[RELz] Cutting Room Floor

Arthmoor

Version 3.0.4

Froa should now move to Honorhall Orphanage if Keld and Iddra are both dead in Kynesgrove.
Tolfdir will no longer give out the Rogue Wizard quest before the Saarthal quest has been completed. This matches with his other radiant quest in the same manager branch.
If Uglarz is killed before returning to Narzulbur the quest will now properly fail as it should have.

• 2 weeks later...

Mithorpa Nasyal @ Barleydark Farm.

He shouldn't be a completely useless location. I can't think of a farm that doesn't let me sell the items at that farm in his fields to the owner for some gold and friendship if I collect the crops for them. Can you add him to these quests so he does at least SOMETHING? 

Can't be done. Dark Elf males don't have the voice lines to run that dialogue and I'm not adding in silent dialogue for that.

20 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

Can't be done. Dark Elf males don't have the voice lines to run that dialogue and I'm not adding in silent dialogue for that.

Thanks for the follow up Arthmoor.

That's completely understandable. I wouldn't want silent dialogue either. Shame. 

Some things about Frost River Farm.

If your intention is to restore things the way Bethesda planned to add them I think it's very out of the game's style to see the plants in their fields set for stealing. Again, normally you can harvest and sell stuff at any farm.

The husband obviously already gives a quest. Can the wife be set up?

This took me some time! Here's an updated front page Arthmoor. You are forgetting to tell people of stuff.

Implemented in This Mod

NPCs

Argi Farseer - Stonehills. Works in the mine, has a home in Stonehills, takes a random stroll around the mining camp at night.
Talib - Stonehills. Restored his house, works the mines.
Aleuc - Blacksmith in Stonehills. Has a house and slightly modified exterior forge area. Stonehills ought to be plenty populated now.
Captain Metilius - Castle Dour. Hangs around the war room during Bleak Falls Barrow or Jagged Crown, wanders the castle district outside otherwise. Will be disabled if the Stormcloaks have Solitude.
Grushnag - Placed with the Markarth Khajiit caravan and will travel with them. Serves as a guard due to the dangerous nature of The Reach.
Herebane Sorenshield - Added on the span of Kilkreath Ruins between the first and second interior areas. He will patrol the area there and is now carrying his named reward items too.
Karinda - Dagny's horse that was originally planned for use in the darker side of The Whispering Door. Just for show now though.
Mazgak - Added to the hunters in Bloated Man's Grotto.
Spirit of the Ancient Traveler - Added at Wayward Pass as was apparently intended.
Steirod - NPC planned for use at Irontree Mill.
Trilf - NPC planned for use at Irontree Mill.
Sulvar the Steady - Placed in Niranye's house, spends the rest of his time at the warehouse. It made no sense for him to spend his entire existence in her place.
Tasius Tragus - Added in the Dragon Bridge tavern. Doesn't do much other than sandboxing inside and outside. Sleeps at the inn. Supposedly is Varnius Junius' boss.
Thjollod - Added to the hunters in Bloated Man's Grotto.
Viding - Added to the hunters in Bloated Man's Grotto.
Mithorpa Nasyal - Dark Elf NPC assigned to Barleydark Farm.
Uglarz - Restored for Narzulbur, involved in a quest.
College Guard - A generic guard for the College of Winterhold. He'll now patrol the grounds, as well as stand watch during part of Revealing the Unseen and Containment, sleep upstairs in the Hall of Attainment, and assist your fight in Staff of Magnus (MG07) and Eye of Magnus (MG08).
Froa - Daughter of Kjeld and Iddra who is mentioned in at least two scenes but doesn't exist.
Ennodius Papius - Enabled since he has recorded dialogue available for before the Dark Brotherhood quest to kill him.
Guards restored for Half-Moon Mill who will use the cut dialogues for that location.
Orthorn has dialogue implying he'll return to the college at a later date. He will now go to the Frozen Hearth in Winterhold and sandbox there until the player becomes Archmage. At that point he will take up a normal routine at the College itself.
Hern will now be enabled by default so that he and Hert can both access their unique dialogue for when he's around. Killing him prior to the Dark Brotherhood contract was already accounted for by Bethesda.

