[RELz] Darkwater Crossing

Arthmoor

darkwater-crossing-logo.jpg

A simple village expansion for Darkwater Crossing.

If Darkwater Crossing ever seemed like too many people with nowhere to live were there, you're probably right. It's major enough for Tullius to know about it to set up an ambush for Ulfric, yet there's a single house there where two people live while everyone else sits around a campfire. Not anymore! Three new houses have been added to provide accommodations for the 4 NPCs who had no place to call home.

* Sondas Drenim will offer to share his house if married to you.
* Derkeethus will offer to share his house if married to you, assuming you haven't recruited him into the Blades.
* All added houses are radiant quest enabled, so you may get Companions missions and anything else that's properly configured to use NPC homes for quests.
* LOD has been generated for the area, including trees that account for the changes.

Check out the video by Nozi87:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci2vurKpJhY

Download Locations

AFK Mods
Bethesda.net - PC + XB1
Bethesda.net - PS4

Installation Requirements

Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.1130 or greater.
Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch 4.3.0 or greater.

DO NOT extract the contents of the BSA file into your Data folder as loose files, or let your mod manager perform an equivalent function on the contents of the file. Doing so will cause things to load in the wrong order and break the game. Skyrim is intended to load a BSA alongside it's ESM/ESP file. Circumventing this causes issues which I will not provide support for. If you insist on going against this advice, you will receive no support for the problems you generate as a result of this.

Installation - Wrye Bash BAIN

Drop the archive into your Skyrim Special Edition Mods\Bash Installers folder, then install as usual.
Make sure the mod is active in the Wrye Bash mods tab.

Installation - Manual

Drop the Darkwater Crossing.esp, Darkwater Crossing.bsa, and Darkwater Crossing - Textures.bsa files into your Data folder.
Activate the mod using whatever management tool suits you.

Uninstalling

Due to the nature of Skyrim mods, especially those adding scripts, it is strongly discouraged to attempt uninstalling a mod from your active game. Any mod that is more than pure mesh or texture replacements has the possibility to leave behind permanent changes to your save that you may not want. This is not something modders can correct for. It is how the game was designed by Bethesda. No support will be provided for anyone who uninstalls this mod from an active game and continues on with that save.

To remove the mod: Delete the Darkwater Crossing.esp, Darkwater Crossing.bsa, and Darkwater Crossing - Textures.bsa files from your Data folder. Then reload your game as usual.

Load Order

LOOT should be used for optimal placement.

This mod must load after Skyrim Bridges or the landscape and navmesh changes will be wiped out and the NPCs will not be able to access their homes.

This mod must also load AFTER Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul or the navmesh data will be overridden in areas where the new buildings have been added and the NPCs will be unable to navigate properly.

Compatibility

Fully compatible with Bring Out Your Dead.

Will not be compatible with other mods that change the Darkwater Crossing exteriors.

Disclaimer

This mod is not made, guaranteed, or supported by Microsoft, Zenimax, Bethesda Game Studios, or any of their affiliates.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can you please mark down your changes in the OP that you did from the original versions in your mods? 

Example:

A later version of this mod on the other game edition you changed the symbol to a settlement and marked it down in that thread. However, you didn't mark those features on these threads or over at Bethesda.net when I read the features while downloading on my xbox.

I never knew you changed that until I disabled a mod that was conflicting with your map marker and saw this very obviously needed marker change.

Another example is the obvious surprise to see you reintroduced the cut elf Meieran back into the game. You don't mention his inclusion here or at Bethesda.net.

Thanks Arthmoor. Wonderful work otherwise as per usual.

A few bugs:

Couple of harvestable plants are growing on top of Derkeethus's House's Front Porch in front of the door. Probably want to remove or move them.

There is a Thistle Plant growing on the front wall in the air of Tormir's House.

On my first visit here before doing Derkeethus's quest I have found Derkeethus hanging out in his house. Haven't done the quest to find him yet. Not sure what's going to happen there.

Meieran must not have his radiant quest set up correctly. I worked for him like any other farmer but I doesn't look like his disposition raised because he doesn't call me a friend nor let me take low level items from his house.

A few suggestions if I may?

Hrefna should spend some time with Meieran. Hrefna's mother comments about how see spends too much time with that elf getting bad ideas.

-Unused game data suggests that there was going to be another building in Darkwater Crossing, called the "Crossinghouse". 

I think it would be a neat idea to add an Inn here called The Crossing. Make the Innkeeper named Dasturn. An NPC that is named but doesn't exist. Pretty sure that was going to be Derkeethus's name but ties in nicely with that NPC dialogue. Makes sense for an Innkeeper to be telling tales or rumors and you have a nod towards cut content. Also let's be frank. After Mining all day how can you not have an Inn to relax???

Thanks Arthmoor!

I didn't find any problems with out of place harvestables. Not sure where exactly you're seeing them, but check with the 2.0.2 update and see.

I'll look at Hrefna for a later update. Certainly can't hurt to have her hanging out there from time to time.

"Crossinghouse" is Tormir's house now. Data suggested it belonged to her, but giving it a name seemed odd since only player homes have names.

Datsurn is Derkeethus. They changed his name at some point in development. Plus there's no more space for an inn without making some radical changes to the area I'd rather not make.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Version 2.0.3

Ownership on Meieran's barrels, chickens, and his bed was not set.
A cupboard inside Sondas' house clipped with a barrel next to it when opened.
Cooked slaughterfish in Tormir's house were clipped into the plates they were sitting on.
It was possible to get stuck between a rock and the bridge behind Meieran's house.

Hi Arthmoor,

Sorry to bump in here the same message that I had posted in Nexus, but for some reason the 2.0.2 ESP is identical to that of 2.0.3.

CRC-identical and also double checked in xEdit by comparing the 2 ESPs.

Any chance you have uploaded the wrong ESP to your 2.0.3 update?

Thanks!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Version 2.0.5

Missing an occlusion box under Meieran's house.

• 2 months later...

Version 2.0.6

Some broken border connections on the navmesh have been fixed.

• 4 months later...

Version 2.0.7

Synced with USSEP fixes over the last 4 years.
Enabled Rubbish Retrieval support on the town's fishing spot.

• 5 months later...

Version 2.0.8

Minor adjustments to landscape to reduce potential conflicts.
Navmeshes tweaked slightly for better navigation.
Updated USSEP synchronization.