[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

Well alt is correct I did find out how to continue, but I had to look for it in the CK.

However, at first I thought there was a bug, because the gearwheel only had two gears on the right side of the wall so to speak, which is why I suspected a bug and after I took a closer look in the CK I saw what these pictures show.

So that's why I moved these two objects in the CK, because if I hadn't moved the human spine then it be would almost impossible for the player to continue the quest.   Just to make that gearwheel and human spine fully visible.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Version 4.1.3 of USSEP is now in beta. We expect this should last around 2 weeks. Due to extensive changes in the marriage and adoption system, we would greatly appreciate it if people could test that on unmarried characters and report back on whether or not it still works. You should be able to marry and move into a house without incident, even if you're using Elianora's CC house.

As usual, the second post has all of the details. You also need to make sure your game has been updated to version 1.5.39 or this beta will not work.

Grabbed, testing, never ceases to amaze how much has gone into the most recent updates, thanks Arthmoor and all who contributed.

My first mission will be to have a look at the Dawnbreaker quest and see if all goes well there, and then see how much I can get through before relz.

And Jenassa is getting married to the Dark Brotherhood :).

@Arthmoor How far back do we have to go to get the Dawnbreaker to behave, start of the Temple or before even picking up Meridia's Beacon?

I just tried from just before entering the temple, fought Malkoran again (and got him to cast that spell on his self) .. And after the battle a second Dawnbreaker was on the floor (not hiding), after activating the pedestal, and speaking with Meridia again I had two in my inventory.

I know its NR so I believe I need to go back further in the history of vanilla saves I have.

Possibly before the quest is activated. I attempted to get the alias to disable if it was already running but there's no guarantee that works.

@Arthmoor I had to go back to level 11 before the quest kicks off, and the damned Beacon didn't turn up until after two Boss chests .. But eventually got back to facing off against Malkoran aaand - Success!, no second Dawnbreaker in hiding or anywhere :D ..

"It is no longer possible to obtain 2 Dawnbreakers. This weapon was never intended to duplicate. The developers changed the method by which it was to be acquired but forgot to disable the original alias for it. [NR]"

.. Proven. That unique daedric artifact now really is unique.

+ Marrying Jenassa went without any issues that I could find.

Lydia attended the wedding. Its been a while since I have married so I dont remember if thats supposed to happen. If Lydia is your House Carl in Breezehome, is she also scripted to attend any wedding you have at the temple in Riften?.

Would like to adopt Babette but I dont think thats a thing.

Also not sure if Jenassa is keen on the new house I would like to propose ..

FuEwegN.jpg

:)

It should generally have guests who show up that you're friends with and I'm assuming housecarls qualify for that by the time you get them.

Nope, can't adopt Babette. I think Nazir might object :P

Beta update - some files for the Morag Tong armor fix in a previous version were left out and have been added.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

USSEP 4.1.3 is now live. Enjoy!

This update is pretty important btw. If you are starting a new save and intend to get married and adopt kids, you need to be sure this is installed when you do or all of that will break.

Old saves made prior to patch 1.5.39 will not work regardless due to script bake-in. They will continue to work ONLY on vanilla housing and nothing else. This is NOT a USSEP issue. 4.1.3 merely brings us in line with the official patch and will not break it on any new saves started from this point forward.

I started a new save on 1.5.39 but with USSEP 4.1.2a installed, I can live with marriages/adoptions being broken and limited to vanilla houses for this playthrough, but everything else in the patch should be good to go for updating on the current playthrough?

Hi, on to a new build with latest USSEP and was wondering about missing ussepretroactive413script .   Is this something to be concerned with?

A minor issue. Stupid CK didn't pick it up for packaging. All it's trying to do for that one is to disable the duplicate Dawnbreaker if the quest is running. Outside of that it does nothing so it being missing won't hurt anything. We'll make sure it gets in with the next update whenever that happens.

