[RELz] Open Cities Skyrim

Arthmoor

Oh, right. Of course it would be some silly XML thing. Thanks, I'll get that fixed in a bit.

Open Cities has a built in function to enable or disable the gates. You won't need to install the other mod at all.

When attempting to install the latest version of the Open Cities Patch Archive using Wrye Bash, I got the following error message:

An error occurred in the wizard script:
Line 22:    SelectSubPackage "06 Compatibility Patch - Dawnfang & Duskfang DLC"
Error:    (Line 22, Column 68): Sub-package '06 Compatibility Patch - Dawnfang & Duskfang DLC' is not a part of the installer.

Ugh, if it's not one thing it's another. Fix one issue because of XML, and forget to fix the other installer to match. Should be good now.

• 1 month later...

Open Cities Skyrim 3.1.9

Markarth: Removed an unnecessary alpha property from the large main gate mesh. (Bug #32409)
Solitude: Added the NPC failsafe trigger originally set up in USSEP to cover the open world space side of things as well. (Bug #32462)

• 5 weeks later...

Did you, or anybody else you know, ever explore implementing the Open Cities concept to the Opening Scene, so the player character could escape Helgen (or even the prisoner cart) without having to enter Helgen Keep?  I got a partial answer from smr1957 that redoing the opening scene would be a big effort, so I'm guessing the answer is no but still curious.

• 1 month later...

Open Cities Skyrim 3.1.10

Solitude: Adjusted the sizing on the NPC failsafe trigger because it was interfering with navigation on the roadway below the city and on the Katariah out in the bay. It should also be high enough off the ground to be clear of the Solitude Skyway mod as well. It has also been checked against LOTD and the trigger box is not interfering with any of the content positioned above it. (Bug #32729)

I'm curious, does this mod work for 1.6.353? I saw the description here saying it required 629, yet on your ModDB site it said 353 and above. Would love to hear which version I can use, since I can't update to 629 until my modlist is compatible.

It may, but it's only guaranteed to work on 629 or higher. The ModDB listing was inaccurate.

• 1 month later...

in riften when trying to enter the sewers the note with a dagger from the dawnfang cc disappears but the knife remains in the door and the door is inaccesible.

Are you talking about the door from the canals into the Ratway?

I, for one, am glad that this is back on Nexus. I have always been a fan Arthmoor. The community will need you for the next TES game. 

Do you have the Dawnfang patch installed? That should be fixing any issues with the note and the dagger.

• 5 weeks later...

hey mate, i'm getting this error You seem to be using Bittercup, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is provided on this plugin's mod page.
You seem to be using The Gray Cowl Returns!, but you have not enabled a compatibility patch for this mod. A compatibility patch is provided on this plugin's mod page.
Dont know what to do, can you help me pls?

nevermind, i found the problem

Edited by BiellAndrade
problem solved

Hello author, I encountered a problem while using this mod. Although this mod can run, when I try to open the city gate and enter the city, whether I am inside or outside the city, the other side I see through the gate is in a state of missing models. It is not until I pass through the gate that they can display normally. Although this does not cause the game to be unable to run, it still causes damage to the immersion feeling. What may be the reason for this? And are there any relevant solutions? thank you!

You've got a mod conflict of some sort. Probably from one of those "fps optimizers" that scatters occlusion planes or boxes into places they shouldn't. That would be why the models stop rendering until you walk through the gate.

• 2 months later...

Open Cities Skyrim 3.1.11

Solitude: The door to the Emperor's Tower was supposed to be locked at all times, and the follower blocking script needed to exempt Dark Brotherhood members after DB09 hits stage 200.
Solitude: The doorway leading from the windmill tower down to the road by the docks needed to be replaced with a physical door and frame. For some bizarre reason if an NPC followed you through the autodoor marker, they would be invisible at the bottom. Fix for this issue provided by KhrysINXS.
Markarth: The smelter from the closed city space was accidentally moved into the open, generating a duplicate where the OCS copy is placed. (Bug #33045)