[RELz] Ars Metallica - Smithing Enhancement

Arthmoor

• 9 months later...

Hi @Arthmoor

I've noticed some of your mods are now list twice in the creations menu on Xbox.

Ars Metallica, Run for your lives and even the Unofficial patch.

I looked at bethnet and the ones that don't have (Xbox1)  in the title appear to be cross platform.

Should xbox users now install these ones on a new playthrough?

Are the ones labelled as xbox going to be discontinued?

Or is it a bug in bethnet?

Yes, the updated website allows for mod pages to offer more than one platform, which ultimately was supposed to help cut down on the number of repeat pages and repeat work in setting them up.

Unfortunately because of how they did the redirections from the old URLs things end up breaking when someone tries to pick up where they left off before the update.

The result is that now the mods I've had time to update so far will have one page with both PC and XB1 on them, and another where it's just the old XB1 copies. I've updated both pages in each case, but in the end the goal is eventually to drop the separate XB1 pages.

For any new mods going up this shouldn't be a problem, it only affects the ones that were already there.

There's also been some claims that XB1 users are able to download the PC versions of mods. I don't think this would actually work, but on the off chance it does, it won't matter for my mods since the PC and XB1 copies are all identical anyway.

Thanks for clearing that up. It did look like the PC version was being downloaded originally because the file size was different but since you updated the old xb1 copies they're both the same now.

There's apparently one thing you need to watch out for. If you download from one of the dual-platform updates AND still keep the original XB1 upload as well, apparently the game will list them both in your load order. Since I don't own a console I can't say for sure if that's going to cause problems or not, so I'd personally suggest using the combined pages where possible. I will be continuing to update those over the course of the next few days/weeks.

Thanks. I did end up with two versions of a couple of mods. The mod browser seems to auto download some of the mods now if your load order is saved to the bethesda servers. No harm done though. I'm waiting for Garthand to update the creation club patch before starting a new playthrough. I'll use the combined versions of your mods when i do.

Edited by Malacath

• 1 month later...

Don't know if you monitor this thread, but I downloaded your metallica mod from within the Skyrim game Creation Kit (PC) and it won't activate, saying a necessary file is missing. The only other mod running is Archery Tweaks. It's the current SE version. Any idea what's broken?

Edited by ericinLA
revised to add detail.

This Ars Metallica Mod also requires the current version of the Unofficial Patch.  See the REQUIRED link in the mod page (at the bottom).