Followers

Jenassa has been given bed linkage to the now vacant upstairs bedroom. Marrying her will now cause this to become a valid location to get the Lover's Comfort bonus. Her sandbox package in the location has also been modified so she'll make full use of the entire cell.
All of the hirelings, except Marcurio, had personal outfit entries that leveled with the player which were not being used. These have now been assigned.
Pack Spiders! You can now create a pack spider in White Ridge Barrow that can haul some extra loot for you. Be careful, they're fragile, and you can only have one following you at a time.
Glowing Spiders! Another spider you can also make in White Ridge Barrow that produces light while following you around. They will last for 2 in-game hours, or until killed, whichever comes first.

Items

Gallus' decoded journal - Will appear in Nightingale Hall next to the beds after the Twilight Sepulchur is done..
Falmer Supple Bow - A slightly better version of the normal Falmer bow. Added to 3 of the encounter varieties of Falmer. A tempering recipe has been provided as well.
Briarheart Geis - A special version of a Forsworn axe, now in the hands of the Briarheart at Lost Valley Redoubt.
Mzinchaleft Guard's Note - A note for the guards who are watching Maluril's room placed outside Maluril's door.
Habd's Death Letter - A note left behind by the former owner of Frostflow Lighthouse in Frostflow Abyss.
Sild's Staff - A unique item available on Sild the Warlock in Rannveig's Fast that summons subjugated ghosts.
Circle of Vitality - Added a new tome for the spell, plus completed the missing parts.
Stormcloak Cuirass (sleeved version) - An alternate version of the standard Stormcloak Cuirass that was never added to the game has been added to the leveled lists for Stormcloak gear.
Letter to Vals Veran - A short note that provides a bit of backstory to Vals Veran.
Robes & Boots - Several articles of clothing that were not added to leveled lists are now available.
Letter from Harkon - A short note carried by Malkus talking about Harkon's promise for finding a Moth Priest.
The Secrets of Ragnvald - Added to the room where Otar the Mad spawns.
Ghorbash's Ancestral Axe - Should be mounted over his bed in his longhouse.
An unsent letter from one of Peryite's afflicted has been placed in Bthardamz Workshop.
Letter to Vals Veran was added in Hillgrunds Tomb.
Imperial War Horn was added to General Tullius' quarters.
Nord War Horn was added to Ulfric's quarters.
The "Staff of Fading" was created to make use of the "Fade Other" staff enchantment that was left hanging. It has been added to the LItemStaffIllusion50 leveled list.
The "Staff of Fire Rune", "Staff of Frost Rune", and "Staff of Shock Rune" have been created to make use of the respective staff enchantments that were created but never used. The 3 staves have been added to the LItemStaffDestruction50 leveled list.
Crafting recipes have been added to Neloth's staff enchanting station for the Staff of Frost Rune, Staff of Fire Rune, Staff of Shock Rune, and Staff of Fade Other.
Scroll of Dead Thrall, Scroll of Dragonhide, Scroll of Flame Thrall, Scroll of Frost Thrall, and Scroll of Storm Thrall placed somewhere in the game.
Vampire armor outfits will now include the Vampire Gauntlets that were never used.

Spells

The Fade Other spell (invisibility cast on others) has been given a spell tome and added to Drevis Neloren's expert spells list.
Spectral Arrow - Spell tome reward for completing Treva's Watch.
Circle of Vitality has been completed and added to the game. It will become available when the Restoration Ritual is completed.
The original visual effects Bethesda made for Iron Flesh, Oak Flesh, Ebony Flesh, Stone Flesh, and Dragonhide have been restored.

