• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's weird. "Lock Load Order" isn't selected for SSE. For some reason it was for the regular edition of Skyrim though. Thanks, that seems to have fixed the issue.

My SSE DLC files were not redated by the beta. Maybe because I haven't cleaned them yet? Perhaps these Steam updates are now performing file validations at the same time as patching? If so then Bethesda really needs to get this fixed.

Arthmoor I think you are right.

I had cleaned the masters, aswell as updating time stamps

So the opted in beta ( which I was not expecting to happen because I thought I only opted into the previous one ) aswell as doing the beta update also corrected the cleaned files

Note in my screenshot it also updated Update.esm, which was not redated, but was cleaned. All makes sense ( well apart from the steam client opting me in permanently and not having any opt out option after the first beta I participated in .. sigh )

Edit : Reference Wrye Bash, Utumno has another beta up for testing before it goes live http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1612572-wrye-bash-thread-112/

If it's something newer than 307.201611220130 I'll grab it. But I have 307.201611220130 already.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnd a hotfix for the 2 busted meshes with purple textures is now up.​

Report bug blades chest piece when equipped in 1st person view black screen can you fix

I tried with male blades armour and could not reproduce ..

However dab has started a new game with only USSEP and a female character - And could repro.

Third person seems fine

But as soon as you put the armour on in First person you get the blackout

VTU6M8U.jpg

duKuxuI.png

So it seems to be confined to 1st Person meshes for females blades armour - And apparently since 404a ( dab could not repro in 404 )

Possibly some kind of polysplosion like the Whiterun cow pen ? Was this mesh even edited by USSEP ?

I'm not seeing any sort of polysplosion by the cow pen. Looks perfectly normal to me.

I'm not seeing any sort of polysplosion by the cow pen. Looks perfectly normal to me.

You are skimming posts .. Read sterbens post #84, then my post, and the posts by dab on nexus reference the same

nico is associating a problem with the cow pen as a similar effect.

You guys are talking about an issue with the female Blades armor though. He's talking about the cow pen in Whiterun.

The issue with the female Blades armor seems to have been caused by using the SSE Nif Optimizer on the meshes we previously edited. No idea why that is, the male version seems fine, and I haven't come across any trouble with other armors either.

Duh, Nico was just referencing the old polysplosion bug as an example, that the issue here (female blades armor) could be something similar.

No need to be condescending about it.

The fault was located though. The old mesh had one single vertex with a wildly bad value in it on the 1.nif file for the female Blades armor. No idea why that didn't immediately cause problems with Classic, but as we've seen, Classic was far more tolerant of faulty meshes than SSE is.

Anyone else had an automatic update to Skyrim SE yesterday ?

I just went into Wrye Bash and found my previously modified Time stamps updated to all read the same again, dated yesterday ..

.. and I did not do any Refresh Cache

KhTwiPb.png

ffs - That means every save I have done since this sneakily happened yesterday are fubar.

Bethesda !  :wallbash: sort this fucking timestamp issue out.

Edit : O_o I missed this entirely http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4712-skyrim-special-edition-official-patch-1350/page-4#entry164823  :rofl:

Hmm - let me get this straight - so there was no issue after all (the issue was that the beta rewrote those files with the old timestamps)

Re: Bash handling of dlcs: Bash will force the load order (it displays and uses) to be:

0 skyrim.esm,

1 update.esm,

2 anyoneofthethreedlc.esm (time stamp dependent),

3 anyoneofthethreedlc.esm (time stamp dependent),

4 anyoneofthethreedlc.esm (time stamp dependent)

Discuss here: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/345

Hmm - let me get this straight - so there was no issue after all (the issue was that the beta rewrote those files with the old timestamps)

Re: Bash handling of dlcs: Bash will force the load order (it displays and uses) to be:

0 skyrim.esm,

1 update.esm,

2 anyoneofthethreedlc.esm (time stamp dependent),

3 anyoneofthethreedlc.esm (time stamp dependent),

4 anyoneofthethreedlc.esm (time stamp dependent)

Discuss here: https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/issues/345

