[RELz] Cutting Room Floor

Arthmoor

Yes, just don't expect it to be happening quickly since there's a lot of tweaking that's going to need to be done to get it all in place. Especially since it all needs to take the state of the city into account or it won't make sense for them to run at all.

BTW,

(I don't want to start a new thread for such a minor thing, and for civil war there is another thread "Rebuilding the civil war")

did anyone look into those voice files that don't have their corresponding dialogue in ESM files?

For example, form id bd684, it has recorded voice "Get her, Torvar!" but the topic info has some other shared response. Can't say 100% this line is not used elsewhere, but it seems legit - developers at some point switched to a shared response, previous response line was not deleted. Most of such lines turns out to be voice actors saying "stub" or more or less duplicate lines, so I gave up looking into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Version 3.1.8

Several tier 7 Warlock actors were created for the game but never added to any of the leveled lists for Warlocks.
The quest script for the player alias in MGR12 did not include an Inventory Event Filter. (Bug #29068)
The scene where Olfrid confronts Vignar about stolen crops has been restored. This will only play if the siege of Whiterun has not yet happened, as it won't make sense afterward.
One of the added Imperial soldiers in Riften was not set up properly and became enabled all the time. This resulted in him being attacked by the Stormcloak guards which could also risk a city-wide melee due to the stray arrow shots.
Gestur Rockbreaker now has a house in Stonehills as he was supposed to.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Version 3.1.9

NPC investment dialogue is not checking the proper gold amount. This is a fix being applied which is detailed in USSEP Bug #29335.
Two cells of stray landscape edits were removed near Hoarfrost Grotto.

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2019 at 8:04 AM, Nihlo said:

Hey, got a question.

Without CRF you can find Ilas-Tei lying dead at a Talosshrine with his ring. With CRF installed which actually adds the quest to find him there is no body and the ring lies at the shrine. Is that intended ?

Or a kind of bug which only causes the body to spawn if you recieve the quest ?

ive downlaoded CRF and still the ring wont appear. anyone help?

well i have all the items and the quest wont appear and i try talking to the guy to give the items too and nothing happens.

• 1 month later...

The quest script for the player alias in MGR12 did not include an Inventory Event Filter. (Bug #29068)

On a very related note:

Arth_crf_cr03playeraliasscript has the same problem.  One possible solution:

Scriptname ARTH_CRF_CR03PlayerAliasScript extends ReferenceAlias
{Counts the number of skins for Aela's pelt collection quest. Handles dropping them too.}
	CR03QuestScript Property CR03 Auto
	state Running
	    Event OnItemAdded(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akSourceContainer)
	        CR03.CountSkins()
	    endEvent
	    Event OnItemRemoved(Form akBaseItem, int aiItemCount, ObjectReference akItemReference, ObjectReference akDestContainer)
	        CR03.CountSkins()
	    endEvent
	endState
	; subhuman - quick and dirty version, won't update immediately, but should be soon enough
event    OnInit()
	    RegisterForSingleUpdate(8.0)
	endEvent
	event    OnPlayerLoadGame()
	endEvent
	event    OnUpdate()
	; GetStage is a slow "convenience function".  Bad Arthmoor, no cookie for you!
    if (CR03.GetCurrentStageID() == 10)
        GoToState("Running")
        RemoveAllInventoryEventFilters()
        AddInventoryEventFilter(CR03.TargetSkins)
    else
        GoToState("")
    endIf
	endEvent

Edited.  Reason: code within spolier seemed to have destroyed the formatting.

Edited by subhuman
code inside spooler in original destroyed formatting

• 2 weeks later...

Can this mod be run with the other town update/added mods you have?  It seems like it may be doing the same thing in some places.  I think I've installed all the other mods so I just wanted to make sure this one isn't overwriting the others, or if they do overwrite, should this be placed last in the load order or first ahead of the other mods?

I realize the instructions say to put it near the top, but I wasn't sure if that's still true if I have all the other mods loaded also.

Thanks.

CRF works fine with my other village mods so you shouldn't have any issues with them.

It's best loaded somewhere in the middle, preferably right above the village grouping. If you're on PC, LOOT should be able to place it properly.