Thx, and while on the topic of scripts, I've noticed that DLC1TestPhilAtronach script is missing in Special Edition. 
wondering if this is intentional?  should i grab the PSC source from oldrim and recompile it in SSE?
or clean the VMAD entry in the Dawnguard.esm ?    any insight appreciated there. thanks

On 2018-04-23 at 5:37 PM, ez009 said:

Thx, and while on the topic of scripts, I've noticed that DLC1TestPhilAtronach script is missing in Special Edition. 
wondering if this is intentional?  should i grab the PSC source from oldrim and recompile it in SSE?
or clean the VMAD entry in the Dawnguard.esm ?    any insight appreciated there. thanks

I'm absolutely no expert on scripts I hardly know anything, but judging by the name of that script it is probably something that is supposed to be missing, it is rather the check itself of that script that they forgot to remove.

Sounds like some test script for an atronach made by a developer named phil in Dawnguard, and they forgot to remove the check for it when loading a game after removing the script itself.

That script is something they intentionally detached but apparently didn't detach cleanly enough. As far as I could tell it's also only on a testing object anyway so it'll never be seen during normal gameplay.

A hotfix has been issued today:

USSEP Fixes

• The old wolf howl bugs from Legendary Edition were apparently fixed back in 2016 when SSE released but this went unnoticed until it began causing problems for the Nix-Hound DLC from the Creation Club. The relevant files have now been removed from the package as they are no longer needed.

Also forgot to mention the one the other night:

USSEP Fixes

• Unknown issue with collision on Nordic metal jail doors has been corrected.
  • Some old files from previous bug fixes somehow got missed and have now been properly added to the archive.

If you grabbed 4.1.3a already and don't have the Nix-Hound DLC from the CC, then you probably don't need to worry about getting 4.1.3b. Since I'm going to be moving soon and don't know how long I'll be without internet during the transition, I didn't think it was appropriate to leave an issue like that out there in the open for what could be several months.

• 4 weeks later...

I just had a fight with an Ancient Dragon near the Sarethi Farm and after I kill it I notice a dead Rift Guard, but oddly the guard had two shields (Rift Shield, Steel Shield equipped).  Is that normal when using USSEP 4.1.2? :unsure:

Shouldn't they have the Rift Shield equipped regardless where they're stationed in the Rift hold.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:55 PM, Leonardo said:

I just had a fight with an Ancient Dragon near the Sarethi Farm and after I kill it I notice a dead Rift Guard, but oddly the guard had two shields (Rift Shield, Steel Shield equipped).  Is that normal when using USSEP 4.1.2? :unsure:

Shouldn't they have the Rift Shield equipped regardless where they're stationed in the Rift hold.

I thought for sure we fixed that issue at some point for other Rift guards. Would have to check on it to be sure. It would be helpful to know the FormID for the guard that had the steel shield equipped.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to mention a post by KernLTX on the YASH nexus page that points out some "bugs" that USSEP overlooks. Haven't tried them out myself and don't really like the way the author of the post addresses the issue, but maybe you can confirm these are issues that need/can be resolved. Using the forum link for easy reference: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5012590-yash-yet-another-skyrim-hardcore-mod/?p=60749747

There's a post on USSEP Nexus comments that I think is a valid issue :

Bandits still attack after the Toll dialogue at Valtheim Towers and successful use of Intimidation and Persuasion.

Video using Intimidate
Video using Persuasion

Save file is at the start of those videos (includes skse co save) Save files

Active Mod Files:

(I did also have a Smashed Patch.esp but I took it out of the Load Order before doing the video runs because it was the only potential mod which could have influenced this result. The Bashed Patch has only Wrye Bash Tweaks to Arrows recovery and Crime distance)

The only plugin in my load order touching 3F7B8 is skyrim.esm

00  Skyrim.esm
01  Update.esm
02  Dawnguard.esm
03  Hearthfires.esm
04  Dragonborn.esm
05  Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp  [Version 4.1.3b]
06  SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm
07  Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
08  DynDOLOD.esm
09  RelightingSkyrim_SSE.esp
0A  Audio Overhaul Skyrim.esp