[RELz] Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Arthmoor

Version 4.2.1

Updated USSEP synchronization.
Fixed a landscape anomaly at the Khajiit Caravan start location.

• 2 weeks later...

To Arthmoor , I'm probably not the first to report this problem and will probably not be the last but I found the current version of Alternate Start: Live another Life wasn't  working with the most recent version of SKyrim SE/AE the game acts as if the mod isn't even installed  I've tried rolling back a couple of versions but still no go had to Roll all the way back to version 4.0.1 of ASLAL before the game would even run the mod.

System : Intel 8th Gen 8086K @4Gigs , 48 Gigs of Ram  Video Card Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti 8Gig variant  Windows 11  all drivers updated

Skyrim SE/AE Version 1.6.1130.0 SKSE Version 2.2.5  version of Alternate Start live another life version 4.2.1/4.2.0  (the one that is giving me problems LOL :) )

Mod Manager Vortex  ver.1.9.10

running this on a barebones  mod list (very few  to almost no mods ( SKSE  FNIS  unofficial patch and not too much else - your mod was at the very bottom curtesy of LOOT

P.S last known working version of Alternate Start that worked before i updated was 4.1.4

Yes, as has been mentioned in several places now, this is due to issues with the SSE Engine Fixes plugin. Specifically with the achievements enabler part. If you disable that portion of it, things should come back to normal.

It may not be strictly limited to that one plugin though so if that doesn't fix it, you should get rid of them ALL and check it again. Then reapply them one at a time until it breaks again.

This is not something that's broken with LAL and you'll find that when LAL isn't working, none of your other mods are active either.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Arthmoor for your insight , it's been awhile since i've modded skyrim and never had problems with your mods before this since the changes to how Skyrim SE/AE mods  behaves in the last two to three years, specifically how mods that take advantage of SKSE - one of the utilities/mods that hasn't changed, when I install it i always do a check by running the game and opening the console and do a check version to see that it is indeed up and running.

Because of all these changes I've taken to Steam Forums for modding tutorial and have been following that however when i downloaded the new version of Live another life it was wasn't behaving as expected and the author of the tutorial hadn't mention the tweak you talked about. I will be created notes to help me going forward.

Again thank you for your time.