Quests

Research Thief - An unfinished quest at the College of Winterhold. Nirya has something she'd like you to do. (Repeatable radiant quest)
Filling Soul Gems - Sergius Turrianus doesn't just want you to restock them, the lazy bum! (Repeatable radiant quest)
The Missing Apprentices - Phinis Gestor wants someone to find out what happened to the previous group of apprentices. Can now also be started via a notice pinned to the doorways in each of the major halls of the College.
Tolfdir the Absent-Minded - His alembic isn't the only thing he routinely misplaces! (Repeatable radiant quest)
Animal Pelt Collection - Restored a radiant quest for the Companions to collect animal pelts. Needed some logic tweaks and bugfix hacks to get it into useable shape.
Rogue Wizard - Tolfdir has more than just his absent-mindedness he needs help with. (Repeatable radiant quest)
Hitting the Books - An extra dialogue exchange was restored between the player and Mirabelle Ervine.
"A Wife For Mauhulakh" (name provided by CRF) - Chief Mauhulakh is lonely and longs for companionship.
Proving Honor - Aela can now be chosen as your shield-sibling if you do more work for her than Farkas.
Suppy Line - Frost River Farm needs help distributing their mead.
Shalidor's Insights - Added the missing fortify magicka scroll to the reward table.
Runil's Dark Past - Restored what little there is for this. Need to retrieve his journal first before the dialogue becomes available.
Mourning - NPCs who lose friends or loved ones may mourn the loss for a set period of time.

Scenes

DialogueRiftenRatway - Restored a non-functional dialogue scene between the player and two thugs in the Ratway entrance. (Disabled if Live Another Life is installed and Thieves Guild start is chosen)
DialogueWhiterun - Scene between Uthgerd the Unbroken and Skulvar Sable-Hilt at the Whiterun Stables.
DialogueWhiterun - Scene where Mikael thanks the audience for their applause as the player first enters the Bannered Mare.
DialogueWhiterun - Two cut lines of dialogue intended to be spoken by Eorlund Grey-Mane have been restored
DialogueDragonsreach - Vignar Gray-Mane will now sandbox in Dragonsreach 3 days out of the week if he's not the Jarl. This enables access to a scene that doesn't play due to him never going there otherwise.
DialogueGenericVigilantsOfStendarr - Restored dialogue for the Vigilants to confront the player when they are wearing/wielding a Daedric artifact item. (http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vigilants_of_Stendarr#Conversations)
++ Don't worry, if you surrender an item it won't be lost unless you want it to be - the Vigilants will whisk it away to their hall.
++ Yes, if Dawnguard is loaded the vault they speak of will be available in the exterior should you need it.
Windhelm - 2 scenes between Scouts-Many-Marshes and Ambarys unlocked by giving Scouts-Many-Marshes an AI pack to sandbox in the club after work.
Solitude - 3 scenes involvng Xander have been restored by giving him AI packages to go to each of the stores. He should visit Angeline's Aromatics on Tirdas and Turdas, Bits & Pieces on Middas, and Radiant Raiment on Fredas.
MS06StartPotemaEscapesScene - Removed condition blocking the dialogue from Potema's escape sequence.
Bleak Falls Barrow -Restored dragon encounter 
Falkreath - Restored a line of dialogue for Barbas in A Daedra's Best Friend (DA03) where you can ask him why Vile kicked him out.

Locations

Thalmor Justiciar HQ in Solitude - Populated with one commander and 4 justiciars who will disable if the Stormcloaks take Solitude. Banners changed from Imperial to Thalmor, and these banners will change again to Stormcloak ones if they take the city.
Castle Dour Tower - Restored access to an unused tower room above General Tullius' room. Captain Metilius will sandbox here for part of the day as well as sleep here since he has no bed otherwise.
Frost River Farm - The meadery occupies space in western Hjaalmarch, along the border area near Dragon Bridge. Goes with the Supply Line quest that was restored.
Irontree Mill - Restored a missing sawmill originally designated for Haafingar Hold. Haafingar has no adequate space for it, so it's just over the border with Hjaalmarch, located next to the newly restored Frost River Farm. Steirod and Trilf live and work here.
Trilf's House - Added with the relocation of Irontree Mill after discovering that there is a key and location data for a house. Since Steirod has nowhere else to go, he'll be living there too.
Barleydark Farm - Restored a farm with 2 guard dogs southwest of Fort Greymoor occupied by Mithorpa Nasyal. The location was already leveled out and labeled, just never actually built.
Stonehills - Restored the village which was intended to be placed here. (Argi Farseer's house, Aleuc's house [blacksmith], Talib's house)
Wintersand Manor - Nazeem & Ahlam's house, restored to the game at Chillfurrow Farm.
Maiden-Loom Manor - Lilith Maiden-Loom's house, restored to the game across from Whiterun Stables.
Cidhna Mine - Obscured Passage, restored and repurposed as an escape route out of the prison.
Frostbark Lumber Mill - The abandoned remains of the sawmill that Ganna tells you about in Kynesgrove but was never added to the game.
Heljarchen - The village which was intended to be placed surrounding Nightgate Inn has been restored. (Blacksmith, Alchemist, 2 farmhouses, and the NPCs who live in them)
Riften - Restores the southeast city gate to the game, which was boarded over prior to release for some reason.

