[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

Mainly a long overdue breakup of the USSEP scripts into their own group. Nothing overly important as long as it's all working properly.

I just noticed that there's no more .SEQ file in the USSEP bsa archives. Maybe I missed something, but is it an omission or is it now useless on SSE?

It's not necessary and should have been removed some time ago. USSEP has no quests which require one. SEQ files are still necessary for those mods that do.

The issue with the Dark Brotherhood Armor male cowl turning purple is still an issue on 4.2.4a on Xbox One. It only seems to affect Arnbjorn's short sleeve variant and not Veezara or other male NPCs or the player that wear the normal Dark Brotherhood Armor. The only mods I am using are the latest versions of USSEP, Run For Your Lives and Color Patches Remover. This issue hasn't occured on Xbox One in the past prior to USSEP 4.2.4. I know that I am using the latest version since I just updated USSEP in the last few hours. I also tested this with just USSEP 4.2.4a installed and the issue is still there so it's not a mod conflict. USSEP otherwise works as intended with no problems.

Yes, we're aware. It turns out that Arnbjorn uses an unplayable version of the cowl, which wasn't accounted for in the 4.2.4a hotfix. The whole thing is frustrating, as you might imagine, because we didn't realize this was the case. I don't know at the moment when (or if) another hotfix will be issued. It would be best if Bethesda could fix the problem on their end so we don't have to make an edit to something that isn't even playable in the game, but that's probably wishful thinking.

Hello first time posting on here and not sure if this is the best place for this. 

But what to let you know there seems to be an issue with the Xbox version of the patch. I was advised today of an update but when I downloaded it I got an error saying it could not be completed.  Now the patch has been completely removed from my mods list completely and I get the same message if I try and download it again. I have been able to install some other mods so it looks to be an issue with just the patch as far as I can tell and have been able to install it before without issue, it is only since the update there has been a problem.

Hope you get a chance to look at it soon

Thanks.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:31 AM, Ema Nymton said:

Hello first time posting on here and not sure if this is the best place for this. 

But what to let you know there seems to be an issue with the Xbox version of the patch. I was advised today of an update but when I downloaded it I got an error saying it could not be completed.  Now the patch has been completely removed from my mods list completely and I get the same message if I try and download it again. I have been able to install some other mods so it looks to be an issue with just the patch as far as I can tell and have been able to install it before without issue, it is only since the update there has been a problem.

Hope you get a chance to look at it soon

Thanks.

Hello,

Adding in that I'm also experincing the same exact issue on Xbox Series X.  I was prompted to update the patch and then it gives a "This operation could not be completed" error and has removed the previous version from my mods.

Thanks!

As I literally just said in the post above yours, that's a server issue on Bethesda's end. There's nothing we can do about that.

• 4 months later...

USSEP 4.2.5 is now available for public testing. See the second post for all of the juicy details.

Planning to go live with this in 2 weeks or so assuming all goes well.

On 5/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, Arthmoor said:

USSEP 4.2.5 is now available for public testing. See the second post for all of the juicy details.

Awesome! It's cool to see there are still bugs fixed that are actually possibly noticeable by the average player. Keep up the good work man :)

On 5/23/2021 at 1:25 AM, Arthmoor said:

Isn't that close to when Bethesda.net forum is shut down?

If it is then why not make an announcement about it, just for people who wants to download the latest USSEP.

According to the notice on bethesda.net the forums are already supposed to be in read-only mode.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.2.5 of the USSEP is now live, enjoy!

Uploads for bethesda.net are currently bugged out. We'll get the XB1 and PS4 version updated when they clear up the problem.

Please take not that the fix for the bugged leveled list requires reverting the list via script to clear the issue. Any mods you may have which affect DLC2BaseArrowNordic75 will need to reapply their changes for existing games. New games will not require this.

• 2 months later...

Bethesda.net uploads for USSEP have been done, at long last. XB1 and PS4 are now in sync with PC again.

• 2 months later...

USSEP 4.2.6 has been uploaded for immediate release.

Yes, before anyone asks, you WILL require the Anniversary Edition update - but not the paid $20 package with the other 70 DLCs in it.

As per normal policy with game updates, no, we will NOT provide access to a previous version of the patch.

18 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

USSEP 4.2.6 has been uploaded for immediate release.

Yes, before anyone asks, you WILL require the Anniversary Edition update - but not the paid $20 package with the other 70 DLCs in it.

As per normal policy with game updates, no, we will NOT provide access to a previous version of the patch.

Will you update USSEP only for AE version from now on?

If you want to look at it that way, sure. The thing is, AE is just a standard update for SE and it makes no difference either way. The game gets updated, we're going to update to follow it.

Many people will stick to pre-AE version of the game, so I imagine it's going to be hell for both modders and users. But I do understand your principle about USSEP, and I'm thankful for your effort.

Either way, it would be nice to leave a download for the previous version of USSEP, even if you don't support it, because users will make mistakes. This is a rather unique situation because this game update is anything but "standard".

Why would people stick to pre-AE version forever? (Temporarily, sure.)
Updating mods always takes time, some never get updated but this can happen for any reason, this has never been any different.

1 hour ago, GlitterMeThis said:

Hello there, can I confirm this works for the full SAE upgrade? Or the free update only? Thank you.

There's no difference.

What Anniversary Edition does is to grant you ownership to all Creations on top of normal Skyrim Special Edition. Without AE, you automatically get the free ones (Survival, Fishing, Saints and Seducers, Rare Curios) with the latest official patch. But everything else is the same. It is the same game, not a different edition like SE was to original Skyrim.

13 minutes ago, Woorloog said:

There's no difference.

What Anniversary Edition does is to grant you ownership to all Creations on top of normal Skyrim Special Edition. Without AE, you automatically get the free ones (Survival, Fishing, Saints and Seducers, Rare Curios) with the latest official patch. But everything else is the same. It is the same game, not a different edition like SE was to original Skyrim.

Thanks! I thought so, but wanted to make double sure. Do I need to wait for Garthands CC patches, considering I have the full SAE upgrade? Before modding in general, I mean?