[Relz] Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch

Arthmoor

Nico pointed out the Deepwood Redoubt files are still valid, along with the lodsettings file for Labyrinthian. So those will be going back in for 4.0.2. I did it scorched earth because I had no idea what was working and what wasn't and people were starting to assume we were just idiots blindly porting things instead of using their brains to realize EVERYONE is going to have the same problem with assets not porting cleanly.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arthmoor

• Leonardo

• alt3rn1ty

• DayDreamer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The second Archmage robes that are unhooded lack the +50 magicka enchant the hooded one has, I am wondering if this is intentional or not?

@arthmoor

I just noticed that the download pages for USSEP at Bethesda.net are still referencing our old tracker address.

Nexus has the right address.

@arthmoor

I just noticed that the download pages for USSEP at Bethesda.net are still referencing our old tracker address.

Nexus has the right address.

Interesting - was on Bethesda's Community Forum and saw that a few people cant access mods within their in-game mod manager.

@Arthmoor

When I add the ESM flags in Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp in xEdit is enough or plugin requires some additional treatment?

Provided you never touch the in-game mods menu for any reason that should be fine, but yes. You need to use xEdit.

@Arthmoor

Could you please put information (a paragraph in the FAQ?) about the projects current stance on making this patch available to PS4. i.e. - will there ever be one, will one be made if certain changes are made by Bethesda or Sony, have either been contacted by you? Is there anything we can do about it?

@Arthmoor

Could you please put information (a paragraph in the FAQ?) about the projects current stance on making this patch available to PS4. i.e. - will there ever be one, will one be made if certain changes are made by Bethesda or Sony, have either been contacted by you? Is there anything we can do about it?

It's gonna be real tough work since he's not allowed to use any external assets, meaning most of the mesh, UV and texture fixes will have to be removed, since they edit actual game assets.

Sony would need to ease off completely on restrictions .. And I dont think anyone believes that will ever happen.

If they did, nude body mods would be easy to do for example, which they would not tolerate

Breaking their machines by overloading it would be far easier and a regular occurrence I reckon, which they also would not tolerate ( I think because they would perceive the situation as an embarrassment to the company for allowing the modding method to happen in the first instance ).

I havent followed it much but I think they only allow plugins to be uploaded, and all additional resources such as modified scripts etc are not allowed = USSEP needs a heap of varied resources to make everything work due to the nature of the problems being fixed. Without those, you cut out the majority of the USSEP

Sony would need to ease off completely on restrictions .. And I dont think anyone believes that will ever happen.

If they did, nude body mods would be easy to do for example, which they would not tolerate

Breaking their machines by overloading it would be far easier and a regular occurrence I reckon, which they also would not tolerate ( I think because they would perceive the situation as an embarrassment to the company for allowing the modding method to happen in the first instance ).

I havent followed it much but I think they only allow plugins to be uploaded, and all additional resources such as modified scripts etc are not allowed = USSEP needs a heap of varied resources to make everything work due to the nature of the problems being fixed. Without those, you cut out the majority of the USSEP

I still don't get it though, what their actual reason is. If it was possible to break(hack) the system through mods, it would've already been done through other software means.

I am aware of the external assets issue. However, given this is not an issue for the PC and XB1 platforms, Sony may very well change their mind to increase sales and have done in the past (going forward into future years, with more games allowing mods, Sony would likely revisit any decision that affects profits). The makers behind USSEP may very well be in contact with Sony, or a rep, and may have had a reply - only they know. Even if Sony don't change their policy, some fixes can be made. The makers of USSEP are the only ones who can answer the question on whether they will ever make a version for PS4 or not. If they do that's great, if they don't it's fine I understand. I'm only requesting what their position is, and whatever that position is, I certainly will not argue with it.

And regarding the content issue, i.e. nudity etc. it's my opinion that that is a matter for Bethesda to police. They have rules and a complaints process.

Please don't respond to this post (unless you are responsible for USSEP creation).

lol, you're an optimist :P

No, we're not in talks with Sony. No, they're not going to relent on this. So no, we aren't going to butcher our patch for the PS4.

I read the first post and the FAQs and I didn't quite catch this information stated explicitly - with the broadest generalization, is it fair to say that the majority of quest, item, etc type data in Skyrim remained the same, and thus previous unofficial patches carried over to some extent from their previous incarnations?

