[RELz] Whistling Mine

Arthmoor

whistling-mine-logo.jpg

A simple village expansion for Whistling Mine.

It always seemed odd to me that an established mine with an active smelter had no place for the people there to live. Whistling Mine is cold, and inhospitable. Nobody in their right mind would actually sleep there! This mod solves that oddity by providing a small village for the 4 NPCs to live in and spend some time in. Cause who wants to spend their lives living in the mine they work in!

It was also somewhat strange that Winterhold Hold had nothing but a single half ruined town in it.

Download Locations

AFK Mods
Bethesda.net - PC + XB1

Installation Requirements

Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130 or greater.
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 4.3.0 or greater.

DO NOT extract the contents of the BSA file into your Data folder as loose files, or let your mod manager perform an equivalent function on the contents of the file. Doing so will cause things to load in the wrong order and break the game. Skyrim is intended to load a BSA alongside it's ESM/ESP file. Circumventing this causes issues which I will not provide support for. If you insist on going against this advice, you will receive no support for the problems you generate as a result of this.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Whistling Mine.esp, Whistling Mine.bsa, and Whistling Mine - Textures.bsa files into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Due to the nature of Skyrim mods, especially those adding scripts, it is strongly discouraged to attempt uninstalling a mod from your active game. Any mod that is more than pure mesh or texture replacements has the possibility to leave behind permanent changes to your save that you may not want. This is not something modders can correct for. It is how the game was designed by Bethesda. No support will be provided for anyone who uninstalls this mod from an active game and continues on with that save.

To remove the mod: Delete the Whistling Mine.esp, Whistling Mine.bsa, and Whistling Mine - Textures.bsa files from your Data folder. Then reload your game as usual.

Load Order

LOOT should be used for optimal placement.

Compatibility

Fully compatible with Bring Out Your Dead.

Will not be compatible with other mods that change the Whistling Mine exteriors.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Version 2.0.3

Moved AI changes into aliases to prevent other mods from needlessly overriding the new schedules.

• 9 months later...

Version 2.0.4

Ingots in front of Thorgar's house were clipped through the cart. The cart was also unrealistically upright.

• 11 months later...

Version 2.0.5

Moved all remaining NPC related edits to the AI control quest. Removed all direct NPC edits.
Added USSEP as a requirement to support the changes since the unique NPC flags are needed.
Navmesh cleaning with new versions of xEdit.

• 1 month later...

Version 2.0.6

Added some exterior lighting to the village.

• 2 years later...