[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

USSEP 4.2.7 is now available. The first post has all the juicy details.

Please keep in mind that in accordance with our plans, this update REQUIRES the Fishing, Survival, Rare Curios, and Saints & Seducers DLCs that were added to the base game in November's SSE 1.6 update.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FYI for those who were waiting for it, Garthand has updated the Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches on Nexus.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

FYI for those who were waiting for it, Garthand has updated the Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches on Nexus.

If I got the AE full update version I take I need this beside the regular USP from this website?

On 6/20/2022 at 3:40 AM, Uncus said:

If I got the AE full update version I take I need this beside the regular USP from this website?

Sorry for the very late reply, but if you're still wondering.  Yes, you need both patches. 

Well, I found the duplicated sign-up process for the bug tracker so irritating, if not sadistical, that having finally passed it just for the challenge, I felt totally disinclined to venture any further, and I am unlikely to use it unless I encounter something I can't fix for myself.

But this time, because I had this info already at hand, I will place it here for you to do with as you please:

Bug: Fort Sungard cannot be cleared of pre-CW squatters as other similar forts can.

Cause: One of the squatting forsworn appears inside a structure and cannot be reached and dealt with without the console.

Solution: In Skyrim.esm, link ACHR 046593 (NPC_ LvlForswornMissilePoisoner) to REFR 05223C (STAT XMarker) rather than REFR 02BDC0 (STAT ImpExtBldgMid03).

• 2 months later...

I can't access an account on the bugtracker, but there's a regression with Sven (and other followers who share his voice lines/actor) where he says "i suppose master neloth won't mind". I think this was supposed to be fixed in UDBP 1.0.2, but this bug seems to have returned. I have checked SSEEdit for anything strange, but none of the mods I use touch anything related to him.

Edit: The LOOT team removed UHDAP from their masterlist. This means that the load order wasn't correct. USSEP has to be loaded after UHDAP. This was the reason why this bug, and all other audio bugs, returned.

Edit LOOT user rules and add UHDAP to the Creation Club group (and if you have OCD align the numbers of the en0 to en04, haha). Problem solved.

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     ccBGSSSE001-Fish.esm
254 FE   0 ccQDRSSE001-SurvivalMode.esl
254 FE   1 ccBGSSSE037-Curios.esl
  6  6     ccBGSSSE025-AdvDSGS.esm
  7  7     Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
254 FE   2 UHDAP - en0.esp
254 FE   3 UHDAP - en1.esp
254 FE   4 UHDAP - en2.esp
254 FE   5 UHDAP - en3.esp
254 FE   6 UHDAP - en4.esp
254 FE   7 UHDAP - MusicHQ.esp
  8  8     SkyUI_SE.esp
  9  9     SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
 10  a     Gildergreen Regrown.esp
 11  b     TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
254 FE   8 CBBE.esp
 12  c     Cutting Room Floor.esp
 13  d     Run For Your Lives.esp
 14  e     Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
 15  f     Bring Out Your Dead.esp
 16 10     The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
 17 11     TimingIsEverything.esp

Edited by jbrianj
Found the reason.

USSEP 4.2.8 has been released. First post has the details.

One thing to be aware of - since Bethesda included their own fix to the fish display plaques, we have removed ours from the distribution. If you are monitoring your Papyrus logs, you will see two big chunks of errors. One of those will be related to the USSEP 4.2.7 retroactive update script saying several variables are no longer present. This is normal and expected.

The other chunk of errors is due to an implementation mistake on Bethesda's part that they are aware of. As of this post, we are not sure what the specific error the log is reporting means and don't have a solution as of yet, but delaying our update any longer was no longer feasible as it's needed in order to properly handle the 1.6.629 game update. If we're able to figure out what the issue with Bethesda's plaque fix is, we'll let them know. If necessary we'll include it temporarily in a follow up release, but hopefully it won't come to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone currently tested this against 1.6.659 please? Additionally, this needs an urgent check as this is the base version for the GOG release of Skyrim!!

On 9/29/2022 at 10:31 PM, Phinnous Ande said:

Anyone currently tested this against 1.6.659 please? Additionally, this needs an urgent check as this is the base version for the GOG release of Skyrim!!

The .exe is different, but AFAIK the game files are untouched, and USSEP doesn't touch or inject anything into the main process, unlike SKSE and CommonLib mods. This means USSEP should be safe to use, unless the GOG version has any changes into the way the game handles ESM/ESP/ECL files, but I doubt it will cause any issues. Most SKSE mods don't work properly right now due to a bug in SKSE GOG version, so it will not be USSEP's fault.

It's been checked and works fine on the GoG version. All of the game data files are identical to the Steam release.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, xbk123 said:

Is there a way to still download earlier version for 1.6.353? Thank you.

From Arthmoor's post in this thread, written on 11/12/2021: 

"As per normal policy with game updates, no, we will NOT provide access to a previous version of the patch."

Version 4.2.9 of USSEP has been released and should be available on all platforms by the time you read this.

• 2 weeks later...

