Arthmoor

On 6/18/2018 at 6:40 PM, Easykiln said:

What exactly should I be aware of?

Below is what you should be aware of.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:08 AM, Arthmoor said:

Mods which alter the following quests will not be compatible without a patch:

MQ101 - Unbound
MQ102 - Before the Storm
DialogueWhiterunGuardGateStop - Guard who stops you at the Whiterun city gate.
WERoad01 - Farmer refugees after dragon attack

Mods which edit the following scripts will not be compatible unless patched:

dunPostHelgenEnableScript
QF_MQ101_0003372B
QF_MQ102_0004E50D
QF_DialogueWhiterunGuardGateS_000D1984
TIF__0005A6A6
TIF__0005A6B1
TIF__000D50CA
TIF__000D50DB
TIF__000D50E0
TIF__000D197B
TIF__000D660D
TIF__000E2D03

Version 4.0.6

A required script to assist with faction hostility was missing from the archive.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.0.7

The marker object that updates Helgen to be occupied by bandits has been replaced with a dedicated one internal to LAL so that this mod can now be loaded before Open Cities where it should really go. This will eliminate a compatibility problem with region and location data in Whiterun.

• 1 month later...

Version 4.0.8

The storage chest for the Vigilants start will only enable as yours if you've actually picked that start. (Bug #24648)
The end table used for the Argonian start will only enable as yours if you've actually picked that start. (Bug #24648)
Belethor should no longer speak of dragons before they have been enabled. (Bug #23513)
Removed an unnecessary navmesh edit east of Shoal's Rest Farm that was conflicting with Legacy of the Dragonborn.

• 5 months later...

Hey Arthmoor,

I'm getting a hard crash outside of Helgen and I've been trying to figure out what is causing it. I'm ~ 75% sure that it is not meshes or textures I've been over my load order multiple times.

The ONLY mod that changes any Navmesh in block 0,-1 sub block 0, -3 is Alt Start for the campsite in cell 1, -18 ... I looked at Navmesh edits in all the cells around Helgen in xEdit.

[NAVM:000EC740] (in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of ARTHLALCampsite [CELL:000097EF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 1,-18)) - record ID for navmesh in question.

This is happening after Dragon Rising, so the bandits should be in Helgen - actually they are, I got close enough to Eastern gate to see them. It crashes if I get closer. Around on the North side approaching Helgen gate the crash happens well before getting to the gate.

What is bugging me is that I used the Camping in Woods start, I took a left and went to Falkreath first then came back through Helgen to pick up the Alt start book. No crashes until after Bleak Falls, Whiterun, dragon at watchtower and now back to Helgen area where I'm getting the crash.

Any ideas?

Edited by Jebbalon
added record id

Well, I'm not sure what is causing crash at Helgen ( see above )
I did remove the edit to that Navmesh from Alt Start - Thing is that the adjacent cells are not also edited. There is landscape changes. So, not sure if the navmesh was finalized or what. Doesn't that do the borders and add adjacent cells to the mod?

Anyway, The save that is crashing didn't change. I suspect that something is baked into save.

I started a new game using the camping in the woods start. Ran around Helgen just fine, went to Whiterun via Bleak Falls Barrow, killed Mirmulnir, and returned to helgen to check it out. No crashes but the fires were still burning. Left for a day and the fires were out but no bandits. 
Looked in CKit to find that you have to wait 4 days and visit Whiterun to enable the bandits in Helgen. Did that and ran back there - no crashing!

I did run NifOptimizer on lots of my load order that had loose files - not everything. Maybe it caught something, but that save is still crashing.

I wish I could figure it out. To me it seems to crash when cell 3, -20 is loading in. That is cell with entrance to Helgen Keep and Western Gate and where the opening scene carts stop. In CKit I viewed from way above helgen with -B-orders turned on. You can see the 5x5 grid that is loaded in fairly well when you do that. 3, -20 is the cell that would be loading when I approached from the north and again from the east. It's not adjacent to the campsite so..... I have no idea what's going on.

Anyway, ramble over.
Going to start new new game and hope that this doesn't come up again.
Thanks

Version 4.0.9

Added support for Shadowfoot Sanctum DLC.
Added support for my Granite Hill inn as a starting position.

29 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Sounds exiting! :bigcookie:

But without an updated SKSE64, I will have to wait.

• 4 months later...

Version 4.1.0

A light has been added over the bed in the starting cell.
Added support for my Oakwood inn as a starting position.

Yes, soon :P

As soon as the stupid thing stops screwing up the use of vanilla dialogue anyway.

Version 4.1.1

The anti-cheat script was not taking vanilla quest starts into account.

• 1 month later...

Version 4.1.2

Shady Sam's voice setting was not able to deliver merchant lines. (Bug #27176)
The inn choice for Oakwood was not flagged properly and would show up no matter what. Obviously this doesn't work if Oakwood isn't installed. (Bug #27204)
The anti-cheat script was still not accounting for having passed the portions of the vanilla MQ that should be disabling it.

• 4 months later...

Version 4.1.3

Lighting at the farmhouse start has been adjusted.
A script needed to keep bandits from showing up in Helgen before the proper time had been accidentally left out of the archive during the last update.

• 7 months later...

I know you've written a how-to on making custom extensions for Alternate Start, but is there a way we can put mod-added inns in the Inn Patron Start inn list? 

I think it is possible as Arthmoor have done that for a couple of his town/village mods.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:51 PM, Arthmoor said:

On 7/21/2019 at 4:50 AM, Arthmoor said:

Added support for my Oakwood inn as a starting position.

Yeah, I saw that. Any idea how it would work? I've been trying to figure out how to add the ones in Inns and Taverns. I got as far as looking into the CK at the quests and I think I can add them as additional dialog and I need to script them? I'm not much into the mod creation side so any help is appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Version 4.1.4

An edit to a bush across from the Old Hroldan Inn has been removed. It was a leftover from when the Redguard start was across the road.
Synced with the latest USSEP fixes.
After picking your starting choice, a skeleton will now appear on the bed in the prison cell once you've left.

I installed the update, and now it claims I cannot install since it depends on files that aren’t present. Any advice? I’m using on Xbox One

You're missing a requirement - the USSEP. I forgot to tag it when I uploaded it, but that's why.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

This mod is not longer carrying forward changes made by USSEP to MQ102. Shall I wait for an update or just carry them forward myself in XEdit?

2021-06-28 19_35_02-Greenshot.png