[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

Thanks to everyone who posted details that arose from my question, you more than satisfied my curiosity for what happened behind the scenes in the transition from Skyrim / Legendary to SE :)

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

USSEP 4.0.3 is now released. First post has the details.

Since Patch 1.2.39 has fixed the load order issues enough to rely on, we have now flipped the ESM flag back on.

Starting from this point forward, we will be resuming a normal update pattern for the unofficial patches.

That said, due to the upcoming holiday season, we are on hiatus until January, barring the need for a hotfix between now and then.

Since Patch 1.2.39 has fixed the load order issues enough to rely on, we have now flipped the ESM flag back on.

So now it will be possible to add Large References data to worldspaces and avoid LOD bugs.

@Arthmoor I dont know if you feel it would be beneficial for all on Nexus but I have a suggestion for the sticky

I was making a suggestion for SSEEdit to redate / time stamp plugins .. But I believe its a potential can of worms for the project so

I remembered NirSoft used to do a File Date Changer - Which has evolved into BulkFileChanger ..

.. which does a whole lot more than it used to.

For anyone who may not trust the link and tool, he is well trusted by many .. have a read of another recommend I just found ..

http://www.howtogeek.com/203154/how-to-change-created-or-modified-timestamps-for-files-and-folders/

I have used a few of NirSoft projects in the past, I found them to be reliable.

It works a treat, File open multi-select the three esm, Click the clock Icon, add just one minute for each on the modified time ..

gallery_1652_58_1726.png

Job done.

I did it on my newly cleaned masters, then copied them back to my usual manual cleaning zip as backups for just in cases

Use the image here for the sticky if you wish ;) - Its probably just a temporary thing until Mod Managers and hopefully Bethesda think it through

The load order bug is fixed? I wonder if I misunderstood what the bug is, but Ebony Warrior from Dragonborn still uses the baseid 30285c3, and Serana from Dawnguard is 4002b6c. Tested in v1.2.39.0.8.

Check your timestamps on the 3 DLC files. If they are not in proper sequence that will happen.

Check your timestamps on the 3 DLC files. If they are not in proper sequence that will happen.

Not sure what I should do... Check the last modified time of the 3 esm files, and ensure they are in the correct order? I've deleted the game and re-installed, nothing changed.

You modified them with... notepad?!? Um. That seems like a bad idea to me. Use Wrye Bash to change the date or grab something like http://stefanstools.sourceforge.net/SKTimeStamp.html instead. You only need to worry about the "last modified" date.

:P Yep, notepad. I'm no fan of mods, for most time I use USKP only, so there's no need for me to use these mod managers (I don't even know if Wrye Bash is a mod manager or something else) .Thanks for the information. And again, this way of sorting DLCs is damn stupid, shame for Bethesda.

Notepad ? Quite original, eh ! However, you should check that all the crc/md5 are still exactly the sames. If they changed then it will turn REALLY bad...

Notepad ? Quite original, eh ! However, you should check that all the crc/md5 are still exactly the sames. If they changed then it will turn REALLY bad...

Tried again, and proves that md5 won't change. :P  Maybe it already changed in the first time, but does it matter? I simply added a space, and deleted it, then save the file. Playing now, so far so good.

Turns out it's not only about the 3 DLC files, but all the esm files? I thought I've solved the problem, but when I put USSEP in SE/data folder, didn't even active USSEP, the dlc order messed up again, and I have to do the same notepad thing to USSEP.esp, to ensure its last modified time is later than all 3 DLCs. Is this the real "load order bug" is? How does a deactivated mod affect the game?

Turns out it's not only about the 3 DLC files, but all the esm files? I thought I've solved the problem, but when I put USSEP in SE/data folder, didn't even active USSEP, the dlc order messed up again, and I have to do the same notepad thing to USSEP.esp, to ensure its last modified time is later than all 3 DLCs. Is this the real "load order bug" is? How does a deactivated mod affect the game?

I would say the loadorder bug.

You absolutely should not be touching the USSEP file at all. There's no reason to. The game is going to put it in the right place whether you use the game's mod UI or a mod manager.

Something is screwy on your system, because the vast majority of people are not having these issues, although Shroob is, and we haven't figured out why he is either. Are you using actual Windows or are you running it through an emulation layer like Wine or Bootcamp or something?

You absolutely should not be touching the USSEP file at all. There's no reason to. The game is going to put it in the right place whether you use the game's mod UI or a mod manager.

Something is screwy on your system, because the vast majority of people are not having these issues, although Shroob is, and we haven't figured out why he is either. Are you using actual Windows or are you running it through an emulation layer like Wine or Bootcamp or something?

