Redundant fixes

alt3rn1ty

Arthmoor disregard my last post here .. It does need a fix

I dont know whether I was looking at the wrong one last night or just had a very tired moment but the left and top edges of the SSE stonewall01 texture definitely have a problem causing a visible seam in game.

I will use the new texture as basis for the work, and make a new one with the same problem fix .. But I would just keep the old fix for now if you havent already pulled it.

Apologies for messing you around a bit.

It was already pulled, and because of the resolution increase it's not appropriate to put the file back anyway because cutting resolution on the fie is outside scope for the project.

One more thing :

USSEP : textures \ dlc01 \ weapons \ dragonbone \ claymore2

Note the naming has a 2 on the end .. 

SSE is not only a bigger texture, it also is not named with a 2 on the end

I think this one probably has an associated mesh for some reason, aswell as being reworked - Whoever did this needs to look at updating it with the bigger SSE textures and whatever else was done to warrant a new file name so that it is not a replacer texture

------------------------------------

Thats it for textures, no more smaller ones than SSE which need reworking

Just in case anyone else thinks that because some textures are smaller in mb than another ...

.. does not means it is lower res - For reference :

Dwarvenspider / wenchoutfit / blacksmithsharpeningwheel = USSEP versions are the same res as SSE textures

In the following screenshots, USSEP textures are on the left, Skyrim SE on the right :

gallery_1652_58_42792.jpg

gallery_1652_58_107806.jpg

gallery_1652_58_157210.jpg

Those textures are smaller on disk in the USSEP versions, because they are DDS DXT1 format, and not wasting VRAM unecessarily like the DXT5 ones are from Skyrim SE ( these textures do not need an alpha channel so do not need to be DXT5 ) ..

.. But they are still High res = They are fine to stay as they are in USSEP

There's no documentation anywhere for what textures\architecture\solitude\sdoor02.dds was doing in the file so we're removing it.

Arthmoor, I think I see why this needed a fix, I was working on it last night so will give you an edited SSE version in the Resources topic later, but basicly those white highlights on the wood at the base of each door threshold, show up as a dim glowing light blue edge when rendered so it looks odd. There are a few places where the edge is lower and so buried and not seen, but then there are places where it shows and looks obviously wrong in game.

Will document it anyway with comparison screenshots and a new fixed file in the correct higher res size ( using the SSE texture as the basis for work, not just a blow up of the previous fix because the USSEP fixed file is a bit blurry in the rest of the textures detail in comparison = It needs doing with the better res texture to start with ).

• 2 weeks later...