Arthmoor,

Regarding the fix to High Gate Ruins, I ran into that problem several months back and couldn't get past that floor puzzle because it had reset and the levers all just snapped back into place when pulled, so after I updated my USSEP I went to try it out, and nothing has changed fpr me.  I KNOW it's been more than 30 game days since I was in there.  Am I missing something with the new trigger?  In other words, is there some new thing in the room that I have to push or pull to open up the floor?  Or should it just be open now, cuz it sure isn't.

Thanks!

You should be able to just walk into the room. It will silently open the grate for you. The state of the puzzle isn't important unless you haven't advanced the dungeon quest far enough. There's a stage check to prevent our bypass from triggering before you've reached that point.

I've verified the bypass is working too. I pulled up several of my saves where I'd gotten past that point, one of which hadn't yet fully completed the whole quest. All of them were able to get through the grate just fine. The ones who had also finished everything else were also able to get past the second blockage at the end of the dungeon.

The weird thing about this is, when I installed the update, and loaded my most recent save, which was outside Lakeview, the game crashed, and the Xbox then wasn't able to load Skyrim because it was taking too long. Once I unplugged the power cord and waited to turn it back on, it was then able to load.  I just deleted the USSEP and reinstalled it fresh, tried to load the outside Lakeview save, and again it crashed.  BTW, Lakeview doesn't seem to be very different, so I have no idea at this point if the patch updates are working for me (pre-existing things seem to be working fine).  Has anyone else had any problems with the game crashing after installing the update?

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find where to report an issue,so I just leave it here. In Dragonsreach there is a small gap on one wall mesh (WRIntCastleWallStrTrans512).  More informative Console said that this mesh lastly was changed by Unofficial patch, so I suggested that it's cause an issue.  I have no other mods that alters Dragonsreach interior meshes or textures for this particular mesh. Mod  version 4.2.9a. Here are some screenshots with issue and some more information from the console (all mods that possibly could cause issues with meshes were disabled on first three screenchots), may it will be useful (removing an entry with SSEEdit solved this problem).

enb2023_6_15_22_28_38.png

ScreenShot3.png

ScreenShot4.png

AfterRemovingEntry.png

Meh.

Issue #32779. So, you should have the exact same mirror issue at the other side of the room. I can't check atm, but it 's very possible that moving the wall part to close a gap opens another one at the other end/corner. Mesh editing required.

1 hour ago, Nico coiN said:

Meh.

Issue #32779. So, you should have the exact same mirror issue at the other side of the room. I can't check atm, but it 's very possible that moving the wall part to close a gap opens another one at the other end/corner. Mesh editing required.

Yeah, there is a gap on the other side of the room (mesh name WRIntCastleWallStrTrans512R). I'll try to fix it, but have no any experience in it =)

UPD. Fixed both meshes in Blender, can share them if needed

Edited by Agata14

I'm sure everyone already knows, but USSEP 4.3.0 was released today to properly support the Skyrim 1.6.1130 update. All of the changes for this version are in the first post.

5 hours ago, Arthmoor said:

USSEP 4.3.0 was released today to properly support the Skyrim 1.6.1130 update.

Hooray! I see that you began working on it earlier, as it mentions [Official Patch 1.6.1126].

The first thing that stands out to me is undoing the swap of ebony to Northwind Mine. As you painstakingly copied a long discussion from the old tracker to the new tracker (https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=1118):

As for all the serendipity, it would seem to be a bit more than just a large coincidence that you have two mines near each other both with smelters and exactly the same number of veins. Almost as though someone went "doh, not enough ebony" and was fixing that only to be told to make it iron instead because someone else put another ebony mine in elsewhere.

The deeper one goes with this, the more this looks like a giant communications clusterfuck than anything else.

I was in strong agreement with the original change.

The new ticket (https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=33087) says:

Sources Bethesda very clearly intended to be available to low level characters outside of quest locked locations. Those nodes need to be preserved.

Again, I'm in very strong agreement. Northwind is/was not quest locked. The skeletons were easier than nearly any other location. It has a smelter, so ingots can be made to limit carry weight. Ebony is a higher level ore, so moving it higher in location matched. Ideal location!

Since #1118, https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=12864 and https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=14792 update the flags, so quests now show up, and the cleared flag delays the respawn time from 10 to 30 dsys.

Anyway, I'd have preferred a more detailed discussion somewhere. It didn't get any on our tracker, as it wasn't open very long. Was there some discussion that I've missed?

Edited by DayDreamer

I'm a bit confused. The first post states that 4.3.0 ist for Version 1.6.1130 and it is for Steam, GOG, EPIC.

But on GOG the version is still 1.6.659. Can I use 4.3.0 on this version or do I need to use 4.2.9 with the GOG version?

You will need to continue using 4.2.9 with the GOG version until the GOG version is updated. Trying to use 4.3.0 without the update will break the game.

And, yeah, the first post is a bit confusing at the moment because not all versions of the game have been updated yet.

Edited by Wolfborn