Einarth the greybeard MIA

Eesha85

First off im on xbox one and playing with mods. I'm on the main story quest "The horn of Jurgen windcaller" at the part where you receive the greybeards greeting. Your suppose to stand in the middle of them and they yell at you. Einarth is no where to be found and the quest will not continue. I have tried disabling all mods and reloading previous saves so no clue what's going on. Sorry if this is already posted but the site wouldnt let me use the search feature.

Unfortunately i don't have a pc save of it. I'm not quite sure how to get my save from my Xbox to pc. Thank you for the info and I will look into submitting it.

Almost certainly part of this: http://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=21353

If you have a save on PC handy, Bethesda is asking for as many as can be found.

Good to know.  I'll soon advance to that part in the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest, so I can keep tab about what the Greybeards do and doesn't do correctly.

Right now I'm using a modded gamesave and going back to a clean vanilla gamesave is not an option at this point.  Maybe in my next game.

I also wonder if a gamesave with only USSEP active counts a modded save.

Of course it does. You'd need to reproduce the issue on a 100% vanilla save to know for sure if it exists on PC.

Though if it's caused by mods that will make it 1000% harder for anyone to figure out.

I will get to that part of that quest tomorrow and I have a vanilla game. I've never submitted a save file for testing. I'm wondering where the best point to save is. I believe the marker gets put on Wulfgar after i report back to Arngeir. Would a save just outside High Hrothgar, before I enter and talk to anyone, be sufficient? Or should I have one farther back, like before I get to the note in Ustengrav?

I would say as soon as you see the marker move to where Wulfgar is at should be good enough. If he's not off stuck in a mountain then this bug just got a lot harder for Bethesda to find.

Will do. By the way, I'm seeing reports from PS4 users too. I can't recall if I've seen one from a confirmed PC user. There are also a couple of reports of followers not following through doors on PS4 (Lydia in general and Delpine at Skyhaven). I have not had that problem, at least with Lydia. (update: forget the Lydia report, he was talking about the old run-in-place glitch, which I've also seen her do a couple times)

I have extremely bad news. I had no problems at all. All the Greybeards stayed where they were supposed to. It will be the weekend until I can continue playing to test other NPCs who've been reported. Probably test the Companions next. But I have a feeling I will continue to have no problems. 

All the Greybeards stayed where they were supposed to.

Did this happen in vanilla or did you use mods when it happen?

If you use mods then perhaps I can confirm this Greybeards issue to be related to a mod.  Although, I find it hard though to narrow down which mod that's causing that issue, if such an issue is a mod issue that is.

That's a good thing, because I think I can now confirm that such a bug with Einarth going MIA probably not exist.

I took a few pictures when finishing the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest with this loadorder.

Note that I didn't use LOOT to sort my mods, instead I relied on my knowledge of what loadorder these mods needed to be placed in my loadorder.

Active Mod Files

Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.
* rich merchants of skyrim.esp
* unlimitedamuletsandrings.esp
* weightless dragon bones and scales.esp

=== Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit
Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit.  Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.
* cutting room floor.esp:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Dawnguard.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Dragonborn.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Hearthfires.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.
* Update.esm:  Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

* 00  Skyrim.esm
* 01  Update.esm
* 02  Dawnguard.esm
* 03  Hearthfires.esm
* 04  Dragonborn.esm
* 05  campfire.esm
* 06  unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp  [Version 4.0.1]
* 07  frostfall.esp
* 08  castle volkihar rebuilt.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 09  dawnguard map markers.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
* 0A  cutting room floor.esp  [Version 3.0]
* 0B  bring out your dead.esp  [Version 4.0]
* 0C  ars metallica.esp
* 0D  bee hives.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 0E  point the way.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 0F  relationship dialogue overhaul.esp
* 10  facemasksofskyrim.esp
* 11  weightless dragon bones and scales.esp
* 12  karthwasten.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 13  ivarstead.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 14  manor roads.esp  [Version 1.0]
* 15  whistling mine.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 16  shor's stone.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 17  kynesgrove.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 18  darkwater crossing.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 19  soljund's sinkhole.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 1A  dragon claw stands.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 1B  storefront.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 1C  the paarthurnax dilemma.esp  [Version 2.0]
* 1D  princess riverwood cottage.esp
* 1E  shezriesshack.esp
* 1F  open cities skyrim.esp
* 20  unlimitedamuletsandrings.esp
* 21  rich merchants of skyrim.esp
* 22  tel mithryn.esp
* 23  buildingmaterialsgodchest.esp
* 24  alternate start - live another life.esp  [Version 4.0]

Here are the pictures I took just to document what happen in my game.

20161101224540 1

After you talked to Arngeir and get a journal update go directly to the spot where my PC is standing before Wulfgar is shouting the word "Dah" onto the ground behind my back.

Don't bother to stand next to Wulfgar, because if the player does that then the player is stuck there for the rest of the Greybeards greeting ceremony.

20161101224552 1

Just goto the spot shown in the picture and look at Arngeir when having Wulfgar in your back.

