USSEP unable to be at top of load order (Campfire mod)

Zed99

Hello,

I use Steam, and never modded before.

Yesterday, using the in-game (Bethesda.net) Mod menu, I downloaded USSEP,

and all of Arthmoor mods with Csesko (spelling), which was Frostfall and Campfire.

No matter what I do, Campfire always goes to the top, and will NOT move from the top position.

I deleted Campfire, redownloaded it - it was at the bottom.

As soon as I reordered other mods, it 'flung' to the top in front of USSEP.

Question: Will this 'break' USSEP, seeing USSEp is supposed to be first?

Today I uninstalled all mods and the game.

* side note - there was green clipping in the grindstone, saw it says fixed, but was there in the first city, Riverwood.

Running an ASUS Rog with Nvidia 960m, 16GB Ram.

Thank you for your time,

Best Regards.

That's the load order bug. Bethesda needs to fix it. Until they do, we had to downgrade USSEP to a standard ESP to prevent it from being shoved into the wrong position by the UI. With Campfire it probably doesn't matter that it's in the wrong place, but for us it would be a critical failure if USSEP got put in the same area.

Based on what I know about Chesko's Camping mod is that he is intentionally created Campfire.esm and the reason he did is to let other people to create their own addons.

EDIT:  Until the loadorder bug is fixed.  Where do we place USSEP in our loadorder, early or in the middle or last?

Until the load order bug is fixed, push USSEP as high as it will let you. The game will load it first in the ESPs so it won't get clobbered by the DLC that way.

Until the load order bug is fixed, push USSEP as high as it will let you. The game will load it first in the ESPs so it won't get clobbered by the DLC that way.

Thanks for the information, I'll try to remember that.

Another note about a loadorder in SSE.  Have you thought about posting a manually adjusted loadorder, for the best mod compatibility, for your mods until the loadorder bug is fixed and the usual modding tools is released?

Also, I posted this about the in-game Bethesda.net Launcher that needs to be improved in SSE.

In the mean time I would like to request that your mods, especially the town and the village mods could be packed into one single archive instead of downloading a bunch of them.

Which I did before the in-game Bethesda.net Launcher simple stop responding and I had no other choice than to terminate SSE via the task manager.

Man, you have way too many good mods hosted on Bethesda.net, perhaps that's why the in-game Bethesda.net Launcher stop responding in SSE. :P

That's the load order bug. Bethesda needs to fix it. Until they do, we had to downgrade USSEP to a standard ESP to prevent it from being shoved into the wrong position by the UI. With Campfire it probably doesn't matter that it's in the wrong place, but for us it would be a critical failure if USSEP got put in the same area.

Thank you for the reply.

Im starting to wonder if load order isn't affecting it.

I've spoken to Chesko, author of Campfire/Frostfall, and he assurred me the order is fine, which may be so.

... However, for the past 22hrs, third character, second install, (time does not include install, and internet research to solve problems),

I have had consistent CTD, Crash to Desktop, when trying to exit to the Main Menu. (Not in-game menu)

Its... Campfire/Frostfall.

Im at Riverwood, and this issue only comes with saves immediately after starting Frostfall.

* Ill look in the sky, it starts the mod - my armor will be stripped from me, put back on, and - boom.

No longer will I be able to exit Skyrim to the Main Menu without CTD!

** Ive tried it with all mods off, except USSEP and Cutting Room Floor, etc.

Armor mods, only two, turned off. Even the town mods.

Same issue.

So - havent heard this issue with anyone else.

Not sure how many PC users are noticing this, as its still fresh out there.

Thank you, again, for your time!

I've spoken to Chesko, author of Campfire/Frostfall, and he assurred me the order is fine, which may be so.

... However, for the past 22hrs, third character, second install, (time does not include install, and internet research to solve problems),

I have had consistent CTD, Crash to Desktop, when trying to exit to the Main Menu. (Not in-game menu)

Its... Campfire/Frostfall.

Im at Riverwood, and this issue only comes with saves immediately after starting Frostfall.

* Ill look in the sky, it starts the mod - my armor will be stripped from me, put back on, and - boom.

No longer will I be able to exit Skyrim to the Main Menu without CTD!

** Ive tried it with all mods off, except USSEP and Cutting Room Floor, etc.

Armor mods, only two, turned off. Even the town mods.

Same issue.

So - havent heard this issue with anyone else.

Not sure how many PC users are noticing this, as its still fresh out there.

Thank you, again, for your time!

Its not campfire, but 'Frostfall', that causes the issue above.

Author is looking into it.

That's odd because I'm using both Campfire and Frostfall, but such a thing never happen on my end.

Of course I haven't activated Frostfall in-game by looking at the sky between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM I think it was.

That's odd because I'm using both Campfire and Frostfall, but such a thing never happen on my end.

Of course I haven't activated Frostfall in-game by looking at the sky between 7:00 AM and 7:00 PM I think it was.

Yes, it only happens after you activate Frostfall in-game.

I have started the game with only Frostfall/campfire and USSEP - and its still an issue.

Seems like it has been an issue for others in the past, as well.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/581559-frostfall-hypothermia-camping-survival/page-1758

And

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/4qzycr/i_crash_upon_exiting_my_game_to_the_main_menu/

Chesko wrote back, saying he knows of this issue.

Whats unclear, for me, is if this affects all, or random people AFTER starting Frostfall.

Let me know how it goes for you.

As I have one theory.

* Initially, things seemed fine. I first noticed the issue when turning on/off mods to see why there was a green grindstone.

(Now I realize its USSEP)

My armor started glitching on off.

Im pretty sure I had activated Frostfall at that point, but rightfully cant recall.

If I did, then the CTD did not yet happen when exiting to Main Menu.

I thought a reinstall would help, but later found out some files in Steam are apparently left over...

It could be that it was 'corrupt', and turning the mod 'off' and 'on' is was did it for me.

Dont know for certain.

Thank you for the reply!

Best Regards