[RELz] Alternate Start - Live Another Life

Arthmoor

Those are all text changes, which I'll get to carrying through at some point, but you're fine if you carry them over now until I can get to it.

So long as you're not waiting on me to put it up on Nexus. While they're insistent on revoking control over what we do with our files is an ongoing thing, I won't be updating anything there anymore.

What do they want now? From what the T&C says:

you are granting an infinite, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license for Nexus Mods to store, distribute, copy or reproduce, edit, translate, reformat, publicly display, or perform the submitted content, at our discretion

Has the "edit" condition always been there I wonder? A mod edit by Nexus surely must take place in consultation with the author. Can the submitter of the file perform an action which counters any of their non-exclusive rights wrt above? There's only an excerpt from this which says:

You only retain the rights to files you have uploaded to a Nexus Mods site

Do they have anywhere an updated description of what a mod author's rights actually are? In the past, it seemed to work quite harmoniously, at least on the surface.

3 hours ago, lmstearn said:

Has the "edit" condition always been there I wonder? A mod edit by Nexus surely must take place in consultation with the author.

It is my assumption that by "edit" they mean the accompanying text (description page, comments, ect) rather than the mod itself.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:24 AM, Pseron Wyrd said:

It is my assumption that by "edit" they mean the accompanying text (description page, comments, ect) rather than the mod itself.

:D Good catch. Still, it's no easy task to locate their definition of edit, and in the case of description pages, moderation edits would be far and few between. @Arthmoor's concerns may be with that or something else there, but to avoid derailing this thread any further, a thread is posted here:

Version 4.1.5

Synced with the latest USSEP fixes.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Edited out question: Nevermind, figured out my question, thanks for such an amazing mod!

Edited by SleepyWill
Answered my own question

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking of starting as a Thalmor and have read some old rumors that this breaks the Thalmor Embassy quest in the main quest line. Is this still the case or has this been fixed? Thanks

There was one version a long time ago shortly after adding that start where I had missed one trigger box that resulted in the MQ getting borked. This was fixed then, when Skyrim didn't even have the LE version yet.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

I don't need help anymore, it was my own user error that the mod didn't work.

I fixed it now and its working great. Thank you very much for updating it to SkyrimSE (AE)!

• 1 month later...

That's something that will be addressed in a future update. Geraldine will take over if Savlian is killed, but if they're both dead then there's nobody left to deal with that stuff.

though it is kind of immersion breaking for some people, I have a list of people in the main game i set to essential before i click the Mara statue in alternate start. 

I always hated Meko dying from Warzones, so i fixed it. if you find that the NPC needs to die, set them back to non-essential.

in console;

help "npc-name" 4

setessential #ID-from-above 1

- or -

setessential #ID-from-above 0

be careful as this can break quests sometimes. ALWAYS make a save before you do anything in console.

• 4 months later...

Version 4.1.7

If Savlian Shoal is killed and Geraldine is still alive, she will take over administering the profits for the farmhouse start. If they are BOTH killed though, the profits quest will end as usual. (Bug #29448)

• 1 month later...

Greetings! When looking at the write-up above, it mentions in the "Attacked and Left for Dead" option that "With proper setup, any location in Tamriel or Solstheim in any mod can be made to work with this. See the extension documentation for details." Where would I find this documentation? I have an idea for a place I'd like to start and I'm hoping I can maybe figure out a way to choose a "Left for Dead" option and start at a specific location instead of being random. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it. I know nothing about mod creation/editing or using Creation Kit. I'm lost on the second step of "Once loaded into the CK". So, I think this may be way over my head. Thanks anyway!

Version 4.1.8

Moved the call to disable the bed until after the player is moved out of the Abandoned Prison. This will prevent the skeleton and regular bed from momentarily being visible when the fake bed is activated. (Bug #32508)
When choosing a property start, the ownership achievement is never given to the player as it normally would when purchasing a home the regular way.
When choosing the Breezehome start, Lydia is not marriable because this is normally set when purchasing Breezehome from the steward instead of being handled normally like all the other housecarls.

1 hour ago, ernel2021 said:

How do I download?

Download links can be found in the opening post of this thread.

Version 4.1.9

Synced with the latest USSEP fixes.

• 4 weeks later...

Version 4.2.0

When choosing the vanilla start, the player is never placed back into handcuffs. Fix provided by arranz.
Camera controls are enabled prematurely on the boat ride to Solstheim when choosing to arrive by ship there. Fix provided by arranz.

• 5 months later...