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/5c8xdw/important_solution_how_to_fix_esm_load_order_bug/ this is actually helped. Сhanged timestamps on esm's and now they loads in right order, again..

The timestamps on mine are already in the right order though. That information in the Reddit post is wrong, the game does not use timestamps to determine load order. The CK DOES though, so that fix is valid for the CK.

The timestamps on mine are already in the right order though. That information in the Reddit post is wrong, the game does not use timestamps to determine load order. The CK DOES though, so that fix is valid for the CK.

I've read your previous post about it, that timestamps has no effect on game and only affect CK. As I said - with latest beta my load order was wrong again even tho I have listed official esm's in plugins.txt, I also tried to list only mods in there and in both cases load order was wrong (checked in console and opened save file with txt editor). But after changing timestamps it was fixed, really, no point for me to lie about it. Maybe someone else who doesn't have right timestamps can confirm that load order is fine/not fine now or you can try it yourself if you have time/will.

And a little offtop, seems like my Fallout 4 plugins.txt is also ignored by game and official esm's loads as they want, not the way listed in plugins.txt (Far Harbor, for example, loads as 05, but in plugins.txt it's in 3rd place). Dunno, perhaps is something wrong on my side.

Tried it again, just to be sure myself and effect of changing timestamps is pretty clear. I do not know what else to say.

Right timestamps

ARp5rPG.png

And wrong

mcq8Ec4.png

Plugins.txt is the same for both cases of course and look like that.

*Update.esm
*Dawnguard.esm
*Hearthfires.esm
*Dragonborn.esm
*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
*Cutting Room Floor.esp
*The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
*Run For Your Lives.esp
*When Vampires Attack.esp

Edited by apheX

Well I'm not quite sure what to tell you, but loading up in game, scrambled plugins.txt or not, Serana still has her 02 ID like she should. If the order was actually wrong inside the game she'd have a 04 or 05 ID instead. I tested that with USSEP tagged as a master too, so USSEP stuff should be reporting with 01 but it's reporting 05 as it should be.

Also when I look at a save made during the test, all files associated with the load order are in the correct sequence.

Well I'm not quite sure what to tell you, but loading up in game, scrambled plugins.txt or not, Serana still has her 02 ID like she should. If the order was actually wrong inside the game she'd have a 04 or 05 ID instead. I tested that with USSEP tagged as a master too, so USSEP stuff should be reporting with 01 but it's reporting 05 as it should be.

Also when I look at a save made during the test, all files associated with the load order are in the correct sequence.

Thing is - your timestamps is also in right order, as you said. So, I see no reason why load order should be wrong. They could fix that "users made esm's bug", but official esm's might still be loading in wrong order (regardless of plugins.txt) if timestamps are wrong aswell. At least that's how I see it. And that's why I asked you/other users to check that. 

I see, you didn't exactly make that clear, but yes, the official DLCs do load wrong if the timestamps are not correct. Certainly that's not good for the game but at least USSEP will load according to where it is in the list, despite its timestamp being later than Falskaar's.

I see, you didn't exactly make that clear, but yes, the official DLCs do load wrong if the timestamps are not correct. Certainly that's not good for the game but at least USSEP will load according to where it is in the list, despite its timestamp being later than Falskaar's.

I tried my best, but with limited knowledge of english (and with a help of google translate) it's not that easy.  :P Anyway, glad you understand me. And yea, this is not good, I doubt that timestamps for many users are in right order.

Oh, and I would like to ask again, cause I didn't get any answers last time. How bad is it if DLC's loads in wrong order? Could this lead to broken quest\missing stuff? And how it affects USSEP for example? Does all fixes be still intact or it will be all messed up?

I tried my best, but with limited knowledge of english (and with a help of google translate) it's not that easy.  :P Anyway, glad you understand me. And yea, this is not good, I doubt that timestamps for many users are in right order.

Oh, and I would like to ask again, cause I didn't get any answers last time. How bad is it if DLC's loads in wrong order? Could this lead to broken quest\missing stuff? And how it affects USSEP for example? Does all fixes be still intact or it will be all messed up?