The player will still be able to learn the last word, "Dah" from Wulfgar, of the Unrelenting Force shout.

20161101224709 1

To the left is Einarth and to the right is Borri, from where my PC is standing, and Wulfgar is behind the back of the player shown in the picture.

So based on what happen in my game when I finish the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest, I suspect that something else must cause this Einarth going MIA issue.

Let me know if the team need my gamesaves for further investigation.

If you can't reproduce it on PC the saves really won't do us any good :P

It's becoming more and more clear this is some kind of console issue - especially now that reports of it on PS4 are surfacing too.

That isn't clear yet but a lot of people who seemed to be reporting it on PC are in fact using consoles.

Yeah, console people are reporting their bugs in the PC section on the Bethsoft forum. And in every other section; it's the wild west over there. Anyway, some say they use mods, but others say they're pure vanilla.

Yes, and that compounds problems greatly. If the reports aren't even in the right sections it becomes impossible to know who is reporting what for which platform.

Yeah, console people are reporting their bugs in the PC section on the Bethsoft forum. And in every other section; it's the wild west over there. Anyway, some say they use mods, but others say they're pure vanilla.

Man, they must be desperate and want Bethesda to fix the reported bugs, issues in the next official patch.

Active Mod Files

Following mods are active, but could be merged into the bashed patch.

* rich merchants of skyrim.esp

* unlimitedamuletsandrings.esp

* weightless dragon bones and scales.esp

=== Mods that need cleaning with TES4Edit

Following mods have identical to master (ITM) records, deleted records (UDR), or other issues that should be fixed with TES4Edit. Visit the TES4Edit Cleaning Guide for more information.

* cutting room floor.esp: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

* Dawnguard.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

* Dragonborn.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

* Hearthfires.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

* Update.esm: Contains dirty edits, needs cleaning.

* 00 Skyrim.esm

* 01 Update.esm

* 02 Dawnguard.esm

* 03 Hearthfires.esm

* 04 Dragonborn.esm

* 05 campfire.esm

* 06 unofficial skyrim special edition patch.esp [Version 4.0.1]

* 07 frostfall.esp

* 08 castle volkihar rebuilt.esp [Version 2.0]

* 09 dawnguard map markers.esp [Version 1.0.1]

* 0A cutting room floor.esp [Version 3.0]

* 0B bring out your dead.esp [Version 4.0]

* 0C ars metallica.esp

* 0D bee hives.esp [Version 1.0]

* 0E point the way.esp [Version 2.0]

* 0F relationship dialogue overhaul.esp

* 10 facemasksofskyrim.esp

* 11 weightless dragon bones and scales.esp

* 12 karthwasten.esp [Version 2.0]

* 13 ivarstead.esp [Version 2.0]

* 14 manor roads.esp [Version 1.0]

* 15 whistling mine.esp [Version 2.0]

* 16 shor's stone.esp [Version 2.0]

* 17 kynesgrove.esp [Version 2.0]

* 18 darkwater crossing.esp [Version 2.0]

* 19 soljund's sinkhole.esp [Version 2.0]

* 1A dragon claw stands.esp [Version 2.0]

* 1B storefront.esp [Version 2.0]

* 1C the paarthurnax dilemma.esp [Version 2.0]

* 1D princess riverwood cottage.esp

* 1E shezriesshack.esp

* 1F open cities skyrim.esp

* 20 unlimitedamuletsandrings.esp

* 21 rich merchants of skyrim.esp

* 22 tel mithryn.esp

* 23 buildingmaterialsgodchest.esp

* 24 alternate start - live another life.esp [Version 4.0]

Is there a particular reason for the count order going 01-09 and the 0A-0F and starting back with 10-19, etc.?

Im asking as I have all my town mods together, including Shezriesshack and Princess Riverwood Cottage.

Also Cutting Room Floor I have closer to the USSEP patch with ROD at the bottom.

Thank you for your time! :)

p.s.

Princess Riverwood had one glitch, I wonder if you saw as well.

Opening the door showed, briefly, another door and not black space.

(Really fills in the city nicely though.)

There is an update - maybe its fixed.

Is there a particular reason for the count order going 01-09 and the 0A-0F and starting back with 10-19, etc.?

Yes, there is a reason for doing that.  Why?  It's known as Hexdecimal, which are completely different than the normal counting e.g 0, 1, 2, 3 etc when a kid is learning mathematic in school.

I'm gonna go do some testing today, play 100% vanilla, and try to progress through the main story, and see if npc's start to disappear. I want this bug to be gone.

Yes, there is a reason for doing that.  Why?  It's known as Hexdecimal, which are completely different than the normal counting e.g 0, 1, 2, 3 etc when a kid is learning mathematic in school.

Sorry, yes, I'm a bit stupid - even after looking at your link, which only scared me more! lol!

Im only trying to understand the load order you chose to make, as I have many of the same mods - in a different order, based on a youtube video saying to put mods: Overhauls first, towns second, etc. (not exact quote, I dont have it written down)

I did not know if your counting groups had significance in why certain mods were placed in that group. Thats all. :)

Thanks, and my apologies for not understanding.