[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

You should report it as not working and I think hosting a mod that doesn't work as intended violates the rules on Nexus.

Yeah, having the "Fix" word in a mod name is indeed popular. :P

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to believe nobody ever reported this as a bug, and you might disagree that it is one. But here goes: when an NPC is mining ore, there's no way to stop them until their AI package tells them to. Talking to them gives you dialogue but they don't stop digging, trying to dig the same ore vein gives you "someone else is using this" and they don't stop digging (unlike followers, who do stop). I'm currently not playing a vanilla game so if somebody would confirm this is vanilla behaviour, I'd make a hopeful suggestion for a fix... ;)

I checked Edith from Dawnstar, for example (000877af). She only features one package, DawnstarQuicksilverMinerPackage [PACK:000877A8]. I have no idea how to edit that so that you can give them the same behaviour as a follower, stopping to let you mine instead.

It does seem like this is vanilla behaviour, as it has no overrides, not even update.esm.

17 hours ago, godescalcus said:

But here goes: when an NPC is mining ore, there's no way to stop them until their AI package tells them to.

That is not a bug as it is normal behavior.

• 2 weeks later...

Does the issue #25107 also affect the console?

If it does then feel free to change it as I wasn't sure.  Also, change the level of severity too if needed.

On 8/24/2018 at 8:26 AM, Leonardo said:

That is not a bug as it is normal behavior.

I accept it's the way the game's scripted, but doesn't it bother you? Some guy can have an entire dialogue with you and not stop digging, and keep digging for hours. Would it be too hard to have them display the same behaviour as followers, and stop digging if you try to dig the same rock? Genuine question, I have no idea. It makes sense to me, it's not just a gamey thing. More natural, less frustrating. Like telling someone to take a break while you dig some ore yourself. Nobody in Skyrim seems to consider ore like a precious rarity anyway.

Bottom line is the behavior is not a bug so it's outside scope for this project whether it bothers people or not.

• 1 month later...

Arthmoor, sorry to bother you.  You may be familiar with a thread regarding USSEP that we have posted on the Steam forum (UNOFFICIAL SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION PATCH (USSEP) - A MUST HAVE: https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/1741090847739345133/ ).  We have been trying to get it pinned - to no avail.  Recently, I received a warning from Moderators warning of a ban for bumping the thread. There are also two other essential threads that we are trying to get pinned as well - but now we need to be concerned about possible bans from Steam for trying to keep them visible by bumping them. Anything you could do would be much appreciated, though I am sure you are busy enough with other projects, without needing this added to your plate.  Even a post by you in that thread would be very much appreciated. (One of the forum regulars even created this particular thread to present to the modeerator as a plea for pinning - Request for a pinned topic: https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/1729837292637101503/ ) 

If there is ANYTHING you could do, it would be tremendously appreciated - we are trying to do our small part to make the game better - if only to highlight the tremendous work that you have already done.

Thank you for your time and patience.  Everything you do is tremendously appreciated! It is often a thankless task, yet never forget that there is a large amount of thanks out there from an innumerable amount of persons!  Thank you!

I don't have any more pull than anyone else there unfortunately. The best I can do is report it and ask for it to get pinned, but I wouldn't count on that. For LE I ended up hijacking one of my own threads that had been pinned previously and replacing its content with the USLEEP notice.

Ilja has a thread pinned in the SSE forum already and might want to consider the same tactic as a last resort. Getting yourselves banned from the forums isn't worth it.

Thanks for the response, Arthmoor!  Had a feeling that was the case, but figured I would ask anyway.  Trying to get anything done with regard to the forum is like trying to get a rock to get up and walk - ain't gonna happen!  But thank you anyway - and especially for your hard work - and the hard work of everyone else on your team!

Both Arthmoor and I knows that moderation on Steam is somewhat different than most people are familiar with as both know what happen back in late 2011 or was it in 2012 when unathorized patches were uploaded to Steam without permission.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:54 PM, smr1957 said:

(UNOFFICIAL SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION PATCH (USSEP) - A MUST HAVE: https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/1741090847739345133/ )

I see can one reason why that thread haven't been pinned yet and that's the topic title in all caps.

Request to change that and wait a couple of months before asking or better if someone else requested it to be pinned.

