[Skyrim Special Edition] Official Patch 1.6.1170

Arthmoor

Well, that remains to be tested don't you think.

I dunno if cdcooley did that. :shrug:

Just installed SKSE64 2.0.7 and test it in-game the bug needs to be fixed.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:29 PM, Arthmoor said:

Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.5.39

New Features

• Support for additional player homes

Bug Fixes

• Minor bug fixes for Bethesda.net
  • Updated script functions for new Creations
  • Wolves have regained the ability to howl

Hi guys,

I have updated to v.1.5.39 and also checked if there is any update to CK or the source vanilla scripts (scripts.zip) but nothing came up via the Bethesda.net launcher.

From what I have seen there are some new scripts around and also edited/updated vanilla (HF) scripts but their source files have not been made available or at least it seems that I cannot download an updated version of scripts.zip.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any assistance!

Just if anyone cares, scripts can be decompiled with Champollion. Here are the decompiled scripts from 1.5.39 update.

• 2 weeks later...

The CK was apparently updated at some point, including new vanilla scripts.

• 4 months later...
On 8/29/2018 at 5:33 PM, Leonardo said:

I just downloaded the SSE patch 1.5.50 and it only had this.

:cry: Haven't had time to play. Was looking at a nice long weekend. But thought I'd catch up on my AFK threads first. Glad I did. No SKSE64. Game won't run. Why oh why would they release an update just before the holiday?

No official changelog has been posted for the 1.5.50 update. At least not one I can easily find. They caught me in transit to our new house and I'm on mobile hotspot until I can get Centurylink out here to hook up proper service. I was able to download the update for this and FO4 but haven't determined anything beyond that.

Or you could just be patient and wait for whoever has the FTP password to get back from PAX West :P

I would say the CC thing at Bethesda.net is what the old paid mods concept intended to be, but failed due to the massive storm against it in spring 2015 IIRC.

Getting an update like that with only CC stuff that makes all SKSE64 mods useless due for not being able to run SKSE64 properly is a slap in the face by Bethesda.  They could at least let us know before the update become available on Steam.

I hope that the SKSE64 team can find a working around this issue, instead of messing around and reverting back to an older update.

Leo, it's not a slap in the face. I wish you guys would stop being so negative toward the whole thing. It makes the community seem like petulant children when people keep doing that. Games update. All the time. The company is not responsible for maintenance of user generated add-ons like SKSE64. Which they don't even legally have to allow to exist btw. Keep that in mind the next time you feel like trotting out the "Bethesda is evil and they suck" arguments.

The folks over BGS, see modding as a massive cash grab, so it was inevitable for the CC thing to come into fruition anyway, even after the first failed attempt. It was basically just coming up with another way to introduce it. Knowing how businesses operate is key to understanding why they do the things they do. No doubt Todd and the rest of the employees hate this as much as the rest of us, but I'm betting it was either push it through, or find another job.

As for updates, indeed they happen, but for TES is hard for some folks to adjust to because until CC came around, there were 0 updates after 1.9. In fact it used to be that they release a game, put out a few patches and then forget all about the games. This has all changed now. We're in it for the long haul.

No, I don't think they see modding as a cash grab. That's a terribly cynical attitude to take for a company that has gone so far out of its way to make modding easy for us to do in the first place. They did not need to do this and certainly could have gone the EA way and DLC'd us to death over the years but they didn't.

Paid mods were precisely what they said they were before Gabe unilaterally pulled the plug on that. A way to reward modders for their efforts. Which the supposed community quickly revealed is worth NOTHING to them other than freebies for life. If there is a rift at all now, it's not BGS who caused it. It was the modding community.

And for the record, no, "the rest of us" don't hate it. That's only a tiny minority who hate it and they can't even articulate WHY they hate it. Which should tell you something.

[ off topic rant ]

14 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Paid mods were precisely what they said they were before Gabe unilaterally pulled the plug on that. A way to reward modders for their efforts.

And the CC is exactly like that, a way to reward modders.  But in a different shape.

However, if it is NOT then why do we need to pay money for credits, in which CC mods will cost within the CC.  My conclusion, is that CC mods are paid mods and nothing else.

14 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

That's only a tiny minority who hate it and they can't even articulate WHY they hate it. Which should tell you something.

I think it's the opposite, the majority hate it at least the people who have been TES fans for years while the younger generation seems to have a different opinion about it.

[ /off topic rant ]

2 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

New version of SKSE64 just got released. :)

Thanks for the good news, Sladen. :bigcookie:

7 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I think it's the opposite, the majority hate it at least the people who have been TES fans for years while the younger generation seems to have a different opinion about it

Not so much hate as having to get used to new stuff. Not an easy get for some of us doddering modders. Perhaps if BGS could have presented it in a different way? Not enough cherry on top is the flavour I got. :P

19 hours ago, Leonardo said:

[ off topic rant ]

And the CC is exactly like that, a way to reward modders.  But in a different shape.

However, if it is NOT then why do we need to pay money for credits, in which CC mods will cost within the CC.  My conclusion, is that CC mods are paid mods and nothing else.

I think it's the opposite, the majority hate it at least the people who have been TES fans for years while the younger generation seems to have a different opinion about it.

[ /off topic rant ]

Thanks for the good news, Sladen. :bigcookie:

Nope. Leo. It's not paid mods. You're quite wrong about that.

And no, it's a tiny minority of people who hate it. Even long time TES fans. I think you're just heavily biased because you happen to be one of the few who hates it. Most folks either like it or are indifferent to it.

I dunno whether I'm a long time TES fan or not. I've known about TES for years, but seeing Skyrim visuals and the excitement of family members was what brought me back. I think I've mentioned this background before:

Played Arena for quite a few hours (took me awhile to get out of the initial dungeon, did it over and over until I figured out the "optimal" path), until I got annoyed after walking outside a city for over a player hour and never arriving anywhere. Although it had good ideas, it got boring -- so I went back to Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, SimCity, and MUDding. As you can see, I'm a builder kinda player.

Played Daggerfall. Especially liked the GURPS-style system (as I'd been playing that for years). You could ride a horse between cities! But that game belonged to my youngest brother, he got bored with it, and traded it with a friend for something else. So never got very far with it.

Never played Morrowind. Played through the initial Oblivion dungeon during a Christmas day, but that game belonged to a nephew, and I never got around to it again. My guess is that you mean TES fan as these latter two, because they developed a modding community. But I wasn't part of it. (When I bought Skyrim, it was a Feb 2012 bundle with Morrowind and Oblivion, so I really ought to try them.)

With that background, and a very long history with open source and shareware, it is my opinion that the Bethesda/Steam paid mods rollout was badly botched. Nothing new, a lot of garbage, no incentive for quality. If you want to be paid, then your work has to be BETTER than Bethesda. Not even just as good (or buggy)....

The curated CC model is better, although I've yet to see anything I'm willing to buy. What I like best: Bethesda is staying involved with the game. That is more important than anything.

However, I also wish they would directly support the modding community. A built-in scripting library hook would have made SKSE64 a lot easier, and updates would be smooth.

I would count you as a long time fan, even if you never finished any of those games. That you played them and apparently enjoyed them for a time is enough.

I'd also classify you as indifferent to the CC based on what you've said about it. Maybe even slightly favorable toward it.

I also agree that their continued involvement is important. It means there's a greater than 0% chance that certain bugs might eventually get fixed if a CC project happens to need it to be done. That beats the absolute 0% chance we had for such things with LE after Patch 1.9.