I read the first post and the FAQs and I didn't quite catch this information stated explicitly - with the broadest generalization, is it fair to say that the majority of quest, item, etc type data in Skyrim remained the same, and thus previous unofficial patches carried over to some extent from their previous incarnations?

Everything has been carried over, and had their data adjusted according to masters. Some stuff has been removed because they're redundant, but all scripts are carried over as there's no practical difference between any of them other than some debug stuff from dawnguard commented out.

All the fixes done previously for USLEEP and UHRP were carried over to USSEP with few exceptions. Some things, which were either fixed by Bethesda or the fix needed redoing, were removed in the first version(s) of the USSEP. Most of the latter have already been reintroduced. There were also few things that needed a bit of adjusting and that has been taken care of too (animations, meshes, water height and flow data).

Edit: I'm sorry, alt3rn1ty, for not mentioning all your hard work on the textures. They initially had their own sentence, but when I removed that, I forgot to add them to the list.

All the fixes done previously for USLEEP and UHRP were carried over to USSEP with few exceptions. Some things, which were either fixed by Bethesda or the fix needed redoing, were removed in the first version(s) of the USSEP. Most of the latter have already been reintroduced. There were also few things that needed a bit of adjusting and that has been taken care of too (animations, meshes, water height and flow data).

I wonder if there's been any script fixes that needed redoing due to fixed engine bugs(or new engine bugs)? What about the display cases that seemed to be one of the hardest bugs to fix in original Skyrim due to engine bugs?

They didn't alter a single script at all between Classic 1.9 and SSE. So there are no script fixes to account for, they made none.

.. and the texture fixes if anyone asks were also redone as necessary, or removed when proved no longer needed.

Mesh and UV fixes are still there, Since they didn't alter a single mesh or UV AFAIK

Mesh and UV fixes are still there, Since they didn't alter a single mesh or UV AFAIK

You obviously did not read the linked topic / or did not understand what needed doing, I have edited the opening paragraph to make that clearer.

Although this is not relevant to the USSEP fixes, you may not know that there are a lot of differences between Old Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition textures. Landscape normal maps for one example have added alphas. I think there were changes to meshes too which necessitated changes to tools such as NifSkope

You obviously did not read the linked topic / or did not understand what needed doing, I have edited the opening paragraph to make that clearer.

Although this is not relevant to the USSEP fixes, you may not know that there are a lot of differences between Old Skyrim and Skyrim Special Edition textures. Landscape normal maps for one example have added alphas. I think there were changes to meshes too which necessitated changes to tools such as NifSkope

Hmmm weird, some other mod author stated(the author of SMIM) that meshes were not edited in SSE and are still exactly the same as Vanilla. I guess he meant that only for static meshes for objects? This is his big fat warning on his mod page: "Note: the Skyrim Special Edition does not improve any meshes. 

Therefore, SMIM is just as necessary for this "improved" edition."

Well I am no expert with meshes apart from understanding some basics and UV mapping problems and how to solve them where textures are involved, blender heads are a different breed ( superior obviously is a word that could be used ), I am sure whatever words Brumbek is telling his fans can be trusted. However the USSEP team have been running their meshes through a few updated tools / scripts to ensure some old problems ( which did not seamingly manifest as a problem in the old Skyrim game previously ) were eradicated. I believe Brumbek did the same for SMIM, and maybe does not wish to baffle his audience with technicalities which may just confuse people using the mod.  :shrug:

But anyway up - My post in post #45 ( which you quoted in post #46 ) was reference textures in this project .. Why are we sliding into a discussion about meshes ?

The format of every single mesh in the vanilla game was updated, so it's simply false for someone to claim that none of them are different. These differences have also led us to have to redo some fixes due to quirks in armor, weapons, and some static meshes too.

When Brumbek says they didn't "improve" any meshes in SSE, he means for the specific things he did via SMIM. Of course they didn't. Technically what he's doing goes above and beyond what the vanilla game called for. A lot of what he's doing are stylistic changes in addition to some bug fixes (bug fixes he's sent us in the past btw).

I think in his attempt to not confuse people with the details, he confused people with the lack of details :P