I want to install Skyrim Special Edition in a separate folder in Steam

Leonardo

How do I do that in Steam? 

In Steam it says that the standard folder for SSE is the same folder for Skyrim.  Does the installation of SSE affect my current game in Skyrim in any way?

The word is, it is a separate install. For me, when I preloaded it, it asked me for a location to install to, I could choose separately from the original Skyrim.

Hopefully this helps.

So Skyrim Special Edition will have this installation path.

\Skyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

So Skyrim Special Edition will have this installation path.

\Skyrim\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

Ehm, no

Replace Skyrim with steam ..

Presume this was a typo but just in case any noobs are reading

Ehm, no

Replace Skyrim with steam ..

Presume this was a typo but just in case any noobs are reading

A couple of years ago when Valve change their policy about forcing gamers to only install games in the Steam folder, I have since that day always installed Skyrim outside of the Steam folder and that worked.

So that's why I only typed Skyrim for my installation path.

Oh right understood, you moved the default setup out of Program files and the associated problems, and / or just moving games to a different Partition / HD / SSD for your convenience or more space

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-TDLC-0426

I moved mine to D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\ ( along with other games in the same common folder )

Oh right understood, you moved the default setup out of Program files and the associated problems, and / or just moving games to a different Partition / HD / SSD for your convenience or more space

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7710-TDLC-0426

I moved mine to D:\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition\ ( along with other games in the same common folder )

No, when I bought Empire TW in Mars 2009 I was back then running Windows XP, but due to for some older games I liked to play I decided to install Windows XP on a FAT32 partition and not on a NTFS partition.

However, Empire TW required a NTFS partition to work properly and Valve forced gamers to only install Steam games into the Steam folder.

So since Mars 2009 I've had always installed Steam outside of the C:\Programs File(x86) folder and I haven't changed the installation path for Steam in Windows 7.