Windows 10, 10.0.14393, no virtual machine. Maybe system language has something to do with it? I'm a Chinese, and what about this Shroob? The game is affected in some ways by an esp file that is not in use, simply put in the data folder, so I guess it makes no difference weather I use the in-game mod UI or a mod manager. And FYI, when USSEP.esp is in the folder, the game will load in Dragonborn-Hearthfire-Dawngurad order.

It'd be nice if Bethesda just force-loaded the DLC in release order, the way the gods intended.  (Yes, I know, it'd be nice if Bethesda did a lot of things!)

I just deleted them then verified the integrity of the game cache one by one to get them redownloaded and timestamped in the proper sequence, because I didn't feel like firing up Powershell (or any number of third-party tools that can modify timestamps).

If one still wants to do things the DOS way, fire up a command prompt, change to your Skyrim SE Data directory, then type (in order, including the trailing plus sign and two commas for each copy command):

C:\…\Skyrim Special Edition\Data>copy /b Dawnguard.esm+,,

C:\…\Skyrim Special Edition\Data>copy /b Hearthfires.esm+,,

C:\…\Skyrim Special Edition\Data>copy /b Dragonborn.esm+,,

(Unless you're a blindingly fast typist this should at least ensure the three files are timestamped a few seconds apart, which should serve.)

Using Notepad (really?) to edit binary files is bad, because all null bytes ($00) will be replaced with space characters ($20).  I can't imagine this would be a good thing.

It'd be nice if Bethesda just force-loaded the DLC in release order, the way the gods intended.  (Yes, I know, it'd be nice if Bethesda did a lot of things!)

I just deleted them then verified the integrity of the game cache one by one to get them redownloaded and timestamped in the proper sequence, because I didn't feel like firing up Powershell (or any number of third-party tools that can modify timestamps).

If one still wants to do things the DOS way, fire up a command prompt, change to your Skyrim SE Data directory, then type (in order, including the trailing plus sign and two commas for each copy command):

C:\…\Skyrim Special Edition\Data>copy /b Dawnguard.esm+,,

C:\…\Skyrim Special Edition\Data>copy /b Hearthfires.esm+,,

C:\…\Skyrim Special Edition\Data>copy /b Dragonborn.esm+,,

(Unless you're a blindingly fast typist this should at least ensure the three files are timestamped a few seconds apart, which should serve.)

Using Notepad (really?) to edit binary files is bad, because all null bytes ($00) will be replaced with space characters ($20).  I can't imagine this would be a good thing.

Thanks for your advice ;). I used Notepad++ actually, text editor anyway. This should be just a few lines of code for Bethesda if they want to fix it, god knows what they are thinking. 

Well we wont be getting any confirmations of bugs fixed highlighted in the 1.2 beta topics, all those lovingly gathered topics of information .. Binned

5G1N3aV.png

I hope they archived it all internally for hopefully another beta

Ok, I lied a bit :P

USSEP 4.0.4 is up. Since the nif convertor tool for fixing old meshes to use the SSE format matured enough to be stable we've converted all the remaining meshes in the package that had not been done yet.

Now we're really on hiatus for the holidays. That'll give this time to soak in, time for us to actually play the game, and time for the rest of everything else to settle while we all wait on SKSE64.

Anyone else had an automatic update to Skyrim SE yesterday ?

I just went into Wrye Bash and found my previously modified Time stamps updated to all read the same again, dated yesterday ..

.. and I did not do any Refresh Cache

KhTwiPb.png

ffs - That means every save I have done since this sneakily happened yesterday are fubar.

Bethesda !  :wallbash: sort this fucking timestamp issue out.

Edit : O_o I missed this entirely http://www.afkmods.com/index.php?/topic/4712-skyrim-special-edition-official-patch-1350/page-4#entry164823  :rofl:

Are you in the BETA patches program?  If so, then that makes sense as another beta was announced recently.  I am not and my DLC are still dated in proper order.

Are you in the BETA patches program?  If so, then that makes sense as another beta was announced recently.  I am not and my DLC are still dated in proper order.

See my edit and link, looks like you missed something too :)

Edit : Orrrr .. I opted in to beta last time, and maybe that bugged and remained permanent opt in ( once a beta has passed and the official release goes live, steam client has no option to opt out ) , and I became an unwitting beta tester this time round aswell ( in that link I thought Arthmoor was announcing an official update not a beta ).

Every time I open Wyre Bash (Smash or whatever) it moves Dawnguard and sometimes USSEP into the wrong positions like in the screenshot. I think something with the tool (Bash) might still be bugged or something.