Kotaku declared Skyrim Special Edition a mess on consoles

NightStar

Kotaku did a piece on SSE on the consoles and they weren't impressed. They played the game both on XB1 and the PS4 and recorded a wide array of glitches. They especially emphasized the flaky animations and collision with images.

In their summary they wrote: "Veteran Skyrim players probably expected some jankiness going in, given that the original game is also infamous for bugs, but even so, these disruptive glitches should be unacceptable in 2016".

The unofficial patch even got a mention as the most used mod on consoles for fixing "Bethesda's blunders" :P

Read the full article here.

"Players aren’t rushing to make Skyrim sexier, or to add wild nonsense mods: They want a game that runs decently."

.. Since 2002

Actually to be fair, PC Skyrim SE runs a hell of a lot better than any that have gone before ..

But yeah, bugs and bethesda  ( dont wear your scroll wheel out, click the sidebar )

I cant say I am surprised console versions are problematic

Yeah, the PC version is definitely much improved, but consoles...

One would think that they would've learnt from the mess PS3 release was in 2011 and done proper testing this time around, especially on consoles.

And despite that, no mention of missing quest NPCs and no mention of orange patches or outlines on things. :P

Kotaku isn't exactly a trust worthy source, not that I'm denying what they are claiming though. I like that they aren't slamming PC gaming for once.

Heh. The article writer even contacted me but I thought it was bogus so I ignored her. Little did I know :P

• Like 2