Orange patches in sawmills

Malacath

I am seeing a large orange  patch on the floor in the sawmill in Riverview.

It's as though a texture is missing.

This is happening vanilla with no mods loaded in an unmodded save.

So I know the problem is not caused by mods.

If it is at all possible to fix this it would be appreciated.

We need a screenshot to even know what's going on, because this isn't something any of us has seen so far.

There is a screenshot in this thread in the official bethesda forums. Someone else has the same issue.

https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/1205/texture-issues

Been testing myself and after restarting console with all mods disabled the problem went away. But problem came back after enabling all mods.

There have been reports about the unofficial patch causing this so did you testing by activating all mods one at a time starting with unofficial patch.

It's only after activating the cutting room floor mod that the problem came back.

So problem could possibly be caused by cutting room floor or possibly a conflict between having both unofficial patch and cutting room floor installed.

EDIT:Now its happening with cutting room floor disabled

OK, that would be a pretty obvious thing. It's not something I'm seeing though. No orange patch. I kept wondering if people were talking about the sawdust looking weird somehow.

af6086b6-25d7-4630-8e7e-601b0d23d477.png

It's obviously the marker where the player is placed when the animation starts :

USSEP_sawmill.jpg

But understanding what's wrong and why it displays only for specific players is out of my knowledge... Maybe GPU hardware/drivers mess ?

No idea, but since you can replicate it I can try a hack fix and send you the file to see if it fixes it :P

Arthmoor, unsure if this is relevant (or proven) but someone posted the following in the comments for the SMIM thread:

vehementabyss
When loading this mod before Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch I no longer have the orange markers by levers and the carriage issue is gone. The marker by lumber yards is still there.

We know its not USSEP but the variations seen with different load orders is interesting. A lot of ppl were posting in the SMIM thread today about orange markers.

We've had people confirm it's an issue, and it doesn't hurt to redo the edits anyway since it's going to be on a slightly better optimized mesh that way. We'll see what the XBox crowd has to say in a couple of hours once I can get the archives packed and uploaded.

We've had people confirm it's an issue, and it doesn't hurt to redo the edits anyway since it's going to be on a slightly better optimized mesh that way. We'll see what the XBox crowd has to say in a couple of hours once I can get the archives packed and uploaded.

Just downloaded the updated patch on Xbox one.

Unfortunately the orange squares are still there.

Is this one of those engine bugs only Bethesda can fix?

Thanks, I love ALL of your mods, for both Skyrim and Fallout. I cut my teeth on mods with Fallout and would like to get more involved with all the new Skyrim stuff. My son wanted the new Special Edition and TBH I did too because of the access to all the Mod Quest Content. I played through the vanilla game completely years ago. I'm even thinking about dabbling in creating some mods myself. I took some VB classes in College but I have always been an Infrastructure guy (Routers, Switches, Servers) and coding has never been my strong suit. lol

Thanks for looking at this. I might pass along other comments I see if they seem relevant. Will probably get active logging bugs too but only if multiple ppl report the same bug. Will try and get you videos or screenshots for them as well. If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know.

If the orange patch is still present on XBox, then yes, it's a bug Bethesda needs to fix because that part of the mesh is their work now.

We've also seen reports of Castle Volkihar doors being outlined in orange, which would make sense if the attached editor markers were rendering. That's one we DO NOT edit in USSEP.

If the orange patch is still present on XBox, then yes, it's a bug Bethesda needs to fix because that part of the mesh is their work now.

We've also seen reports of Castle Volkihar doors being outlined in orange, which would make sense if the attached editor markers were rendering. That's one we DO NOT edit in USSEP.

Whats your normal process here to report this? New post in the Bethesda community posts on bethesda.net?

For stuff that needs to go to them, you'll need to raise the issue on their forums. Putting it in our tracker isn't useful if we can't even see the bug on PC. If the issue with lumber mills isn't resolved with USSEP 4.0.2 then they have an engine issue they need to fix.

I started a new character unmodded and it had no orange box, went and loaded my modded one and it still has the orange box.. so I decided to move the USSEP down the list order and that seems to have fixed it.

You're both missing the point here. The Castle Volkihar doors are not something that's been edited by us. The file is not even included, and yet people are reporting this one just as regularly. It's not our doing. Those orange things are not even supposed to render at all.

You should both go add your piece here: https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/3133/attn-bethesda-orange-squares-in-sawmills-and-other-texture-issues-need-fixing

For stuff that needs to go to them, you'll need to raise the issue on their forums. Putting it in our tracker isn't useful if we can't even see the bug on PC. If the issue with lumber mills isn't resolved with USSEP 4.0.2 then they have an engine issue they need to fix.

Ok, I didn't know if you and your Dev Team made attempts to contact Bethesda direct or start a community thread or what have you when you find something (like this) that is a core game issue. I figured if they'd listen to anyone it would be you as the MA for the UOP's. 

I imagine our input has weight, yes, but the more people who speak up, the more widespread they'll realize this problem is. Otherwise they may think it's nothing but isolated incidents and then do nothing about it.

I imagine our input has weight, yes, but the more people who speak up, the more widespread they'll realize this problem is. Otherwise they may think it's nothing but isolated incidents and then do nothing about it.

Agreed. I do the same thing.  ;)  So many threads have a hundred random one-off complaints. I don't pay attention until 4 or 5 or 6 ppl start reporting the same issue.

Then how do you explain the Volkihar doors that we never touched yet also have the same problem?

Then how do you explain the Volkihar doors that we never touched yet also have the same problem?

I haven't had that specific problem, therefore i can't say.