Remember, one cannot play SSE or Fallout 4 with mods since the Steam account is tied to the account on Bethesda.net and being banned on Steam likely means that a banned Steam user cannot play those games I mention due for being banned on Steam.

On 10/8/2018 at 3:54 PM, smr1957 said:

If there is ANYTHING you could do

The question is what you can do and not what other people can do.

I rarely visit Steam forum and have no idea if one can have a signature or not, but if a signature is allowed then use a link to that thread in a signature. :)

Black Album posted this and tried contacting a moderator with whom he is friends.  Unfortunately, that individual is no longer a moderator, or active in the forums (he had been instrumental in the past in getting one of Ilja's threads pinned):

Request for a pinned topic - https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/1729837292637101503/

If you would take a look at that, and maybe post or get others to post their support in the thread and/or threads, it would be much appreciated.  I know that you are all busy, and really do not wish to impose upon you or anyone else.  As said, any help at all - even a simple post would be appreciated - but do not feel that you have to.  The time taken by both Arthmoor and yourself to respond, is more than enough.  Many thanks!

This is what I just did today, after another person received a ban warning:  This was sent to Valve, directly (list below)

I am contacting you due to a serious problem we are beginning to experience on the Skyrim forums in Steam.  It initially started as an effort to get three essential posts pinned. Now, however, some of the most respected members of the Skyrim forum community have received ban warnings for posting in the threads in an attempt to keep them visible where they may be of the most use to the community as a whole.  I would humbly ask and beseech you to see the following - any assistance and help that you may be able to render would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks, Steven Ross (known as smr1957 on Steam).

Request for a pinned topic - https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/1729837292637101503/

Sent to (at https://www.valvesoftware.com/en/people ) -
Other Experts:
Dario Casali
David Speyrer
Doug Lombardi
Eric Smith
Erik Johnson
Gabe Newell
Scott Lynch

Customer Support:
David Underwood
Jared Christen
Jenni Salmi
Markus Emmerling

Will take your advice regarding the thread title being all in caps (initially it was not - but wanted people to notice it)

Just a little news update. It took a bit of doing, but got the helpful links and references threads pinned - am seeing if they can do the same for the USSEP thread. All credit goes to Steam's David Speyrer for his attention and response!   So, I guess the rock did get up and walk, after all.

USSEP thread is now pinned as well

USSEP 4.1.5 is now in beta. Second post has the details. Should be about 2 weeks or so before this goes live due to the number of mesh edits that need further testing.

• 2 weeks later...

Beta file was updated today after discovering an issue with the grindstone mesh that was causing shader corruption in a wide variety of areas. If you're using it, you'll definitely want to update that and check around any grindstones you know of to make sure all is well again.

??? I took the previous USSEP mesh fix and redid/updated only the faulty blocks (wheel and shaft if I remember right). All other blocks are unaltered by me AFAIR, and I even quickly checked ingame if everything was ok. I miss time to investigate. So, any explanation discovered by anyone else is welcome... (Hana... ?)

Not sure we really know exactly why it happened, but the shaft piece originally extended from the opposite side of the wheel had become a separate piece in your updated file. That was causing the entire wheel to turn blue from certain angles, and to flicker rapidly at other angles. This blue shader issue was spreading to other meshes inside the loaded area, including the one at Dragonsreach. It was also causing the CK to freeze solid trying to load Whiterun and Solitude, which is eventually how I narrowed down which mesh was common to both cities. Since grindstones are everywhere, it's reasonable to assume this issue would have become obvious in any city or other location they were placed. Was only a matter of time.

Hana fixed the issue by simply editing the UV on the original USLEEP mesh that had the extended shaft piece.

Mmm, yes. The original reported issue was bad UV on the extended shaft, which wasn't unexpected. But the texture isn't designed to bear a longer shaft unless you 'stretch' the UV, which is the reason why I chose to build a 2nd, 'mirrored' shaft symetrically positioned and properly relinked to the same node as the other 'original' wheel+(half shaft) part. Although this way of dealing with the issue seemed better to me, I just can't explain why it produces this strange effect... :( Anyway, I'm happy with it fixed in any other way. Thanks, Hana ! :)

A hotfix was issues for PC and XB1 due to a missing asset for female shoes. If you see women with invisible feet, you need this update.

• 1 month later...

USSEP 4.1.6 is now in beta and expected to be about a week before it goes live. Second post has the details.