Enemies

Forsworn Warlords have been added to the various Forsworn leveled lists they were never made a part of. You can begin encountering them at level 46 and above.

Other

Nightgate Inn can now be chosen by the game as a possible place for Sam to show up for A Night To Remember.
The goat pen mentioned in dialogue about Froa has been added behind the inn in Kynesgrove.
The residents of Heljarchen will now have proper grave sites if they get killed.
The added residents of Stonehills (Argi, Aleuc, Talib) will now have proper burial urns in Solitude if they are killed.
Restored the Omen of Warding and Stop Rune powers. These were originally designed as Black Book rewards but there is no book to place them in. Instead, they have been attached to standing stones hidden on Solstheim.
Added road signs to various intersections near Stonehills and Heljarchen for the two villages.
Froa should now move to Honorhall Orphanage if Keld and Iddra are both dead in Kynesgrove.

Credits

Hana - For a ton of beta testing my characters weren't able to do. Bethesda's rat's nest never stood a chance!
Hana again - For the road sign resources used to make the new signs.
nonoodles - Meshes used for the restored Riften southeast gate.

• 1 month later...

Version 3.0.5

Floating bush in Heljarchen grounded. (Bug #23008)
Nirya has been added to the potential marriage faction so she can be married after Research Thief is done. (Bug #22978)
Ash Spawns will now carry the Black-Heart Blight disease. (Bug #22966)
The giant at the end of Fallowstone Cave will now wield his unique enchanted club. (Bug #22962)
The guard at the southeast gate should handle the encounter properly if the player has not yet dealt with the one at the north gate. (Bug #22915)
Supply Line (FreeformFrostRiver) should now properly randomize 3 delivery locations once you've completed it the first time. (Bug #22910)
The random encounter involving the wandering noble and his bodyguard should also have generated a female companion. She has now been added to the encounter data. (Bug #22838)
Hoarfrost Grotto has been completed and connected to the game. (Bug #22833)

• 4 weeks later...

I need to ask about what happen in my game earlier this evening.  I was travel South West of Riften and out of sudden a Mad Woman, with the same clothing as the female NPC that find you and tell you that she escaped Mitchwatch.

Is the Mad Woman included in CRF?  Why I ask, because she acted a bit strange since she follow me inside Riften via the South city gate and all that time she mumble about something I didn't hear clearly.

3 hours ago, Leonardo said:

I need to ask about what happen in my game earlier this evening.  I was travel South West of Riften and out of sudden a Mad Woman, with the same clothing as the female NPC that find you and tell you that she escaped Mitchwatch.

Is the Mad Woman included in CRF?  Why I ask, because she acted a bit strange since she follow me inside Riften via the South city gate and all that time she mumble about something I didn't hear clearly.

If I remember right, she appears after doing the Wabbajack quest. I think she is part of the vanilla game.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 3.0.6

Trilf should now be properly running the sawmill at Irontree Mill. (Bug #23227)
The random encounter with the wandering noble should now properly clean up after itself. This will not fix encounters that have already spawned though.
A bush was clipping with the fence in Kynsegrove, and it was possible to get stuck between the hay bales and the inn if you jumped up on them and tried to walk behind. (Bug #23223)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the update. :)

Although, I wonder if the quest for Borvir's Dagger was restored in CRF since the quest was meant to be a vanilla quest for the College in Winterhold, but cut out from the game for unkown reason.

