[RELz] Manor Roads

Arthmoor

manor-roads-logo.jpg

A small landscaping tweak to connect Heljarchen Hall and Lakeview Manor to the nearby main roads. Nothing particularly fancy other than it not using the standard crappy road meshes. The roads have preferred navmesh pathing so if you're using mods that allow your spouse and/or children to travel, they'll stick to a safe path instead of aimlessly wandering the wilderness.

Download Locations

AFK Mods
ModDB
Bethesda.net - PC + XB1
Bethesda.net - PS4

Installation Requirements

Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130 or greater.
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 4.3.0 or greater.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Manor Roads.esp file into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Just delete the Manor Roads.esp file. There are no scripts and no permanent data changes.

Load Order

LOOT (https://loot.github.io/) should be used for optimal placement.

Compatibility

Other mods which may alter the landscape and/or navmeshes at the two affected houses will not be compatible.

Compatible with my Oakwood village mod.

Compatible with my Storefront mod.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

Not a big deal, however no description was listed for this in the game's mod menu.

(At least none that displayed for me.)

Therefore it was not obvious what had changed - though the name, looking back, does clarify it.

• 4 months later...

Version 2.0.2

Updated the navmesh for the road next to Lakeview Manor to take USSEP's fixes into account for the cell borders.

• 7 months later...

This mod conflicts with your Oakwood mod. The road stops halfway down the hill if Oakwood loads later. Looks better if this loads last. Might want to add a disclaimer about load order unless you devise a different fix.

You should first make sure you have the current versions of both Manor Roads and Oakwood, then make sure Manor Roads loads before Oakwood. Unless something has magically changed, there is no conflict between these 2 mods in that setup. I checked it myself which is why Manor Roads ended up needing an update. Oakwood doesn't edit the cells on the HF property where Manor Roads does its work.

Using your latest updates for Xbox. Here is the difference in roads. The road appears when I set Manor roads to load AFTER Oakwood.

20200318_150354.jpg

20200318_150138.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any plans for a Morthal area road?

After many years of requests, I've finally got around to touring Hearthfires carriages. I've tried to make it compatible with these roads (and others).

It was quite a surprise to me that Bethesda has a vanilla (pre-Hearthfires) preferred navmesh up the hill behind Morvarth's Lair, connecting to the path to Ustengrav.

It's been asked for before but that's a pretty big piece of distance to cover to go all the way to Winstad Manor. So I wouldn't expect to see it anytime soon but I do plan to look into the routing for it.

Most is already two long dirt paths, just needs to be joined up a bit in 2 places (essentially the middle passing over Movarth's Lair, then joining the Ustengrav path up to the carriage on the hill). I'll take a look at how you implemented here, and do something like it for Touring. I'll try a separate light file, as a proof of concept, just in case you do something later.

Honestly, in all my previous partial runs, I'd never even hired a Steward, let alone the house carriage. Usually I've already bought so many horses that they are anywhere needed. After 7 years of requests, having rather a lot of time on my hands at the moment (and not yet dead from incurable lymphoma), I've finally buckled down and done the Hearthfires touring work. It surprised me, but changes my gameplay approach much more than I'd anticipated.

Version 2.0.4

The snow version of the stone path texture is now set to the stone material.

• 2 years later...