No, in the post you quoted, the issue was I had modified the timestamps manually days before to circumvent the ttimestamp issue

Then an auto beta update snook in, and simultaneously updated the esm's I had cleaned ( because they were different to originals )

In doing that, the new masters all had a new timestamp modified date and time .. But as per the original files they were all exactly the same as each other so still causing the timestamp issue

I originally got the game 28/10/2016 01:09:00

All the esms were dated and timestamped the same

I re-timestamped them to be 28/10/2016 01:10:00 / 01:11:00 / 01:12:00 / 01:13:00

Then as in the screenshot, the surprise update timestamped the newer replacements all having 21/11/2016 19:04:56 ( all exactly the same, and so breaking the modified timestamp ordering again )

I am no longer a member of Github and do not wish to be so cannot continue discuss there.

Ideally if Bethesda do not change this behaviour for Skyrim SE, we could do with Mod Managers re-timestamping the DLCs to be one minute after each other in the correct order, taking Update.esm as the base timestamp, add one minute to it for Dawnguard, add a further minute for hearthfires, and a further minute on Dragonborn ..

.. But I can see another problem emerging from this

Note the updated timestamps in my problem you quoted became the time and date that the steam client replaced them. This could happen if anyone does a Verify Cache for instance, at any time and date in the future.

They will then end up with an Update.esm timestamped ( potentially ) at a later date than a mods esm ..

So really what you need is to establish a base timestamp, say the date and time the game was released, apply that to Update.esm, and then add one minute to the DLC esms

Or take Update.esm whatever timestamp - And increment not only the DLC, but all mods plugins to follow those by adding one minute to everything ( same as used to be done for Oblivion )

Edit : Corrected by following post

>  And increment not only the DLC, but all mods plugins to follow those by adding one minute to everything ( same as used to be done for Oblivion )

But the timestamp only matters for official dlcs right ?

>  And increment not only the DLC, but all mods plugins to follow those by adding one minute to everything ( same as used to be done for Oblivion )

But the timestamp only matters for official dlcs right ?

Yes you're right it does, my bad I forgot that bit, to recap and get this right :

Skyrim.esm and Update.esm are loaded automatically by the game before anything else

DLCs then load in timestamp order ( if they are all the same Hearthfires tends to load first which is wrong )

Everything after the DLCs is load ordered as per plugins.txt ( confusing new system :facepalm:)

So actually, taking the timestamp of Update.esm as the basis, incrementing just the DLCs by one minute, with Dawnguard followed by Hearthfires followed by Dragonborn .. is all that needs to be timestamp ordered.

There was a post on Nexus by J Allin, apparently Isoku has found a fix for green water reflections in Realistic Water 2

"The green reflections emitted by some meshes when viewed at a certain angle is a bug that was introduced with Skyrim Special Edition. This bug is now fixed"

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2182/?tab=12&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrimspecialedition%2Fajax%2Fmodchangelog%2F%3Fid%3D2182%26v%3D&pUp=1

I have yet to see this green reflection once in my own game. Is it only for mods that are altering water types or something? And what was the fix? He doesn't specify.

He fixed a few meshes I think ( Havent used it myself )

Its easy to repro with NVidia cards, just go to the following two locations, and so long as you get the angle of view on the water right, its a reflection of those waterfalls that looks green

Look at the waterfall where it meets the water here, green reflection of the waterfall ..

UwyeVqf.jpg

And again, where the waterfall in the corner meets the water, reflection of a green waterfall ..

VzzxShY.jpg

Its stronger at different times of day, and the angle of view needs to be right.

Maybe doesnt affect Radeon type cards, not sure, its definitely a strange thing on NVidia though. I have had two updates to NVidia drivers since SSE was released, this glitch has been a constant ( if only minor ) annoyance.

No need to be condescending about it.

The fault was located though. The old mesh had one single vertex with a wildly bad value in it on the 1.nif file for the female Blades armor. No idea why that didn't immediately cause problems with Classic, but as we've seen, Classic was far more tolerant of faulty meshes than SSE is.

Didn't want to come across as condescending. Lost in translation. Sorry.