Are these updated on the BGS site also?  I've been loading all these through that site.  It says there the mod hasn't been updated since May 19th.

These updates were all just to clean up the readme files. Which aren't something we can attach over there anyway.

Version 3.1.10

Synced with the latest USSEP fixes.
Facegen for Ilas-Tei was pointing to the wrong folder for the texture data.
Fixed ownership on some of Heigen's items outside his house in Heljarchen. (Bug #31488)
Fixed several dialogue grammar errors, consistent with the accompanying USSEP update. (Bug #29790)
Fixed a pair of overlapped bushes outside the Nightgate Inn. (Bug #29780)
Ralof should no longer ditch his sleeveless armor after escaping into the keep in Helgen. (Bug #29658)
Aela should no longer lose her Skyforge Steel Dagger after Proving Honor (C01) is completed. This fix is not retroactive. (Bug #29595)
The guards in Heljarchen should now have proper guard dialogue. (Bug #29288)
They will also follow any changes to the guard uniforms in Dawnstar.
Mithorpa Nasyal and his two dogs have had their levels boosted to provide for better survivability when more advanced predators appear in the area of his farm. (Bug #29272)
Animal Pelt Collection (CR03) should no longer generate stack dumps. The inventory event filter was in the wrong section of the quest script. (Bug #29196)

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be better for some of your Town mod changes to be moved into CRF? I specifically wonder about Grelka's Shor's Stone house (you wrote it that she has it for some unused scenes of her interacting with townsfolk), Meieran fella from Darkwater Crossing (who's mentioned in dialogues but not present in the game) and Tassius Tragus' house.

It may seem minor and irrelevant but my reasons are:
1. This is after all a cut content so in my opinion it fully fits CRF's scope
2. Don't get me wrong but i'm kinda under impression that CRF is treated much more seriously when it comes to compatching things by mod authors than town mods. Because CRF is widely used and recognized, mods that conflict with CRF usually get compatches while incompatibilities between your Towns and mods are mostly overlooked.

Part of the reason those got added via the village mods is because the other stuff those mods add, which goes beyond cut content, would have then required a CRF patch to work together and I didn't really want to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again! I was wondering about one piece of cut content that afaik was understandably never added to CRF. I mean Lonely-Gale scenes from the time in development when he was Captain as in "Captain of the Guard" and not Captain-of-a-Ship-Captain. Obviously, they can't be restored to him, as they are explicitly stating that the speaker is captain of city guard... but, Skyrim is Skyrim and voicetypes are reused over and over again. From what i can tell, only one line names him as Lonely-Gale, and it is spoken at the very end of the scene (Ulfric: "Carry on, Lonely-Gale. And loosen yourself a bit.") and as such could be cut out without damaging the conversation. What i'm getting at: It would be perfectly fine to add *new* character, who would be captain of the guard and would perform in those 3 scenes. After all these are kinda nice scenes that provide some additional lore about Ulfric's relations with Dark Elves. It is a waste of good voiced dialogues. 

Btw. any ideas on how to bring back Idolaf-Vignar scene we talked about back ago? :) maybe Olfrid and Idolaf could get a package to visit Dragonsreach around same time as Vignar does for his scene with Balgruuf?

PS. Alternatively, with some effort that final line of dialogue could be tweaked to not have Lonely-Gale name in it. "Carry on. And loosen yourself a bit." sounds just as good.

• 1 month later...

CRF 3.1.10 worldspace 04000800 <DLC2SolstheimWorld> \ 040142EC \ Persistent \ 040143C1 Castle Karstaag Ruins has a unknown 59 error in TNAM data. Can I just make the entry Cave like Dragonborn.esm shows?

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like v3.1.11 is compatible with the Anniversary Edition but I wanted to be sure since it (CRF) was updated a day before you updated the USSEP. So my question is - if 3.1.11 is the correct version for Skyrim Anniversary Edition?

It is, but there is no "Anniversary Edition" per se. Just an SE update.

AE is only when you buy the $20 DLC package to go with the update, and CRF doesn't address anything in those DLCs.