The primary thing it affects is that mods may end up editing the wrong data. It's kind of a nebulous thing that some people say can't happen, others say can, but neither side can prove one way or the other.

What is true though is that changes each DLC intends to make in the order they made them would get messed up and that can lead to problems like CTDs and unexpected outcomes from all kinds of things.

About this latest update (1.2.39), is it me or they changed a few things in the interface's behavior ? Two things I noticed yesterday night that I'm 99% sure didn't behave this way previously:

Lockpicking menu: Can't use W anymore to rotate the lock, now you can only use A or D. Or my finger memory completely fail me ?

Container menu: When moving the mouse around, the object's preview rotate, even if you never selected it, if you picked at least one item in the container. Edit: This issue can sometime appear after alt-tabbing. Might be related to the v1.2 since they changed some things about it in it.

Skyrim Special Edition 1.3.5.0 Update

Fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • Fixed an issue where Slow Time effects weren't behaving properly
  • Better support for 144hz displays

Skyrim Special Edition 1.3.5.0 Update

Fixes

• Fixed an issue where Slow Time effects weren't behaving properly

YES! I usually don't get beta when they're from Beth (I mean, not what they label as beta. I still play what they consider release), but I'm probably going to make an exception. IIRC USSEP had some workaround for an issue with slow time... not ending soon enough was it ? Going to need to review this.

I also an update for the Beth launcher one or two hours ago, which most likely mean an update of the CK ? Hopefully they fixed *some* of the broken things...

The issue we worked around was still present in SSE. Whatever they borked in the previous patch version had nothing to do with that. So our fix should still be viable now since whatever they did was purely an exe fix.

Ehm, I just checked in game reads 1.3.5.0.8

And steam has stealthily updated Update / Dawnguard / Hearthfire / Dragonborn in my case http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4637-relzwipz-unofficial-skyrim-special-edition-patch/page-4#entry164849

Arthmoor was this a beta and not a full release in post #69

( I wonder because I opted in for the previous beta .. But I did not opt in to anymore since - Unless that is bugged and remains sticky opt in )

Edit : I think they may have fixed the buggy graphics when fast travelling to Whiterun, I was following someone elses post on Beth net and trying to make a repro to back up his claim with more screenshots of the same .. And I couldnt.

Ehm, I just checked in game reads 1.3.5.0.8

And steam has stealthily updated Update / Dawnguard / Hearthfire / Dragonborn in my case http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4637-relzwipz-unofficial-skyrim-special-edition-patch/page-4#entry164849

Arthmoor was this a beta and not a full release in post #69

( I wonder because I opted in for the previous beta .. But I did not opt in to anymore since - Unless that is bugged and remains sticky opt in )

Confirmed, I also see 1.3.5.0.8 and yes, the recent update still have a beta status in Steam.  Another thing I notice was that when clicking on the Addons option, the game now load the DLC in the correct order.

Dawnguard

Heartfires

Dragonborn

So I think Bethesda finally solved the loadorder bug, but I haven't checked that yet in WB though.

Can anyone still on 1.2 confirm this issue does NOT happen for them?  http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4144-skyrim-engine-bugs/?p=164917

And can others on 1.3 confirm the issue DOES happen for them?  I feel like I would have noticed this if it were present in 1.2, but it's possible the bug has been there all along.  In either case, someone else noticed it and posted in the 1.3 beta forum:  https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/8675/lod-trees-in-water-reflections

If it bothers you as much as it bothers me, please voice your concerns in that thread. :)

Edit:  Was just informed it was actually a problem in 1.2 as well. 

I just want to add two things to my previous post.

First, I see exactly the same thing as alt3rn1ty about the loading order in WB shown in the picture.  The loadorder are NOT correct and needs to be fixed, otherwise WB serve no purpose to maintain a *bugged* loadorder.

Second, this is new at least it's for me.  When clicking on Load in the in-game menu I notice a " T - Character Creation" option at the bottom of the listed gamesaves.  Did that option also exist in the previous versions, I didn't notice it then?