[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

USSP bug that's are beyond their competences:
- Ragdoll Paralysis bug
- Flora Respawn bugs (see works of Wiseman303)
- Stuck on sneak mode for followers that use "SetPlayerTeammate" system (Serana, Cicero, DB initiates)
I beat they never figured that bug really exists in the first place.
- A bug were with missiles (arrows from bows, spells ..) reach target before they are fired.
- A rendering bug of the sky near seas.

Realistic Ragdolls fixes a lot of issues. So it could be I've never seen that paralysis bug.

As I'm the guy who figured out the fix that Wiseman303 uses, we already decided not to include that undocumented xEdit hack in US*P.

I've never seen a missile reach a target before firing.

Count me as not knowing those others "really exists in the first place."

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/21/2018 at 10:42 PM, DayDreamer said:

Realistic Ragdolls fixes a lot of issues. So it could be I've never seen that paralysis bug.

As I'm the guy who figured out the fix that Wiseman303 uses, we already decided not to include that undocumented xEdit hack in US*P.

I've never seen a missile reach a target before firing.

Count me as not knowing those others "really exists in the first place."

That guy has 0 files, 0 endorsements given, 0 kudos and lots of posts where he does nothing but complain about how mod X is made. Meaning that he takes from the community and never gave anything in return. I have a name for these people: leeches. He's already blocked from all of my mods. He also knows nothing about modding, just ignore him.

• 3 weeks later...

@Arthmoor - Submitted a bug report on the tracker (first time in ages), but on submit I received an error saying that the site could not process the submit or something similar, with either error 500 or 505. I went back and refreshed my report to try again and got the same .. So decided to open in a new tab and see if anything had actually been submitted, and found two submits which I thought had not worked

https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=24778

https://afktrack.afkmods.com/index.php?a=issues&i=24779

Could you please sweep one of them under the table.

Dont worry about the error, it may be because I had not disabled UBlock Origin for the tracker site, so stopping some kind of script from working as it should when submitting an issue.

Done. Only one left now.

While you're here, I was going to look at the wolf howl thing but can't find the posts it was discussed in. Which file was it that we need to put back to solve the remaining problem for idling wolves?

34 minutes ago, Arthmoor said:

Done. Only one left now.

While you're here, I was going to look at the wolf howl thing but can't find the posts it was discussed in. Which file was it that we need to put back to solve the remaining problem for idling wolves?

Files here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/16906?tab=description

Treacleman (Guy on Bethnet who has a mod on Nexus) never got around to testing with the ESL, and so far not one person has reported anything so as far as I know there is either no problem .. or everyone on Nexus trying the fix do not have the Nix Hounds .. Or anyone with the Nix hounds are not noticing a problem even though there may be one : = Its all still inconclusive. The mod has had 790 unique downloads.

The individual file is meshes \ actors \ canine \ animations \ wolf_idle_spice.hkx

The AFK Mods topic was this one 

Gimme a poke if you include it again, I will change the description to read no longer necessary if you use (future x.x) version of USSEP

Yeah, gonna put back the idle file for 4.1.4 whenever we get enough together for an update.

USSEP 4.1.4 is now in beta. Second post has the details. It's somewhat small so we don't expect this to go more than a week or so.

I can confirm the fix for the Peryite dialogue is perfectly working as intended. Thanks for the update.

I can confirm :

1. "The idle animation file for wolves has been reinstated to the patch due to Bethesda's fix not being entirely complete. (meshes\actors\canine\animations\wolf_idle_spice.hkx)"

Wolves go AHWOOOOO! as they should ( without the indepenadant fix installed :) )

2. "When persuading or intimidating the Valtheim Tower bandit, they were going hostile immediately after doing so. They should have been on a 60 second timer, but that got ignored due to forgetting to take out the stage advancement in the dialogue. (Bug #24740)"

Whether using Persuade or Intimidate, both cases work as expected and the bandit does not attack 