That's part of the Missing Apprentices quest, so yes, it's been restored and has been for some time now.

There isn't much of anything significant left that can be cleanly salvaged. I'd also never consider reviving something with no recorded dialogue.

• 3 weeks later...

DialogueGenericVigilantsOfStendarr - Restored dialogue for the Vigilants to confront the player when they are wearing/wielding a Daedric artifact item. (https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Vigilants_of_Stendarr#Conversations)

Is this scene being performed when the player have Azura's Star or the Dawnbreaker in the inventory?

Why I ask is because both Azura and Meridia are not considered to be *evil* to mortals.

I also wonder if anyone have asked for a map marker for the cave entrance to Dayspring Caynon as it's the only way to discover the Dawnguard HQ for the first time in-game.

Yes, dawnbreaker triggers the previously missing dialogue (I witnessed it myself). IDK about Azura's star but if I remember correctly the dialogue triggers by checking keywords on inventory items, so I think it would happen too...

Dayspring canyon : setting up a map marker will not help much if the associated quest objective doesn't point on it. And here it would be a modification, not a bug fix.

2 hours ago, Nico coiN said:

Dayspring canyon : setting up a map marker will not help much if the associated quest objective doesn't point on it.

IIRC, there is a quest marker as a direction for the player to the Dayspring Caynon once the first Dawnguard quest is active in the journal and even the clairvoyance spell is pointing to the Dayspring Caynon entrance in-game.

Regardless, adding a map marker is not within scope for this mod. It's not something they cut from the game.

• 2 months later...

Version 3.0.7

Enabled a cut line in the ending scene of the civil war for the Stormcloak side where Ulfric calls the empire obsolete.
Restored the unused Ring of Khajitti to the game. The ring will provide a 100% Muffle enchantment and fortify Sneak by 35 points. This is the closest approximation Skyrim's engine has to wearable invisibility. Appears in Nightingale Hall once the Thieves Guild quest is over.
A potato bush at Frost River Farm was marked as owned when it should not be. (Bug #24190)
Removed cobwebs from Thalmor HQ. Elves don't like spiders.
Research Thief (FreeformWinterholdCollegeA) is not logically set up to be a repeating quest and so it should not be offered again once completed.

• 1 month later...

Version 3.0.8

The Ring of Khajitti was not added to the list of Daedric artifacts that the Vigilants will confiscate.
The modified file for the Ring of Khajitti ground object was left out of the archive.

• 3 months later...

Version 3.0.9

The unimplemented Gold Sapphire Necklace has been added to the game. Should properly count for gifts to children and appear in amulet leveled lists at level 20.
Navmesh cleaning has been done with updated versions of xEdit.
The shader effects for Oak Flesh, Stone Flesh, Iron Flesh, Ebony Flesh, and Dragonhide have been edited to only show on skin.

• 1 month later...

Version 3.1.0

Added a blacksmith and extra farmhand for the Frost River Meadery. Gave the whole location a new map marker labeled "Frost River" since it appears as though this was to have been a small village and not just a meadery + lumber mill.
Restored Rogen to the game and placed in the new farmhouse to be married to the new farmhand. He will be killed as part of the "Profit" questline for Dawnguard. It appears he had been intended to play the role of the carriage driver.
Fixed a bug with the investment option at the apothecary in Heljarchen.
Repositioned the Frost Thrall scroll due to placement fixes in USSEP.
Windhelm's stable was supposed to have a sign that was never placed.
The Sleeved Stormcloak Armor was missing the amulet slot fix applied to the regular version from USSEP. (Bug #25300)

Note: If you are using Point The Way, you will need to update that as well or there will be duplicate sets of road signs just west of Frost River.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried Cidhna Mine quest today for the very first time (had to do it 3 times because of annoying bugs). Thought that CRF added an additional tunnel, but we came out in town. Checked Left Hand Mine, can see the new door. SSEEdit says data seems to be in place. What did I miss?