[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

15 minutes ago, GlitterMeThis said:

Thanks! I thought so, but wanted to make double sure. Do I need to wait for Garthands CC patches, considering I have the full SAE upgrade? Before modding in general, I mean?

Garthand's patches are not updated for CCs yet, so don't use those. 

Garthand noted this in Nexusmods sticky:

PLEASE NOTE: You should NOT use this patch with the updated CC, (both the new releases and the updates for the old CC), as it will absolutely cause problems. If you've updated to AE or updated any of your individual CC items, please hold off on using this patch until version 6.0 comes out.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18975?tab=posts

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Woorloog said:

Why would people stick to pre-AE version forever? (Temporarily, sure.)
Updating mods always takes time, some never get updated but this can happen for any reason, this has never been any different.

Because some DLL mods and such will probably not be updated for AE due to the sheer time it would take to update to the new coding. Hell the author of SSE Fixes said he isn't going to update his mod to AE.

I accidentally upgraded to 4.2.6 when I didn't mean to and now the game won't load. Is there something I can do? Do I have to update SKSE64 too?

35 minutes ago, MunchkinNerd said:

I accidentally upgraded to 4.2.6 when I didn't mean to and now the game won't load. Is there something I can do? Do I have to update SKSE64 too?

First, verify your files on Steam.  There have been reports of things not downloading/installing correctly.  The verify should at least make sure all the files are there. 

6 hours ago, Scythe Bearer said:

First, verify your files on Steam.  There have been reports of things not downloading/installing correctly.  The verify should at least make sure all the files are there. 

Thank you!

We've issued a hotfix for 4.2.6 to address the Twin Souls perk getting broken.

• Like 2

First of all, a big thanks for the hard work put into this mod.

However, I may have found a possible bug: when enabling the USSEP mod the shield and weapon racks won't accept items anymore. Gear that were already placed on them can be removed however, but nothing happens if you click on an empty Weapon/Shield Rack despite having a weapon or shield equipped.

This issue was tested and confirmed on a pure vanilla save that hasn't been affected by other mods before. I also tested the issue by disabling USSEP on my modded savegame without removing any other mods and the issue would then immediately go away. Thus I feel quite certain that the rack interaction issue is caused by USSEP.

Work around for now is to save and quit to menu, disable the USSEP mod, load game, add items to racks, then save and quit back to menu, reenabling the USSEP mod. Gear I place in those racks are gear I don't plan to use and are just for aesthetics so I personally don't need to do this very often, but I'm still worried I might break something in the process of disabling and reenabling the mod in the middle of a game.

I understand that this might probably be a low priority concern during the current AE update process, but I thought I at least let you guys know. :3

7 hours ago, ShadowTani said:

First of all, a big thanks for the hard work put into this mod.

However, I may have found a possible bug: when enabling the USSEP mod the shield and weapon racks won't accept items anymore. Gear that were already placed on them can be removed however, but nothing happens if you click on an empty Weapon/Shield Rack despite having a weapon or shield equipped.

This issue was tested and confirmed on a pure vanilla save that hasn't been affected by other mods before. I also tested the issue by disabling USSEP on my modded savegame without removing any other mods and the issue would then immediately go away. Thus I feel quite certain that the rack interaction issue is caused by USSEP.

Work around for now is to save and quit to menu, disable the USSEP mod, load game, add items to racks, then save and quit back to menu, reenabling the USSEP mod. Gear I place in those racks are gear I don't plan to use and are just for aesthetics so I personally don't need to do this very often, but I'm still worried I might break something in the process of disabling and reenabling the mod in the middle of a game.

I understand that this might probably be a low priority concern during the current AE update process, but I thought I at least let you guys know. :3

As far as I remember (and after 10 years playing Skyrim) this is an intended behavior from the USSEP scripts fixing the racks. They seem completely jammed, but everything goes back to normal once the cells containing them respawns. (28 days ingame I believe, but I may be wrong)

You actually don't need to respawn the cells. Just leave the building, travel away somewhere, then come back and reeneter the building. They'll be fixed then.

8 hours ago, ShadowTani said:

nothing happens if you click on an empty Weapon/Shield Rack despite having a weapon or shield equipped.

1 hour ago, Nico coiN said:

this is an intended behavior from the USSEP scripts fixing the racks

Hi. AFAIK, I'm the last editor of those scripts. Even a few weeks ago, I'd not had this problem on vanilla racks. For example, the racks in Breezehome and Lakeview Manor.