Edit : Reference issue #24778 - Yep my bad, I should have checked vanilla textures first before posting the issue, I have let johnrose know its his textures making the issue apparent

rPY4Bht.jpg

If any PS4 lurkers are about and feel brave, there's a test copy of USSEP 4.1.4 available for PS4 now: https://bethesda.net/en/mods/skyrim/mod-detail/4073181

I cannot assure you this will be 100% safe since it got stripped of alot of stuff fairly late in the patch's life cycle but I've been over it now 3 times and haven't seen anything that stands out as a problem. Goes without saying that any fix requiring an asset (mesh, texture, script, sound, etc) will have been removed. So this is a somewhat reduced level of functionality and there's also going to be a lot more stuff that's not fixable retroactively because of the inability to include scripts.

• 2 weeks later...

Arthmoor, thought you might like to take a look at this and comment:

THE UNOFFICIAL SKYRIM SPECIAL ADDITION PATCH - A MUST HAVE:  https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/1741090847739345133/

Note particularly the post by DrNewcenstein (who constantly bashes the patch in numerous posts in the forums): see post #4  (the link not working to that post)

Folks there seem to have it under control. The guy is clearly a troll. No need for me to feed him further.

Thanks for taking a look - just wanted you to know.  Problem with this particular individual is he posts wrong and potentially game breaking advice about just about everything. And the people most likely to follow his advice are new players, who don't know enough to differentiate between what is good and what is bad advice. This type of individual is a plague on any forum or site in which they turn up.

Thanks for all the work you and your team has done, and for the years of effort that you have put in - it is, and will always be, tremendously appreciated

There's obviously more to that guy than just someone mad that he can't cheat with the patch. Most likely someone Nexus banned after trying this in our threads there. The best people on Steam can do is point out that this guy is dead wrong about everything he posts. Just keep pointing it out. Eventually he'll say something ban worthy there and you can be rid of him.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:11 PM, smr1957 said:

Note particularly the post by DrNewcenstein (who constantly bashes the patch in numerous posts in the forums): see post #4  (the link not working to that post)

I read the post and I am curious about what answer he would post if someone asked him about how to solve the Aerin bug without using USLEEP and only using the console. :P

It's like we've been telling people for years. The console is far more likely to break the game than it is to fix anything. That guy's game is almost certainly hosed beyond belief and he just won't admit it because of one exploit that even he admits is hugely broken.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, Leonardo said:

I read the post and I am curious about what answer he would post if someone asked him about how to solve the Aerin bug without using USLEEP and only using the console. :P

He would undoubtedly write a 1000 word essay about it.  If you were to read all his posts (provided you didn't go stark, raving mad doing so), you would see that this is the typical type of person who goes on at great length about things they know actually very little about.  Unfortunately, to new players, they can sound just plausible enough. 

That's why you guys need to stay on top of him and make sure his misinformation is kept in check.

This mod claims to fix TESCombatStyle Form ctd
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/19265

Wondering if anyone here has looked into it and what your opinion about it is.

Looking at the records changed - it doesn't really do what they claim. Seems like placebo.
The question of the 'fix' being added to USSEP inevitably came up so I thought I'd post here.

Thanks

What CTD are they even talking about?

As for the supposed fix file, all that's going to do is break those spawners. Looks to me like someone popped open xEdit and didn't know how to interpret what was being displayed.

Exactly what I was thinking. It just changes the 'M' marker in CK to Foxes. It won't look at the Level list to pick from rabbit or fox.

The ctd is referenced in description - apparently the Crash Fix mod by Meh123 can dump info that relates to a missing combat style form. An actor without that may crash the game - which is nonsense when looking at all the npcs that do not have a combat style defined. That crash dump is supposed to include the actor form id and that led the author to the ambient creature leveled character which shows (like all LvlChar) the default Fox Race with no combat style. That led then to the mod. Also, with all the changes they left the use template flags in place which makes most of the changes moot.

It just doesn't do what they think it does.

I didn't even notice the template flag was still in place. It's total placebo then.

.... and .... it makes it to hot files ... on both Skyrim and SSE :facepalm:

Maybe my next mod should have the word Fix in it - seems popular