Fixes

• General stability and performance improvements
  • Support for Featured Mods
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to log in to the Mods menu

• 3 weeks later...

Skyrim Special Edition 1.4.2.0 Update

New Features

• Added Featured category for mods
  • Added ability to sort Highest Rated and Most Favorited filters by today, week, month and all time
  • Added number of ratings count to Mods Browsing Menu
  • Added number of favorites count to Mod Details page
  • Added required dependencies to Mod Details page
  • Added latest version number and notes to Mod Details page

Fixes

• General performance and stability improvements
  • Improvements to Reporting mods categories
  • Fixed occasional crashes while scrolling through Load Order menu
  • Improved Bethesda.net error messaging

Bah. No new bug fixes unless you count "General performance and stability improvements" as one (whatever that means). Was hoping maybe they'd go back and fix some engine bugs like the flora respawning, but that's probably just wishful thinking at this point. :|

19 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

[snip]

Fixes

[snip]

That's the only thing that matters. All other stuff is placebo. But the absence of detail probably means they added this line only for us to think they did something other than fixing this sh---y mods UI. So, placebo too, imo. :peer: I'm VERY disappointed by this so-called update...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nico coiN said:

I'm VERY disappointed by this so-called update...

Yeah, same. It's kind of a shame that so many engine bugs still exist. Trouble is, it's probably the last one too unless some major issue pops up that they can't ignore like this patch breaking something. But we all know that sort of thing never happens. :toddtroll:

Same.

And because this may well be the last chance to push it under their noses .. I am raising issues again which are still extant

No response to this one yet for Fallout4

But this issue with SkyrimSE has been a constant since SSE was released and never solved .. This time around they have asked me for a DXDiag ( sent )

So in the latter case I have been surprised to see it finally getting some attention ( I posted it thinking it would probably get deleted as a reproduced issue which has happened before ), when it has been brought up many times before in collections of issue posts, beta topics which are now buried, and sent directly to Bethesda without any response at all previously.

Wish the major bugs which were brought up before by Sheson and large references being edited by mods causing flicker, and the issue with Fallout 4 and .. combined? .. mesh editing problems could finally get solved.

Confused

Pre-Official beta I was on version 1.4.2.0.8

GStaff made an update post about 6 hours ago saying the Update is now live ..

But - He still has a link in that update post to steam beta community .. Which does not work, my browser just keeps trying to reload also on any bookmarked links I had for beta topic bugs I posted there and those go mental as if the site is trying but failing without any html error given. I can understand if the Beta topics have been closed again, and our bug reports once more are eaten by the bethesda forum void but ..

.. just to add to the confusion, Steam client says the game is still Beta Beta ( nope, thats not a typo, not from me anyway )

The game still thinks it is version 1.4.2.0.8

I think its a similar circumstance for Fallout 4 too.

Knowing Todd and his friends, probably not. :toddtroll:  Seems like a number of topics on their site are refusing to load.

Also, no word on whether they fixed the issue where the game quits saving your login information. Not sure if the thread Arthmoor and I commented on ever got a response either since it also has the continuous reload issue too.

Supposedly all fixed as of now. Can't check while Unreal 4 is running builds though.

On 2017-02-06 at 10:38 PM, alt3rn1ty said:

Confused

Pre-Official beta I was on version 1.4.2.0.8

GStaff made an update post about 6 hours ago saying the Update is now live ..

But - He still has a link in that update post to steam beta community .. Which does not work, my browser just keeps trying to reload also on any bookmarked links I had for beta topic bugs I posted there and those go mental as if the site is trying but failing without any html error given. I can understand if the Beta topics have been closed again, and our bug reports once more are eaten by the bethesda forum void but ..

Yep, I got the same repeated reloading of Bethesda.net.  When I click on that link I get a message saying that you now leave Steam.  Is that correct?

On 2/7/2017 at 3:26 PM, Arthmoor said:

Supposedly all fixed as of now. Can't check while Unreal 4 is running builds though.

Yeah. It's for sure fixed on my end.

On 2/8/2017 at 2:00 AM, Leonardo said:

Yep, I got the same repeated reloading of Bethesda.net.  When I click on that link I get a message saying that you now leave Steam.  Is that correct?

Maybe it has something to do with you accessing it through Steam or their in-game browser. I don't know what's going on but their site is still goofed up with the continuous reload issue for me as well. :stare:

Something else is weird too. The beta tab in Steam for SSE is gone, but the game is still labeled "Skyrim Special Edition [beta]" which must be a glitch of some kind since GStaff said the patch went live. Another strange thing is that Steam never downloaded the live version, so either it's not actually live or nothing changed during beta. :blink:

Maybe the :firerabbit: knows for sure.

47 minutes ago, BlackPete said:

Maybe it has something to do with you accessing it through Steam or their in-game browser.

Now I know what's wrong, because earlier today my ISP had some problems with internet and cable.  But now cable and obviously, internet is working as intended.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got SSE updated on Steam.  Does anyone know what's new?

Although, the beta tag is still there, so I guess the changelog haven't changed.

No idea what the update is. No files showed up as changed when I let it run on my vanilla install.

New VC 2015 redists in _commonredist folder. Silent installation forced when firing the game launcher.

9 hours ago, Nico coiN said:

New VC 2015 redists in _commonredist folder. Silent installation forced when firing the game launcher.

Yep, I see this too.  I would say a software update for SSE.

• 3 weeks later...

There is another update for SSE and I copy this directly from Steam.

Skyrim Special Edition 1.4 Update

NEW FEATURES

• Added Featured category for mods
  • Added ability to sort Highest Rated and Most Favorited filters by today,
  • week, month and all time
  • Added number of ratings count to Mods Browsing Menu
  • Added number of favorites count to Mod Details page
  • Added required dependencies to Mod Details page

FIXES

• Improvements to Reporting mods categories
  • Fixed occasional crashes while scrolling through Load Order menu
  • Improved Bethesda.net error messaging

1 hour ago, Leonardo said:

There is another update for SSE and I copy this directly from Steam.

It is only update for M$ Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (14.0.24215)

Except that nothing new...

I'm curious when and if at all they fix CK (you can always dream about it)

@Leo The fixes you quoted were posted 30 days ago here on BGS new forum.

Though the VC Redist update which did happen today I wouldn't disregard that update so quickly as insignificant .. VC Redist problems I reckon may have been behind the old Dawnguard CTD from C++ Runtime Error R6025

.. But also I just started a new game, and went up to the point where I was in position to do a fast travel from Riften to Whiterun, and see if the consistent glitching graphics still happens :

JoDdCxK.jpg

Seems to me its not happening anymore .. Going to test it out a lot more to be sure, but if I dont get back to correcting this post or anyone else corroborates the claim I think we can assume the VC Redist update was part of the fix at least.

The issue is posted here ( Scroll down a bit to see a few images of what happened )

It also solved a repeating problem for me of VC Redist update always being launched by steam every time I started Skyrim SE

Edit : Effing doodaas, disregard my claim of fixing the graphics glitch, I reproduced it again ..

wDtD1IQ.jpg