This is fairy tricky code, because there are 2 setup scripts running simultaneously (the visible rack and the invisible activator). I'd spent a lot of time running a mental model of them line by line. (What happens if one starts first or the other starts first. What happens when one script pauses in the middle, then completes later. Usual real time issues.)

With the recompiled game engine, it could be that scripts are timed differently. If you tell me a specific rack, I'll do a test run to take a look.

Right, traveling far enough away (outside the hold apparently, Whiterun to Riverwood isn't sufficient distance it seems) and waiting a day fixed it. Also, didn't encounter the issue at all on a fresh save. So it seems to be working as intended then; sorry for the trouble!

Sorry if this was answered previously but....

So now that there is an anniversary edition of Skyrim that has all the Creation Club content available in it, is there going to be any fixes for errors/inconsistencies in the CC content? There's honestly not TOO much they can mess up with how small most of them are, but I do know some issues like the hoods on the necromancer robs dont decapitate properly, some of the added items don't have proper smithing keywords so you can't get them to legendary, and some of the zombie spells get spell negated if you have high spell absorption.

There is, Garthand has a series of patched out for them: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18975

They need to be updated for the current version of the game as well as the changes Bethesda made to all of them to remove the auto-start quests so it's taking time for him to get that all done.

Apologies for asking, but is the latest USSEP backwards compatible with Skyrim SE? I've read various comments and cannot quite make up my mind.

I downloaded it without engaging brain and I hope I did not make a mistake. I'm delaying my move to AE so that mod makers of the mods I use have time to make any changes.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Bluegunk said:

Apologies for asking, but is the latest USSEP backwards compatible with Skyrim SE? I've read various comments and cannot quite make up my mind.

I downloaded it without engaging brain and I hope I did not make a mistake. I'm delaying my move to AE so that mod makers of the mods I use have time to make any changes.

Thank you!

Latest released USSEP is compatible with latest version of Skyrim SE 1.6.318. Doubt it is compatible with older versions since forums all over the net is crying about it.

1 hour ago, Wasarion said:

Latest released USSEP is compatible with latest version of Skyrim SE 1.6.318. Doubt it is compatible with older versions since forums all over the net is crying about it.

Thanks for the update! That's useful to know. No worries, I back pedalled and used my backup. I'll move to AE when folks have caught up a bit. Cheers!

I have a question.  I bought the AE yesterday and today there was a new patch released.  Does the current version of the Unofficial Patch work with this new patch?  

Yes, the latest game update made no changes to any of the master files.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Makaan said:

So I'm getting ash piles that aren't getting removed properly, and I don't know the reason why.

Is it a cell you return to frequently?  Each time you enter a cell you reset the spawn timer for that cell.  For example, most exterior cells reset every 10 in-game days.  If we return before that period of time the cell will not respwan.  https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Respawning

In addition to what Pseron said, there are certain ash piles that will never clean up due to an engine bug. Any NPC that is placed dead at the beginning of the game won't have its ash pile cleaned up if it happens to get resurrected and turns into one. Obviously, there's no solution to this issue for modders. Bethesda would have to fix it.

1 hour ago, BlackPete said:

In addition to what Pseron said, there are certain ash piles that will never clean up due to an engine bug. Any NPC that is placed dead at the beginning of the game won't have its ash pile cleaned up if it happens to get resurrected and turns into one. Obviously, there's no solution to this issue for modders. Bethesda would have to fix it.

This is probably is then. I've noticed them in necromancer and vampire lairs the most, and I know those areas have already dead bodies in them from game start. I wasn't aware of this, or at least had forgotten it.

The only other one I've noticed is Betrid Silver-Blood who dies during the Forsworn Conspiracy quest, though I wasn't thinking of that one since I vaguely remember something about that quest being weird.

5 hours ago, Makaan said:

This is probably is then. I've noticed them in necromancer and vampire lairs the most, and I know those areas have already dead bodies in them from game start. I wasn't aware of this, or at least had forgotten it.

The only other one I've noticed is Betrid Silver-Blood who dies during the Forsworn Conspiracy quest, though I wasn't thinking of that one since I vaguely remember something about that quest being weird.

If it bugs you that much I'm sure there's a console command that you can use to manually erase them? 

19 hours ago, Nylocke said:

If it bugs you that much I'm sure there's a console command that you can use to manually erase them? 

That wouldn't be advisable. Disabling or deleting things from the game can lead to a broken save. The game stores each individual reference in the game and if it discovers that it is missing then it won't like that. In other words, if the game doesn't disable or remove something from the game on its own, you should leave it alone to avoid save corruption and other undesirable problems.