[Skyrim SE] Bugs Fixed by Bethesda

Arthmoor

It's come up a few times now: "So what did SSE actually fix? Anything?"

Yes, it actually did fix some stuff. Seemingly random stuff, but still. In both the game and the CK even. This post is an attempt to collect the information that we find all in one place.

Game Fixes

The thin black line around fires introduced in Patch 1.6 is now gone in SSE.

Lip Sync on NPCs is fixed. No more bad kung-fu dubbing!

Rain Occlusion is now a feature. Yes, sensible people consider its absence a bug.

Shadows are no longer blocky messes and instead are equal in quality to the shadows in Fallout 4. No more striping in exteriors at all.

No more z-fighting on those mountains around Whiterun Hold.

A Daedra's Best Friend (DA03) in Dawnguard.esm is no longer missing most of its script properties. It's an ITM now, but that beats being broken.

Glass Helmet of Resurgence is now properly named.

21 trees/shrubs have had their positions corrected.

Some textures that both USLEEP and UHRP had fixes for were officially fixed when being updated.

Overlapping boats at Icewater Jetty.

Argonian Ale is now porperly marked as a food item and has the proper magic effect attached.

Cyrodilic Brandy is nwo properly tagged as a food item.

Thieves Guild hoods are no longer invisible on vampires. [Patch 1.5.73]

Vegetable Soup and Venison Stew now properly restore health. (FoodRestoreHealthDuration fixed) [Patch 1.5.73]

Marked For Death no longer stacks with itself improperly. [Patch 1.6.629]

Mannequins have been explicitly flagged as immobile, which should stop them from moving around. [Patch 1.6.629]

"Ring of Peeless Destruction" -> "Ring of Peerless Destruction" [Patch 1.6.629]

"The Nirnoot Missive" -> "The Nirnroot Missive" [Patch 1.6.629]

Twin Souls perk now correctly accounts for you being a vampire. [Patch 1.6.629]

CK Fixes

Argonians can now be properly edited in the CK. They aren't just disembodied tongues and eyes anymore.

Any idea if lod generation is working for every object?

Generating static object LOD requires LOD models. It also requires the LOD models to be defined on base records.

No additional LOD models have been added to the archives.

In fact Update.esm removes some LOD model definitions from a few base records. 0x0004CCD7 or 0x0004CCD8 for example.

However, on the PC version the static object LOD still contains the LOD for these. So I assume static object LOD was generated without Update.esm, or before those changes were made.

I do not own consoles, so I can not check if there is a difference.

Rain Occlusion is now a feature. Yes, sensible people consider its absence a bug.

Rain only, maybe. I haven't played long enough to see it myself. Snow is still an issue : enter Shalidor's maze, the entrance corridor is basically some cave stuff, and snow falls...  :(

Generating static object LOD requires LOD models. It also requires the LOD models to be defined on base records.

No additional LOD models have been added to the archives.

In fact Update.esm removes some LOD model definitions from a few base records. 0x0004CCD7 or 0x0004CCD8 for example.

However, on the PC version the static object LOD still contains the LOD for these. So I assume static object LOD was generated without Update.esm, or before those changes were made.

I do not own consoles, so I can not check if there is a difference.

I mostly refer to new worldspaces, I remember we needed a program like oscape , to make proper decent lods, now is no more like that? Is oscape still working?

Rain only, maybe. I haven't played long enough to see it myself. Snow is still an issue : enter Shalidor's maze, the entrance corridor is basically some cave stuff, and snow falls...  :(

May be the CK has a special tag to indicate that something is an occlusion for rain ? Or may be there is some special thing in the nif for that ? OR is simply built inthe engine to recognize horizontal collision?

I mostly refer to new worldspaces, I remember we needed a program like oscape , to make proper decent lods, now is no more like that? Is oscape still working?

I tried generating terrain/water LOD for Tamriel with CK and while it went though the motions no files were created.

I tried generating object LOD and that works the same as before, needing LOD source models as files in data and the TGA files. If generating for the entire Tamriel it crashes for me around 25%.

Oscape will not work with the new esp/esm data format. The BTR it generates probably need to be converted to the new nif format. The converter that is in the works should be able to handle that.

One thing they didn't fix was TXST Texture Sets for Books. The Inventory View of a book still can't use an alternate texture even though the CK will allow one to be assigned.