[RELz] Dawnguard Map Markers

Arthmoor

dgmarkers-logo.jpg

Places map markers in the Soul Cairn and enables fast travel while on that map to any marker you've discovered.

Adds some additional markers to the Forgotten Vale and Dayspring Canyon.

The Soul Cairn gets the added bonus of now accessing the overhead map like you would see for Skyrim.

Download Locations

AFK Mods
Bethesda.net - PC + XB1
Bethesda.net - PS4

Installation Requirements

Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130 or greater.
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 4.3.0 or greater.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Dawnguard Map Markers.esp file into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Due to the nature of Skyrim mods, especially those adding scripts, it is strongly discouraged to attempt uninstalling a mod from your active game. Any mod that is more than pure mesh or texture replacements has the possibility to leave behind permanent changes to your save that you may not want. This is not something modders can correct for. It is how the game was designed by Bethesda. No support will be provided for anyone who uninstalls this mod from an active game and continues on with that save.

To remove the mod: Delete the Dawnguard Map Markers.esp from your Data folder. Then reload your game as usual.

Load Order

LOOT (https://loot.github.io/) should be used for optimal placement.

Needs to be positioned after any mods which alter the Soul Cairn worldspace, or your map markers will be displayed incorrectly on the main Skyrim map.

Compatibility

Should not have any significant compatibility issues.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

• 1 month later...

Today I installed LOOT 0.10.2 and now after I sorted my loadorder in LOOT the Dawnguard Map Markers.esp is loaded last.  Why is it sorted last, unless there is a reason for loading it after the bashed patch?

Because it won't function if it's not loaded last. You'll pull up the map and instead of the Soul Cairn, you'll see Tamriel.

Well it worked for me when I played Dawnguard for the first time in SLE, so why should the result not be the same in SSE.

Well it worked for me when I played Dawnguard for the first time in SLE, so why should the result not be the same in SSE.

Because you have not have in load order modification that modified Soul Cairn (02001408) and Boneyard (0200528D) Worldspace(s)

Because you have not have in load order modification that modified Soul Cairn (02001408) and Boneyard (0200528D) Worldspace(s)

I think so, aside from AFT that alter some dialogue for Serana.

But I wonder, does CRF change the Soul Cairn and/or the Boneyard Worldspace(s)?

On 12/4/2016 at 5:24 AM, Arthmoor said:

Because it won't function if it's not loaded last. You'll pull up the map and instead of the Soul Cairn, you'll see Tamriel.

Does that also applies for the map markers in the Forgotten Vale?

Version 2.0.2

The marker at Reaper's Tower materialized you inside the building mesh due to the lack of a linked travel marker.

• 2 years later...